[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

I am loving this build so far and i found an interesting interaction infernal legion + herald of purity, gives you essentially a second group of detonating minions. They burn in an aoe and mi procs off them ( and they resummon basically instantly ) i am using this and its working well as an added layer of detonations. Also siegebreaker is absolutely amazing for this build, huge chaos aoes from any minion that dies ( or is desummoned this n the case of phantasms )
"
roachmanley wrote:
I am loving this build so far and i found an interesting interaction infernal legion + herald of purity, gives you essentially a second group of detonating minions. They burn in an aoe and mi procs off them ( and they resummon basically instantly ) i am using this and its working well as an added layer of detonations. Also siegebreaker is absolutely amazing for this build, huge chaos aoes from any minion that dies ( or is desummoned this n the case of phantasms )

Thanks for the feedback; glad you are liking it! You have 2 interesting ideas here so I'll handle them one at a time, starting with the easier one.

1. Siegebreaker is indeed quite nice; it procs off anything that dies, including MI-triggers. I still think the extra mobility from Perseverance is ridiculously nice, but Siegebreaker is totally a viable extra-damage alternative.

2. HoP+Infernal Legion: Yeah this is an interesting one! I've been testing it tonight and I have a couple thoughts:

a) the proc rate vs rare/uniques results in good uptime in general; I am usually capped out at the 4 max for boss encounters.

b) the HoP tooltip states that if we are already at max sentinels and we trigger another summon, we will instead refresh the duration (good), and the life (not so good) of an existing sentinel. Basically, if you just stand on top of a boss the whole time, you will likely never get their health low enough to trigger MI, as you are constantly refreshing them with your hits. I saw this during boss fights, where I would stick at a constant 4 sentinels for a significant time. In summary, getting full benefit of HoP+MI is difficult.
Dang i was hoping that it did not heal them too. Infernal legion itself has a pretty significant aoe dot so if they are not dying and in melee range its still a dps boost.
Since I'm a coward for now, I don't think I'll go the claw path but more like the very courageous champion path rotating hidden behind a rock.

I'm thinking about any staff giving +x to fire spells. Since the life of the skulls benefits nicely from the levels, I was wondering how much it would increase my damage.

If someone already tried, feedback welcomed.

PS : I have a lot of fun and really for your build, thanks for sharing.
Last edited by Sybiil on Dec 19, 2019, 9:40:46 PM
"
Sybiil wrote:
Since I'm a coward for now, I don't think I'll go the claw path but more like the very courageous champion path rotating hidden behind a rock.

I'm thinking about any staff giving +x to fire spells. Since the life of the skulls benefits nicely from the levels, I was wondering how much it would increase my damage.

If someone already tried, feedback welcomed.

PS : I have a lot of fun and really for your build, thanks for sharing.

Idk i think claws are the safest method; the whole reason we use them is for the life gain on hit! As to the +fire level skills yes that will definitely help if you socket it into a 2hander, but the minion life and damage helms are still better; plus you can go for life/damage/+level to minion gems, which is a pseudo 7 link if you are willing to forgo life prefix.

Glad you are liking the build, let me know where you go with it :)
"
roachmanley wrote:

Brilliant, I totally forgot about Siegebreaker. The same amount of life, more damage, less defense, and we lose onslaught. That also means less hits per second, meaning less life gain per second.

Infernal Legion increases damage output as well, but instead of using HoP, I put it in the SRS setup. They die anyway, but at least they're dealing damage while losing health (I didn't do the math, but I have the feeling that the're doing more damage by dying than by attaacking). A Tavukai with positive chaos resistance for SRS doesn't prolong the fuse time any more. A helmet with socketed gems are supported by Burning Damage is now a good option.

Infernal Legion and Caustic Cloud by Siegebreaker are both DoT, so I swapped Blood and Sand and Flesh and Stone for Malevolence.

With this setup I'm totally ploughing through Tier 10 maps. But I have the feeling that at higher tier maps I need to go back to more defense for survivability. This build has so much room for experimentation. Just wanted to share this.
Last edited by willi_wuterich on Dec 20, 2019, 5:29:12 PM
What Pantheon would you recommend for this? Could not find any info about that.

Edit: Also new to summon spectres, should I always go for those ranged guys? Easiest way?
Last edited by lemerok on Dec 21, 2019, 9:45:29 AM
"
lemerok wrote:
What Pantheon would you recommend for this? Could not find any info about that.

Edit: Also new to summon spectres, should I always go for those ranged guys? Easiest way?

Good thought about the pantheon; I'll add that section next update. Not at my computer atm so don't know the name; I recommend the major that gives movespeed when other enemies are around, and there's a minor that when upgraded gives you poison immunity.

As for the spectres, flame sentinels are a good well rounded choice, giving good aoe for mapping, good survivability with their energy shields, and since we use them for the ea debuff, pretty much guaranteed uptime on everything. That being said fell free to experiment! There's a fair amount of ranged fire attack spectre options out there; let me know of you find other good options!

I should note that there's an alternate version of this build that uses hop+infernal legion to apply ea. In this case I drop spectres all together and socket zombies in the chest. Still theory crafting it out but it looks to have somewhat higher peak dps but a bit more ramp. I'll link a pob to it after im happy with it. As always thanks for the interest!
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Dec 21, 2019, 6:52:27 PM
hi there

ive been thinking of building someting like this and came across your guide
howver i couldnt help but noticing a wasted point
your ascendancy makes you taunt on hit wich is great now on uber you get enemys taunted by you CANNOT evade attacks wich is even greater
However you pick up resolute technique wich provides your hits cant be evaded and you cannot deal crits anymore wich seems ok during lvling but i think at the final tree this should be left out maybe even get a 5 or 6% health node somewhere
"
sagittera wrote:
hi there

ive been thinking of building someting like this and came across your guide
howver i couldnt help but noticing a wasted point
your ascendancy makes you taunt on hit wich is great now on uber you get enemys taunted by you CANNOT evade attacks wich is even greater
However you pick up resolute technique wich provides your hits cant be evaded and you cannot deal crits anymore wich seems ok during lvling but i think at the final tree this should be left out maybe even get a 5 or 6% health node somewhere

This has been asked before; read back if you want the details but basically it's insurance against an unlucky miss streak for tagging mobs. Up to you to take or invest elsewhere. Maybe I should put together a FAQ section....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info