Spears and Polearm in PoE 2

I remember seeing one of the ranger ascendancy having a spear in her hands. Does it mean GGG will introduce new weapons type such as lance & spear? would be cool.
Last edited by diablofdb on Nov 20, 2019, 9:15:40 AM
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2019, 5:17:44 AM
I think they "made it clear", when pointed it out that new weapon type. :P
Personally, I believe it will be a thing.
I'm really hoping for polearm, crossbow and maybe even muskets. Those type would be nice to add in game.
"
diablofdb wrote:
I'm really hoping for polearm, crossbow and maybe even muskets. Those type would be nice to add in game.

Pretty sure that, way back in the dawn of time, Chris said there would be no guns in PoE. Of course, he also said there would be no demons, either, and there were monsters in the PoE 2 demo called demons, so...

Makes me wonder if we will eventually see dragons in PoE, in spite of the fact that Chris also said there never would be. =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Just personal taste here but I completey despise guns and technology in these settings. I can suspend my disbelief that a person who can wield magic is drained of energy as they cast, so there's a limit.

I can't however suspend my disbelief that they found out how to make guns with bullets, but never tried to make the gun shoot faster.

And yea ballistas walk that line for me too.

Spears and polearms would be pretty cool and they essentially confirmed that. I want flails next >.>
Last edited by Bleu42 on Nov 19, 2019, 10:33:52 PM
100% stoked for spears. I love polearm weapons.

Wonder if they'd let me design the second unique for one of them.
うにゅ?
I dont understand the appeal of new weapon types unless theyre going to make spear only skills and crossbow only spears.

I feel like they will just be generic melee stave/bow types without much difference to existing bases.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Well yeah, we're hoping they're going to be new base type. And polearms in general have amazing potential in terms of cool skills. It'd be such a waste to just make them count as axe or something.
They will be a great addition to the game. And they could be integrated really easily into the existing passive tree just by adding "and spears" or "and polearms" to various weapon-specific nodes that already exist (which is a moot point because obviously they'll be totally changing the tree in 4.0 and PoE 2 will have a separate tree).

Spear maiden of some sort is likely to be one of my first PoE 2 characters.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
I remember einhar having a crossbow on stage.
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info