PoE 2 = Good time to add a logout timer?

Even if it's just 3 seconds?

#makePoEhardcoreagain

Last bumped on Nov 21, 2019, 5:15:30 AM
It could never work. Killing the logout macro also means that if your internet goes down your character is going to die. That's not exactly a happy tradeoff.
no logout macro works if your internet hiccups, none

99% of the times when game freezes(on lockstep), no logout macro will save your character, none

logout macro only saves your character if you make a huge mistake and do stupid things

e: but i agree, kill logouts with a timer, time to polish those sick TP skills again
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Nov 20, 2019, 11:47:07 AM
"
It could never work. Killing the logout macro also means that if your internet goes down your character is going to die. That's not exactly a happy tradeoff.

Well this still happens Im afraid...Problem is if ur internet goes down the server still waits a couple of seconds (sometimes like 10 or more) for response... I tested long time ago in party and told my friend to "reset the modem" he stayed online for some time. Chris once responded about this and said that the waiting timer is in place cause of packet losses and to not disturb the players having them disconect cause of some packet loss or latency spike.

About the topic. I dont care about logout macros, the goal for hardcore is personal goal and to have the adrenaline of near death experiences and a personal achievment when u beat the endgame/reach ur goals. If x or y player wants to cheat death let them do it.

Ah and the macro gives a false confidence cause u can see a lot of ppl dieing and using the macro... Reacting to logout in time require the same reflexes of using flasks or geting out of danger so I dont see the point in using the macro.
How about you just don't use logging out to save your character and not worry about what other people do?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
How about you just don't use logging out to save your character and not worry about what other people do?

Because it ruins the competitive vibe that many players enjoy.

By your logic, why not enable a console command that players can use to give themselves whatever gear they want, or whatever level they want, etc? And if you don't like it, just don't use it?
Last edited by KZA on Nov 20, 2019, 11:55:34 AM
"
KZA wrote:

#makePoEhardcoreagain

Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
In combat maybe.

I don't wanna have to wait when I'm closing my game.
"
Zykor wrote:
In combat maybe.

I don't wanna have to wait when I'm closing my game.

Right? I mean, who has 3 seconds to spare these days?
"
"
KZA wrote:

#makePoEhardcoreagain

Because it ruins the competitive vibe that many players enjoy.

By your logic, why not enable a console command that players can use to give themselves whatever gear they want, or whatever level they want, etc? And if you don't like it, just don't use it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info