Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.11] PF Poison Triple Rain of Arrow Kineticism |All bosses|All map mods|3-5M DPS

"
LoTharios wrote:
are the boots really that important?
i assume its only to get another poison stack, right? since the single extra roa dps is only 5k
since i dont plan 3 curses, i dont see the benefit.

i feel better with 20% movement+onslaught and more room for res+life

The boots gives us 100% uptime on curses, also running 2 curse is almost a must for dps, 3 curse is there just for survivability(enfeeble being the 3rd curse)
So the important part isnt the boots, its the fact that we can keep an almost 100% uptime on curses with it

I wouldnt use any other boots in the slot, maybe other than a insanely well rolled tailwind elusive boots with good life and movement speed roll
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Hi @Astarift, do you think that with my current gear I can follow this guide?

Or instead, which part I should change?

My gear
Spoiler

I also Have Malevolence gem, but I don't know what I should remove to add it
"
F4Y3RS1T4 wrote:
Hi @Astarift, do you think that with my current gear I can follow this guide?

Or instead, which part I should change?

My gear
Spoiler

I also Have Malevolence gem, but I don't know what I should remove to add it

There is absolutely no focus in what you are trying to do with this build, why stack dexterity and use garukhan flight when you can simply use boots with high life rolls
Shaper's touch does nothing, we dont need melee physical damage and using dex purely for life is a terrible idea
Both shaper's touch and garukhan flight are used specifically in stat stacking builds, they dont function well until you have 1k+ of the primary stat you are focusing on building

Using 2 le heup is a terrible way to cap resist, theres no life roll and the increased damage rolls are close to nothing, probably giving around 2-3% more dmg at best

Carnage heart does nothing, poison based builds dont hit very hard, having more leech is redundant here(the leech here does not increase the cap of your leech rate)

Maloney's mechanism is used mainly to generate frenzy charge/another side attack that triggers. Putting 3 different attack skill gems in it defeats the purpose because you do not trigger all 3 of the socketed skill gems together

Why would you use life gain on hit on your main dps skill 6 link, you dont gain damage and you lose a support gem link that can possibly give you more damage

Devoto is good, but i never liked it because of the lack of life roll in it. That helm enchant sucks too, 40% increased damage can never outdps a 15% chance to trigger another sequence of rain of arrows

Honestly that build is a huge mess, you also take alot of redundant nodes in that passive skill tree. You need to have a focus on what you want to do. Is it a poison rain of arrow build, a rain of arrow attack build, a pure dot based build(bascially toxic rain or caustic arrow) or a dex stacking build. Trying to put your points/gearing in abit of everything doesnt make you a jack of all trade, it just becomes a jack of nothing
Different kind of build scales off different kind of damage

I cant really suggest what to change but I would suggest going back to the drawing board and think of what kind of build you wanna build towards.
Also, dont use so much uniques in your build, uniques tend to be terrible scaling at end game(yellow/red tier map+) because of the lack of life roll. Most of the time end game build uses 1 or 2 build enabling uniques with special mechanics tied to it(dark scorn, maloney's mechanism)
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:

There is absolutely no focus in what you are trying to do with this build, why stack dexterity and use garukhan flight when you can simply use boots with high life rolls
Shaper's touch does nothing, we dont need melee physical damage and using dex purely for life is a terrible idea
Both shaper's touch and garukhan flight are used specifically in stat stacking builds, they dont function well until you have 1k+ of the primary stat you are focusing on building

Using 2 le heup is a terrible way to cap resist, theres no life roll and the increased damage rolls are close to nothing, probably giving around 2-3% more dmg at best

Carnage heart does nothing, poison based builds dont hit very hard, having more leech is redundant here(the leech here does not increase the cap of your leech rate)

Maloney's mechanism is used mainly to generate frenzy charge/another side attack that triggers. Putting 3 different attack skill gems in it defeats the purpose because you do not trigger all 3 of the socketed skill gems together

Why would you use life gain on hit on your main dps skill 6 link, you dont gain damage and you lose a support gem link that can possibly give you more damage

Devoto is good, but i never liked it because of the lack of life roll in it. That helm enchant sucks too, 40% increased damage can never outdps a 15% chance to trigger another sequence of rain of arrows

Honestly that build is a huge mess, you also take alot of redundant nodes in that passive skill tree. You need to have a focus on what you want to do. Is it a poison rain of arrow build, a rain of arrow attack build, a pure dot based build(bascially toxic rain or caustic arrow) or a dex stacking build. Trying to put your points/gearing in abit of everything doesnt make you a jack of all trade, it just becomes a jack of nothing
Different kind of build scales off different kind of damage

I cant really suggest what to change but I would suggest going back to the drawing board and think of what kind of build you wanna build towards.
Also, dont use so much uniques in your build, uniques tend to be terrible scaling at end game(yellow/red tier map+) because of the lack of life roll. Most of the time end game build uses 1 or 2 build enabling uniques with special mechanics tied to it(dark scorn, maloney's mechanism)

Hi @Astarift, Thanks for your advice,
I'm trying now to find similar gear as yours, but I have an idea, would you be able to sell PART of your current gear ones the league is finished? Probably gloves, helmet and boots?
Thanks again
"
F4Y3RS1T4 wrote:

Hi @Astarift, Thanks for your advice,
I'm trying now to find similar gear as yours, but I have an idea, would you be able to sell PART of your current gear ones the league is finished? Probably gloves, helmet and boots?
Thanks again

The reason why i dont really like playing standard is that the trade in standard isnt very lively. I would suggest trying out the league coming in about 1 week time and then try to build up from there. Part of the game is gearing and sourcing for gear while trying to cap resist and get life rolls.

