[3.9] Rain of Steel (Impale Rain of Arrows) Slayer | Endgame | All-Content | Who needs tower?

"
Laysher wrote:
sucks to hear that it got hit hard, was my league starter, i probably still go for it, is the pob updated with champion etc?

"
Miazga wrote:
damn i really like the idea behind the build but...

GOD DAMN, thats a lot of mandatory VERY expensive uniques. What a shame, what a shame.

If only this build could work with only 1 or 2 uniques would make it really awesome

As i said in a previous post over there, i did start the league with a RoA Champ and it'll be my main (probably only?) char for the league as i always do.
I went Impale & Crit for mine. And you can see a general overview of the tree here (don't mind the fact it's a lvl 100 tree, that's to show the nodes you'd like to take, and from there you remove what you want the least), and here's the PoB link for the main gem setup etc.
Note: You probably want to remove Mirage Archer for Inc. Crit Dmg, and switch with Conc Effect on bosses. Or don't care and keep Mirage Archer for the QoL over damages. Fair choice too imo.

So far, it worked very nicely to me. But i'll need to see how it goes in high tier maps for sure (only lvl 84 atm, still on a 4l lulz (ssf though)). I also noticed the tooltip of RoA is false and not half of the arrows go on a target if it's the only one apparently. Not sure if it's a bug or intended, in case of a bug i reported it.

(Sorry for the little hijack there, i wanted to eventually help ; i may do a thread for the build at some point, not sure though ; i didn't want to do a thread with only theorycrafted build this time around and wanted to see how it performs in t16+ maps)
Last edited by Harest on Dec 16, 2019, 8:15:20 AM
i saw that this build was cheap in a video. When i saw your link from this build it says that its not cheap. Why? (Nice build dude)
im lovin' it so far, great guide thanks.
"
stroling wrote:
i saw that this build was cheap in a video. When i saw your link from this build it says that its not cheap. Why? (Nice build dude)

I guess you saw it wrong maybe? I stated same thing in video and forum guide. It is not a cheap build.

"
RebelEagle wrote:
im lovin' it so far, great guide thanks.

Yo thanks. Have a nice day.
Got lucky finding an exalt to buy my first big item of the build - Arborix! boosts my dps greatly!

Now I'm wondering which item from this build provides the next best DPS boost?
Last edited by eggzvan on Dec 19, 2019, 8:40:30 AM
"
eggzvan wrote:
Got lucky finding an exalt to buy my first big item of the build - Arborix! boosts my dps greatly!

6L gem setup. Your next goal is to 6L your bow, then beastcraft or Hillock craft to 28%. Good luck.
I'm getting oneshoted every 2 T12-T14 maps. Feels like most paper build I played. Any tips?

5100 hp, capped res ~90-100%, -16% chaos

Gear:

Last edited by Bromeek on Dec 19, 2019, 8:08:26 PM
@Bromeek
"
Bromeek wrote:
I'm getting oneshoted every 2 T12-T14 maps. Feels like most paper build I played. Any tips?

5100 hp, capped res ~90-100%, -16% chaos

Gear:

To be honest it's hard to tell because of the recent changes to bosses and new league mechanic. Can you elaborate more on the oneshot? Was it by bosses or mob packs? If I am to guess- probably Chaos damage or physical damage that deals most damage to you. Check the mobs that kill you next time if you get one shot -what mods they have and type of damage they deal.
"
Asramero wrote:
"
eggzvan wrote:

6L gem setup. Your next goal is to 6L your bow, then beastcraft or Hillock craft to 28%. Good luck.

ive tried 6linking my chest haha, spent too much for what i have. only got it 5linked

what do you think boosts dps best from either watcher's eye or dying sun?
My build only has 3500 hp. I realized that even with higher hp and armour, so that I would have 6k hp and 80% phys reduction, I will still get 1 shotted by difficult metamorphs/rares. A lot of this also depends on the moda of the map. But you can imagine that corrupted t16 maps with 8-10 mods + awakened lvl 4 = very painful. I cleared all content except Sirus with my build and got to lvl 93. Nevertheless, I must now forsake what was a very viable build in pre 3.9 so that I can actually have a hope to defeat Sirus myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info