[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

Finally got a six-link, damage improved.

I still would say that I am at times a bit too squishy, did I perhaps miss something? I stayed rather close to the original guide/PoB.
Leveling was really fun with this, thanks for the unique shield suggestions. Also enjoying the tankiness, did Uberlab even before finishing Act10 and never dropped below 90% health or something. Made some changes but largely stayed faithful to the original.

Just a question about map mods for everyone who plays this, what mods do you reroll?

Currently I hard-reroll Physical Reflect, Avoid Bleed, Anti Block/Armor and No Leech. Anything else you guys experienced that's really bad?

I guess No Regen and Less Recovery can also suck, but then I am getting to a point where it's hard to keep alching maps, haha.
"
XenoPOE wrote:
Leveling was really fun with this, thanks for the unique shield suggestions. Also enjoying the tankiness, did Uberlab even before finishing Act10 and never dropped below 90% health or something. Made some changes but largely stayed faithful to the original.

Just a question about map mods for everyone who plays this, what mods do you reroll?

Currently I hard-reroll Physical Reflect, Avoid Bleed, Anti Block/Armor and No Leech. Anything else you guys experienced that's really bad?

I guess No Regen and Less Recovery can also suck, but then I am getting to a point where it's hard to keep alching maps, haha.

Personnaly i reroll Physical Reflect, Avoid Bleed, Anti Block/Armor
- Avoid bleed is painfull but doable
- No Leech is ok, i bring a mana pot, since i have a watcher with life on hit
- Min/max res is hard, on high tier map with beyond or delirium
"
XenoPOE wrote:

I normally just hard reroll reflect.

For the other mods it's reliant on the awakener bonus and juice you put in.
Bleed can be fine.
I treat Block/Armour like a normal damage mod. Just don't stack them
No leech you can swap in an enduring mana flask

"
CoalBucket wrote:

I still would say that I am at times a bit too squishy, did I perhaps miss something? I stayed rather close to the original guide/PoB.

gz to the 6link. i can check your character this evening :)
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
"
paLe1337 wrote:

I normally just hard reroll reflect.

BuT YoU sAiD AlL CoNTeNt iN ThE GuIDe!!11 /justkidding

"
paLe1337 wrote:

"
CoalBucket wrote:

gz to the 6link. i can check your character this evening :)

I went the hard way: Grinding for currency for Fated Connections and getting an almost 100% roll on the chest. Next should be bothering Hillock to move to fortification for 26% or 28%...

Thanks for checking, highly appreciated. Still having a lot of fun with the build.
Last edited by CoalBucket on Feb 3, 2021, 10:52:18 AM
"
CoalBucket wrote:

Thanks for checking, highly appreciated. Still having a lot of fun with the build.

You're welcome :)

Most of the stuff looks fine.

I think i would try to increase my life pool.

- get vermillions
- add % life on all normal jewels
- add +max life on the abyss jewels
- craft hybrid life where you can

also you can add a flask with "of iron skin" it gives a ton of extra armour and more molten shell scaling. which you can swap in for a big 20/20 cwdt.

Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Realy enjoying the build, smooth leveling and mapping. Could anyone check my character and give some advices where to improve? Even tho I spend lots of hours in PoE I still feel like a noob and most of the time just follow build guides start to finish. Thanks in advance :D
"
paLe1337 wrote:
"
CoalBucket wrote:

You're welcome :)

Most of the stuff looks fine.

I think i would try to increase my life pool.

- get vermillions
- add % life on all normal jewels
- add +max life on the abyss jewels
- craft hybrid life where you can

also you can add a flask with "of iron skin" it gives a ton of extra armour and more molten shell scaling. which you can swap in for a big 20/20 cwdt.

Thank you very much.

Seems right, I think I will focus on pure life and on armour. I just got the shield yesterday (dirt cheap for 2400 armour, 30 Chaos or something) and due to the relative life leech it already got better. Minor upgrades get pretty expensive now, but with horticrafting I might consider coing the crafting route.

I think with send flask suffix I would miss another counter, but I guess I could skip curses which was not in the guide but I genereally like to have on my gear.
"

Not sure about leveling with this character for league start. I will check and add this later.

I'm nothing special at this game but my experience playing this SSF at the start is you can replace using SST with Shattering Steel and get about double the DPS if your shield is crappy. I'll switch to SST once I find a better shield later. Maybe others can chime in with their experience.
"
Skipants wrote:
"

Not sure about leveling with this character for league start. I will check and add this later.

I'm nothing special at this game but my experience playing this SSF at the start is you can replace using SST with Shattering Steel and get about double the DPS if your shield is crappy. I'll switch to SST once I find a better shield later. Maybe others can chime in with their experience.

This build does not have high DPS, nor is it a good SSF build. Because its so reliant on the threshold jewel, it makes it very hard to function in SSF.

Many other skills are going to deal significantly more damage than SST. The big thing SST has going for it is its clear effectiveness with the threshold jewel and bleeddsplosions, and the survivability this build offers, on a very, very, low budget. In fact, a top tier "weapon" for this build, compared to other builds, is significantly cheaper.

Yes you can do more DPS with shattering steel, but that's kind of a moot point - this build is not expected to be the best DPS build out there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info