PoE 2 = Good time to add a logout timer?

hardcore is a big fucking lie in path of exile.. you can pretend as much as you like but there's no hardcore so long the cheat macro exists.

hell even d3 has it better.. now that activision blizzard bans you for using macro or not that's another story but it's not allowed.

cut the bullshit for once and face the punishment as intented or just don't play hardcore.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
I LMFAO everytime i see a HC locout to avoid dying!!!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I can click the "x" on the top right corner as fast as you can hit your "logout macro" so calm your man boobs.

A logout timer would punish everyone. One of the worst ideas ever posted here.
"
crunkatog wrote:

Er, if your internet craps out, you aren't using a logout macro anyway, unless it's a planned outage and you're exploiting it.

Deliberate logouts or quits could probably be tracked and flagged differently from game crashes or packet loss.

It can't. From the server standpoint taking out the plug, disabling the network card, random network connection drop because of some technical problems, game crash or killing the connections using macro is the same thing. TCP connection has been dropped, no new packets are coming in.

Furthermore - if they set the server timeout from something like 30 seconds (currently) to something like 3 seconds, as it's proposed by OP then every lag >3 seconds will result in disconnection (this time the server will drop it, without retrying)
Last edited by jewelsy2 on Nov 21, 2019, 5:19:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info