[3.11] Melting Nova | 16m DPS, 6k life, acro/phase | Deathless Sirus A8

Sure chancing one might be easy but there are 7 other unique gold ammys it could chance into. Plus fuck my wrist trying. Way easier to buy.

Secondly lightning does stack better that's def true since it can convert more. However with this build you are basically only needing to give up the armor slot to make eternity shroud work and since it also provides life.. it's not really that big of a hit.

Yes its expensive but that's what makes it even more fun.

I found a guy that has a similar setup but imo an effigon and better gem choices would fair better.

https://youtu.be/iGCSg3nAUdg

Tho it still looks quite good. Also found another guy with a cospri eternity shroud build delving effortlessly in the 350 range.

Last edited by MeneXCIX on Feb 24, 2020, 1:02:30 PM

Can anyone provide me some guidance on how I can carry this build further? I still get one shotted by Metamorphs and I can't wear down a lvl 8 sirius to save my life. Where else do yall feel I could make improvements? I think i can get a better elder ring to start with.
"
MacMowgli wrote:

Can anyone provide me some guidance on how I can carry this build further? I still get one shotted by Metamorphs and I can't wear down a lvl 8 sirius to save my life. Where else do yall feel I could make improvements? I think i can get a better elder ring to start with.

This build is not the safest for killing sirus, it's possible, I killed my first AL8 sirus with this build.
If you really want to farm sirus with a CoC build, i would say go ES, either shavs or CI if you have the money (Can get 10k+ ES with CI).
Or just do it with your necro, i leveled a necro for this specific reason after having to deal with learning sirus on a 5k life evasion character :D

At least get a jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you", makes the fight a joke if you have enough HP to tank a hit every once in a while.

Other than that there are a few upgrades you can get:
1. Crit/Explode chest, why do you play with an ES base, you're specced into accrobatics, not that it provides a lot of ES to begin with.
If you have the money, try get/craft something like this:

Something like this will be decent enough to start with:

2. Craft a helmet with nearby enemies have -9% to fire resistance (And preferably with the "Wave of Conviction apllies an additional -6% exposure" enchant)

3. After step 2 Get a Watcherseye with precision IAS and crit multi

4. Your gloves are pretty mediocre, projectile attack damage only buffs your frostbold as far as i know.
Get tempel gloves with open prefix to craft dmg during flask effect:

5. You can run two of those, if you have the money
, but you either need a Curse on hit implicit on either of them (easily 100ex+), or a CoH corrupt on your gloves or a CoH setup in e.g. your vortex link (what I ran for a while). You also need some -mana implicit (and a +2 mana gained on hit jewel) to be able to run no-regen maps, or a mana flask.

any idea for improvments?
Last edited by Beskaius on Feb 26, 2020, 2:41:31 AM
"
todnesser wrote:

This build is not the safest for killing sirus, it's possible, I killed my first AL8 sirus with this build.
If you really want to farm sirus with a CoC build, i would say go ES, either shavs or CI if you have the money (Can get 10k+ ES with CI).
Or just do it with your necro, i leveled a necro for this specific reason after having to deal with learning sirus on a 5k life evasion character :D

At least get a jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you", makes the fight a joke if you have enough HP to tank a hit every once in a while.

Other than that there are a few upgrades you can get:
1. Crit/Explode chest, why do you play with an ES base, you're specced into accrobatics, not that it provides a lot of ES to begin with.
If you have the money, try get/craft something like this:

Something like this will be decent enough to start with:

2. Craft a helmet with nearby enemies have -9% to fire resistance (And preferably with the "Wave of Conviction apllies an additional -6% exposure" enchant)

3. After step 2 Get a Watcherseye with precision IAS and crit multi

4. Your gloves are pretty mediocre, projectile attack damage only buffs your frostbold as far as i know.
Get tempel gloves with open prefix to craft dmg during flask effect:

5. You can run two of those, if you have the money
, but you either need a Curse on hit implicit on either of them (easily 100ex+), or a CoH corrupt on your gloves or a CoH setup in e.g. your vortex link (what I ran for a while). You also need some -mana implicit (and a +2 mana gained on hit jewel) to be able to run no-regen maps, or a mana flask.