I deleted my character i made in delirium due to lack of character slots, so i wont be able to help you there considering i have probably moved the gear to places i wont be able to find properly, especially when the league to standard migration happens.

I can see you are pretty new to this game, i would suggest following a guide then slowly learn how stuff works from there, optimizing a passive skill tree can be extremely daunting for a new player
My Builds/Stream

Hi,

Looking to do this build (maybe tweaked a little) as my Harvest league start. Looks really fluid and enjoyable play-style wise.

Guide at this point is a tiny bit messy with the multiple iterations and edits and broken links (I think?), but it is still understandable.

I did have a couple of questions if you are still around.

Firstly: Is there a mechanical reason why you don't opt for using awakened curse, as it provides double curse at gem level 5? You can drop one curse on gear (preferably anoint in my case), or potentially have 4 curses I suppose if you were game enough.

Secondly: Why not use a fossil-crafted helmet that carries the -9% chaos resist aura mod? It seems like a no-brainer if you can get decent mods with it, although I have a small feeling it might function weirdly with despair in the first place...

Personally I will be building this with max chaos resist in mind, which will impact the overall DPS noticeably, but not unbearably, and also change the tree, but I'm a sucker for survival. I know it's workable, but what are your thoughts on a chaos resist take on this build?

Thanks for the guide, and good luck in Harvest, exile.
"
Nehpetsah wrote:
Hi,

Looking to do this build (maybe tweaked a little) as my Harvest league start. Looks really fluid and enjoyable play-style wise.

Guide at this point is a tiny bit messy with the multiple iterations and edits and broken links (I think?), but it is still understandable.

I did have a couple of questions if you are still around.

Firstly: Is there a mechanical reason why you don't opt for using awakened curse, as it provides double curse at gem level 5? You can drop one curse on gear (preferably anoint in my case), or potentially have 4 curses I suppose if you were game enough.

Secondly: Why not use a fossil-crafted helmet that carries the -9% chaos resist aura mod? It seems like a no-brainer if you can get decent mods with it, although I have a small feeling it might function weirdly with despair in the first place...

Personally I will be building this with max chaos resist in mind, which will impact the overall DPS noticeably, but not unbearably, and also change the tree, but I'm a sucker for survival. I know it's workable, but what are your thoughts on a chaos resist take on this build?

Thanks for the guide, and good luck in Harvest, exile.

Ill relook on the broken links later when i replan this for 3.11

Awakened curse on hit is expensive and not easy to achieve, but we do can actually get it as 1 of the ways for +1 curse

Its hard to get 4 curses in, also redundant, enfeeble, chains and despair is more than enough

Likewise, a fossil crafted -9% chaos resist helm is decently hard to achieve, especially after GGG moved the mod into an elder influenced helm with high ilvl, but its still a great upgrade assuming the other stats are good

Building it around divine flesh is strong for sure, but i would suggest a weapon swap in this case for a barrage single target if you want to bring it to the maximum level
My Builds/Stream

Some good thoughts. I hadn't even considered Divine Flesh. Definitely will think about converting to it as a possibility at the least and how well the build can survive by supporting the jewel.

As far as I am aware, the -#% chaos resistance mod is still a Delve fossil mod (abberrant I think), with no limitations, whilst now also being a Hunter suffix limited to ilvl 85+, so I feel like if you have a little bit of investment, you could grab a half-decent fossil-spammed saucepan for your head, but later on you can burn a few exalts worth into a shiny hunter crown, especially in the new Crafts'R'Us league.

Luckily for this league, too, is that there is a craft option to upgrade a max level curse on hit into an awakened curse on hit (1 in 10 chance), so you basically just carry around a weapon swap full of curse on hit until you woke for almost no cost, apart from the opportunity cost of the rare seed itself.

I really like what you're doing with this, so thanks for the input.
"
Nehpetsah wrote:
As far as I am aware, the -#% chaos resistance mod is still a Delve fossil mod (abberrant I think), with no limitations, whilst now also being a Hunter suffix limited to ilvl 85+, so I feel like if you have a little bit of investment, you could grab a half-decent fossil-spammed saucepan for your head,
No, sorry, the "fossil" mods can be rolled with either fossil or alt-spam ONLY on the viable bases which is lvl 85+ correct conqueror (Hunter for chaos).

Since the nerf you cannot roll these mods on lower lvl helmets. Believe me, there was a decent amount of people who lost exalts in fossil spamming on lvl 82-84 bases only to find out it never rolled.
are you going to update the build guide? :DD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info