Spears and Polearm in PoE 2

New weapon types will be cool but only if they make exclusive passives and skills. In other case i don't got any sense.
It will be quite nice if get for example some crossbows passives at bottom of the tree and divide some existing bow passives at bow and crossbow. Same with skills, part of bow skills becoming crossbow exclusive skills.
Same with spears or polearm.

I also don't see reason why we can't get hand guns or rifle. We got many advance technology in PoE. They work bc thaurmaturgy. Guns can work in this way too.
Problem with most current weapon types is that they have no interesting flavour atached to them.
It is mostly aps + DMD hit range + generel crit/ crit damage.

If they intend to introduce new weapons like spear or x-bow it will mainly we a visual update without any unique play style, granted they keep the boring affix system.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Makes me wonder if we will eventually see dragons in PoE, in spite of the fact that Chris also said there never would be. =0[.]o=

There is a dragon in PoE. It lurks in the bowels of delve.

https://imgur.com/VR1PWyW
"
Hallsttattian wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Makes me wonder if we will eventually see dragons in PoE, in spite of the fact that Chris also said there never would be. =0[.]o=

There is a dragon in PoE. It lurks in the bowels of delve.

https://imgur.com/VR1PWyW
Looks more like a wyvern but I wouldn't mind fully fleshed dragons in PoE.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
I'm really hoping for polearm, crossbow and maybe even muskets. Those type would be nice to add in game.

Pretty sure that, way back in the dawn of time, Chris said there would be no guns in PoE. Of course, he also said there would be no demons, either, and there were monsters in the PoE 2 demo called demons, so...

There is literally a map mod, area contains demons right now lol

also the delve thing isn't a dragon its just one of the dog things with wings, probably close to an alternate reality griffon than a dragon.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Nov 20, 2019, 7:11:34 AM
Spartans, Yes.
Other then the obvious "more game to play" the number one thing I was hoping for from 4.0 was new weapon types and spears/javelins were number one one that list so hell yes I'm looking forward to this, no more will I be jealous of Greust when I fight him... well not after 4.0/PoE2 anyway...

Personally hoping they will be a mixed range/melee weapon and can use both melee and bow skills. Better still would be if skills like puncture that can be used with both granted two versions of skills... Please GGG... Please?
"
Nephalim wrote:
I dont understand the appeal of new weapon types unless theyre going to make spear only skills and crossbow only spears.

I feel like they will just be generic melee stave/bow types without much difference to existing bases.

Aesthetic.

Polearms are COOL AF BRO! They are probably part of one of the new ascendencies or something. They somehow never make it into ARPG genre and potential animations for those weapons are full of movement especially halberds.
They introduced melee bow skills, yes u punch the monster on the face with your bow. U can use that even while in werewolf form.

Why not polearms and spears? prety much yes (but i hope with new animations only for that)

And why only Einhar has crossbows?

Why we have doors as shields?

Why the new boss can use a bell as a weapon, and not us?
Last edited by HoockBr on Nov 21, 2019, 5:19:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info