[3.9] Rain of Steel (Impale Rain of Arrows) Slayer | Endgame | All-Content | Who needs tower?

"
shimmishim wrote:
I played a TS Champion Impale last league and it was my first build to take down Uber Elder.

I'm such a huge fan of impale so your build here checks a lot of boxes for me.

I watched your video guide and it says the champion version is better for offense while the slayer version is better for defense.

Do you have a POB by chance to show the changes between these two ascendancies?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have the POB and the numbers to show the comparison between the two but as you had played bow Champion in previous league, it is best to build it around critical.

With this build I skip critical because I want the leech modifiers from Martial Experience and Gladiator Perseverance, and bleed modifiers from Razor's Edge and Cleaving to get consistent blood explosion.

Skipping the points spent above lets you take King of the Hill (bow crit), Blade of Cunning cluster (sword to bow modifier), Bludgeon Blitz (mace cluster) and Feller or Foes (sword cluster); all of which can be turn to bow modifier. Also, claw cluster is also viable option if you want to path to Shadow area for additional critical.

While taking all of these gives the character massive increase on damage, it also makes you have less point to spend on other passives, namely defense.

Since you already played Champion version, you can use it as base - just change the skill gem and some gear from your POB- it should work similarly.
Hello :) currently i plaing this build . Build is fine but i have question :

1.) Why my dps with ROA is low to boss fight ? I have 6l bow , watcher's eye and 21/20 gem . You killing guardian , uber elder with roa very fast .. I must use barrage becouse my dps with roa is low .

My items : Please check my character " Kaper_Rhoa_test_bow "

"
kaperekk wrote:
Hello :) currently i plaing this build . Build is fine but i have question :

1.) Why my dps with ROA is low to boss fight ? I have 6l bow , watcher's eye and 21/20 gem . You killing guardian , uber elder with roa very fast .. I must use barrage becouse my dps with roa is low .

Hello there. For most monster encounter Rain of Arrows is more than enough, but on tougher endgame bosses especially t16 and above, Barrage is the go to skill, which is why the build have two skills setup in the first place.

Also, positioning matters so keep that in mind. You won't deal much damage if you try to off-screen mob with Barrage, ideally between 10 radius for maximum damage, and no further than 35 radius. Example of range visualized.

Last thing to add is if you prefer Hyrri's Bite quiver, get Point Blank corruption (5-15c at the time of this writing) if you can't afford additional arrow corruption, saves you one point from passive tree. Good luck.
Thanks heaps for the thorough build guide. Looking forward to trying this in 3.9. I was wondering if you have a guide / suggestions on what items to build progressing to end game as starting a new league it will take a while to build the currency for the end game gear in your build. What are some solid cheap alternatives for end game in other words.

edit: clarifying my question, do you have suggestions as to what items to buy first and second, and so on, starting a new league (in reference to your build)?
Last edited by eggzvan on Nov 27, 2019, 3:05:47 AM
"
eggzvan wrote:
Thanks heaps for the thorough build guide. Looking forward to trying this in 3.9. I was wondering if you have a guide / suggestions on what items to build progressing to end game as starting a new league it will take a while to build the currency for the end game gear in your build. What are some solid cheap alternatives for end game in other words.

edit: clarifying my question, do you have suggestions as to what items to buy first and second, and so on, starting a new league (in reference to your build)?

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. Bow build most likely will be expensive to build around next league, especially for starter character. And since patch note is not out yet, I can't recommend items to get because they probably got buff or some rework - and this will definitely effect market.

I'll try my best to update the build guide when patch note announced and when the league is live. Till then, good luck to you in 3.9.
Thanks for the response.

Also was wondering, what order of acendancy points would you allocate if you were to go champion? And is ranger's acendancies viable at all in your opinion?
"
eggzvan wrote:
Thanks for the response.

Also was wondering, what order of acendancy points would you allocate if you were to go champion? And is ranger's acendancies viable at all in your opinion?

In order of Labyrinth difficulty for Champion;
Unstoppable Hero > Fortitude > Master of Metal > Inspirational

As for Ranger ascendancies, I don't think any of the three is suited for this type of build.
awesome!

would you have any idea of life gain options for a champion build?
seems like this build got a few nerfs looking at the 3.9 Development Manifesto. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2686983/page/1

To summarise

- Buffs to Monster defences (armour especially) affects the effectiveness of the physical damage and especially impale

- Changes to how fortify works (less damage changed from reduced damage)

dang, i think ill still try this in 3.9 though

What are other peoples thoughts?
"
eggzvan wrote:
dang, i think ill still try this in 3.9 though

What are other peoples thoughts?
I also wanted to do a RoA build in 3.9. I never played this skill and i wanted to for a while. Not sure it's the best opportunity though :/.

For anyone interested, i'm also taking feedback, here's the PoB link of what i did. Note that it's for SSF, also rip the bow i put in here with multimodding that won't exist as it is anymore.
I went with the Champion instead of Slayer. Also no Vaal Pact, i prefered keeping regen. And i went crit.

Comparing to your PoB this one isn't too low under, which surprises me a bit. Tbh when i saw the numbers in PoB for what i planned, i was like "NOPE". But in your video it seemed fine for clearing and single target also.

Edit: I feel like the armour on mobs will fuck RoA too much overall and it's not worth spending time on. With Farsight and Master of Force we get -15%, seems way too low and in my PoB link if we don't crit, rip. I didn't think about it enough for the crit but yh i guess the whole RoA cast is a crit or isn't like it's always the case for most/all skills.
Edit²: Updated my link to put the 4 planned trees. Default, and then Farsight if more -x% total phys reduction is needed, and more bleed if i find Haemophilia gloves.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 11, 2019, 6:43:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info