Shouldn't it be avoided?

"
smtad wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:

i bet he doesnt make use of the immunity buff when you enter incursion if he has to jump out of mobs asap

How do you immune for the damage with 2 extra elemental damage mods?
Yes, I jump, and then I got one-shot.

when you join new areas you are immune to every kind of dmg this includes incursions
so take a very short moment and look before you click!
While I tend to agree with the sentiment that "Players that cheap out on commitment to Defense get what is coming to them", mobbing a Character on entry does seem a rather cheesy way for GGG to deliver said "justice". The temporary immunity seems more like a band-aid than anything else.

Not necessarily the case here, but it also seems somewhat questionable to me when Players parked in Standard with a ton of awesome gear at their disposal (perhaps much of it Legacy?) propose to set the standard for what is reasonable regarding Defense.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
To be fair, GGG has made it pretty obvious that they don't want you getting mobbed as soon as you enter an area.

No maps have monsters that spawn within like 1.5 screens of where you start, and no boss encounters begin as soon as you enter the dedicated boss room without approaching the boss first. So yeah, incursions definitely seem like an outlier.
"
smtad wrote:
one-shot is not a precise description. it is a lot of shots at the same time actually.

I'm very sure you can't defense a lot of shots at the same time with 5.3k life. you just got lucky that never be surrounded when you just get into an incursion.

You can.

You can dodge and block, things that matter a lot when it comes to lots of small hits.

And by the way, with 0 chaos resistance, Ancient constructs hit much harder.

"
walkjohn55 wrote:
While I tend to agree with the sentiment that "Players that cheap out on commitment to Defense get what is coming to them", mobbing a Character on entry does seem a rather cheesy way for GGG to deliver said "justice". The temporary immunity seems more like a band-aid than anything else.

It is, I remember some bad situations during incursion league but ... somehow, I never died to any of it, and especially not now, it just never seem to happen to me ... idk.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 19, 2019, 10:50:05 PM
"
RaSTVaMPHuNT wrote:
To be fair, GGG has made it pretty obvious that they don't want you getting mobbed as soon as you enter an area.

No maps have monsters that spawn within like 1.5 screens of where you start, and no boss encounters begin as soon as you enter the dedicated boss room without approaching the boss first. So yeah, incursions definitely seem like an outlier.

This is what I meant. I didn't suppose to get mobbed at the entrance when I just get in a new area. So I didn't re-roll maps even they had multiple damage mods. I think I can handle every situations unless they face shot me as soon as I enter an area.
"
ciel289 wrote:

when you join new areas you are immune to every kind of dmg this includes incursions

It didn't help. I had been surrounded by mobs. When I moved or did something whatever. I just got one-shot.
"
smtad wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:

It didn't help. I had been surrounded by mobs. When I moved or did something whatever. I just got one-shot.

You don’t have a ‘cast on death - portal’ setup do you? Otherwise you would have to had led to mobs to your portal, then die in front of it. Both those are on the player, not GGG.

I cannot think of single situation where the game portals you into a pack of mobs without a player intention/mistake.
Last edited by fomori2 on Nov 20, 2019, 9:40:02 AM
Chaos resistance.

It does wonders.
"
fomori2 wrote:
Spoiler
"
smtad wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:

You don’t have a ‘cast on death - portal’ setup do you? Otherwise you would have to had led to mobs to your portal, then die in front of it. Both those are on the player, not GGG.

I cannot think of single situation where the game portals you into a pack of mobs without a player intention/mistake.

He is talking about incursions where you get portaled by the game. Sometimes it happens that you are placed into the middle of a big hall full of ranged mobs.

Incursions and Delve feels like an exceptionto GGG's rule of not mobbing you at the very beginning of a map. Then again, there has to be an exception from every rule, I guess...

However, there are mitigation tactics.
During Incursion league I used immortal call and movement skills while spamming seething life flask. Minions are great too in tricky situations like these.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
With incursions it's very much luck of the draw from my experience. I've completed the temple 3 times so far with a character only at 18% chaos resist (my lvl 80 assassin), only dying once due to player error (hit tab instead of q by mistake at a critical moment), so it's not a matter of my defenses - I can and do survive ranged mobs in the temple usually.

But I hit an incursion last night that just decimated me. I entered the first of three and before my screen even finished loading all the way, I was back at home-base, blinking in disbelief. The second incursion I took my hands off the keyboard entirely just in case, and had just enough time to see not only one of the two architects for the room, but an entire mob ball of ranged constructs all pointed at my portal. I stared at them and knew the second my immunity buff dropped, I was dead. Third one I tried spamming quicksilver+flame dash the second I dropped in, I lasted only 2 seconds longer.

Next set I did, I returned to having no issues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info