I was able to get the armour, I'm working towards the hat and gloves. Thank you for your help. The runs are a lot smoother.
This is pretty much a glass cannon build so you're gonna get one shotted from time to time no matter what. Vaal pact from atziri gloves helps alot in surviving near one shots and degens on the ground. Save up for a bottled faith, it's a massive dps boost especially for bosses. You shouldnt need crit on chest if you follow the updated guide. Explode is nice for cancelling most on death effects but other than that it's completely unnecessary. I don't have the most optimized gear, but I can just faceroll through all the content. Both Sirus and Uber elder are pretty trivial.

"
xXxUglybobxXx wrote:
This is pretty much a glass cannon build so you're gonna get one shotted from time to time no matter what. Vaal pact from atziri gloves helps alot in surviving near one shots and degens on the ground. Save up for a bottled faith, it's a massive dps boost especially for bosses. You shouldnt need crit on chest if you follow the updated guide. Explode is nice for cancelling most on death effects but other than that it's completely unnecessary. I don't have the most optimized gear, but I can just faceroll through all the content. Both Sirus and Uber elder are pretty trivial.

The new PoB has a few things that I would miss:
1. No curse, you could get Ele Weakness corrupt on gloves or a curse on ring
2. No WE
3. No tailwind boots. Means you need to invest a more into attack speed (Tailwind gives 10% action speed, which is multiplicative with APS, so you need ~13.5 APS to be close to 15 APS)
4. No glorious vanity for fireleech, you don't event need 0.5% to get to leech cap, a single 0.2% roll was enough for me. IF you can get a Effigon with snowforged and fire leach, it will probably be better.
4. I think a helmet with WoC/cyclone enchant and -9 fire res to nearby enemies will be better in terms of DMG, especially when you can slam it with +1 power charges or dmg to spells.
5. No explode chest, if you want to run arctic armor (You need to get nearby enemies are blinded on your chest to get 25% free mana from not running flesh and stone), I would still go for an explode chest with awakener orb, instead of frenzy charge generation, the 3 frenzy charges are equal to 12% increased attack speed and 12% more damage, the attack speed is more than made up for by running tailwind boots. This is a mapping build in the end, so better to make mapping faster IMHO, if you want to kill bosses go ES/CI (What I will be doing next league) or level a Necro and spend 5 ex on it.

And saying the explode is unnecessary, when all we have for AoE clear is Herald of Ash is also questionable, it's cutting down mapping time by a lot, the sheer amount of packs you will 1shot by having a single frostbolt travel over is insane. It's not comparable to what you see in the videos of this guide.

I've played characters with a few hundred k DPS blasting through T16s completely carried by an explode chests.

Don't get me wrong, this guide is great, especially for getting your CoC going for endgame, but it does not cover end game min-maxing with a few hundred ex
all that well :D
Without Fire damage leeched as life, this is almost unsustainable. The Amulet has been sitting at 53ex all league with the implicit and with crafting them and either buying or fating them uncorrupted is almost impossible. The only other slots available are crafting a near perfect helm or the EXACT enchant and ruining a helm with a possibility of corruption. While it does melt maps, and anything up to unique monsters is simply a blink, bossing and survivability does nothing to make anything other than a hope for this build. Mapping and farming - absolutely! Bossing... no. Unless you are at the level you feel comfortable capped. Third CoC in three leagues and dropped a lot into it and just... had to sell it. Was fun and dominated, but the inability to run content, necessity for regen and leech based off of one element, low life and minimal avoidance, with flasks is just a no. The cold version ES is much more sustainable and I wanted to try something different, just not a fan.

4 auras (precision, HoA, purity of ele, skitter [blind on armor with effigon]) and enlighten (dropping faster attacks on whirling blades) still can't sustain leech other than spending 50ex. The .2% from Dory belt is not enough and waiting for ignites is too long rather than wait on shatter/crit combo. Also running poacher's mark isn't enough because enemies die too quickly to leech.

The penetration from wave is a fantastic idea and super smart along with flask benefits is nuts, especially if you have a helm on top of that, but the leech is not there. Regen is not enough and life recovery rate isn't even enough with life regen and .2% leech. Tell me if I'm wrong. Exact build other than effigon implicit.

Let me know in a PM or something, but the tree is the exact PoB and I gave up.
"
256mosh wrote:
Without Fire damage leeched as life, this is almost unsustainable. The Amulet has been sitting at 53ex all league with the implicit and with crafting them and either buying or fating them uncorrupted is almost impossible. The only other slots available are crafting a near perfect helm or the EXACT enchant and ruining a helm with a possibility of corruption. While it does melt maps, and anything up to unique monsters is simply a blink, bossing and survivability does nothing to make anything other than a hope for this build. Mapping and farming - absolutely! Bossing... no. Unless you are at the level you feel comfortable capped. Third CoC in three leagues and dropped a lot into it and just... had to sell it. Was fun and dominated, but the inability to run content, necessity for regen and leech based off of one element, low life and minimal avoidance, with flasks is just a no. The cold version ES is much more sustainable and I wanted to try something different, just not a fan.

4 auras (precision, HoA, purity of ele, skitter [blind on armor with effigon]) and enlighten (dropping faster attacks on whirling blades) still can't sustain leech other than spending 50ex. The .2% from Dory belt is not enough and waiting for ignites is too long rather than wait on shatter/crit combo. Also running poacher's mark isn't enough because enemies die too quickly to leech.

The penetration from wave is a fantastic idea and super smart along with flask benefits is nuts, especially if you have a helm on top of that, but the leech is not there. Regen is not enough and life recovery rate isn't even enough with life regen and .2% leech. Tell me if I'm wrong. Exact build other than effigon implicit.

When I read this build, without even playing it I knew Leech would be a problem. Go Anger and get a watchers Eye that leeches fire. My Double Anger only cost 15 ex w/ Damage Penetrates Fire Resistance.

I haven't tinkered with the numbers, but I feel like you can gain back what you lose by running Anger, Lvl 1 Precision, Enlighten, and whatever else you want.
Far Easier to find, rather than relying on Corrupted Lucky Finds on the Market.

I have to wait until League ends to give my build a whirl, but It's pretty much done.

I am likely going to Multimod the Boots for STR and The life,
The Belt I am unsure yet, I am too broke to metacraft it.. Took about 5 Ex just for T1 lifes.. Probably Multimod Damage and Flask Duration.

Will Switch out Fortify and Awakened Fire for bosses and mapping. I have read that it doesn't do well against awakener.. But Have seen videos of this build not nearly as deckt out doing T8 all Bosses. So I am more than fine with that.

Admittedly, I got incredibly Lucky with my helm. I found a Silken Hood on the Market with the Cyclone Enchant. I messaged the person and offered 1 Ex. I then Used the Crusader orb and then Awakened it with a Shaped Helm. Threw a few Perfect Fossils on it and it only took about 100 Chances..

Just like many other builds.. You hit walls, and you can also throw every Ex you have into them to try to get past that wall. I will let you know if Mana Sustain is a problem with the Anger / Watchers Eye Option.. But I don't believe it will be.

"
MeneXCIX wrote:
"
256mosh wrote:

When I read this build, without even playing it I knew Leech would be a problem. Go Anger and get a watchers Eye that leeches fire. My Double Anger only cost 15 ex w/ Damage Penetrates Fire Resistance.

I haven't tinkered with the numbers, but I feel like you can gain back what you lose by running Anger, Lvl 1 Precision, Enlighten, and whatever else you want.
Far Easier to find, rather than relying on Corrupted Lucky Finds on the Market.

I have to wait until League ends to give my build a whirl, but It's pretty much done.

I am likely going to Multimod the Boots for STR and The life,
The Belt I am unsure yet, I am too broke to metacraft it.. Took about 5 Ex just for T1 lifes.. Probably Multimod Damage and Flask Duration.

Will Switch out Fortify and Awakened Fire for bosses and mapping. I have read that it doesn't do well against awakener.. But Have seen videos of this build not nearly as deckt out doing T8 all Bosses. So I am more than fine with that.

Admittedly, I got incredibly Lucky with my helm. I found a Silken Hood on the Market with the Cyclone Enchant. I messaged the person and offered 1 Ex. I then Used the Crusader orb and then Awakened it with a Shaped Helm. Threw a few Perfect Fossils on it and it only took about 100 Chances..

Just like many other builds.. You hit walls, and you can also throw every Ex you have into them to try to get past that wall. I will let you know if Mana Sustain is a problem with the Anger / Watchers Eye Option.. But I don't believe it will be.

Why is everyone so hung up about lifeleech? just get a glorious vanity, socket it in the slot at pain attunement and divine it a few times, fire leech is not that hard to get and you only need a single 0.2% roll to be leech capped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info