[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Roselan wrote:
"
larsahh_ wrote:
About the new Cluster Jewels. Cold Conduction is too valuable to not take, it gives you a reliable way to shock bosses with cold snap initial hit at least. Deep chill is just another dps passive and Energy From Naught is a nice bonus flat es of 100. Scales better than the 5% max mana into ES.

Note that cold snap doesn't chill, it leaves a chilled ground that doesn't hit.

To what I understand (which is very little) you will need to crit with the hit. This applies the default shock (like skitter bots)and bring us 15% increased damage taken. As damage taken is sparse, this is very good.

Yet I'm reluctant to take it as I'm not confident I can chill on hit reliably.

Personally, I did skip the large cluster, and went with 4 skills medium cluster with "Vile Reinvigoration" and "Brush with Death" (any source of ES on kill is a godsend). "Energy From Naught" for it's small jewel, but "Spring Back" looks interesting as I rely heavily on shield recharge and wicked ward.

What I understand the initial hit on Cold Snap causes cold damage to chill the target and that is enough to make the chill into shock. I dont think the initial hit on vortex will chill the target since we run Elemental Focus in the 6l.
I am almost 100% sure I am applying the shock debuff on bosses now with Cold Snap, sinve last set of elderslayers went down so quickly compared to last time!

If there are any other experienced people out there, please let me know the exact mechanic behind it!
Last edited by larsahh_ on Mar 21, 2020, 10:53:42 PM
"
Roselan wrote:

To what I understand (which is very little) you will need to crit with the hit.

To apply chill normal hit is enough I think. Crit applies to freeze but somebody can correct me if I'm wrong!
As for cluster i think you want a large one with 8 clusters as following:

Deep chill, Widespread, Prismatic heart, 2 jewel socket ( 1ex atm, with no passives bonus)

then split to 2 medium (4 cluster)with Vile of reinvogation/brush with death. Not sure how good exposure therapy is ( how handy the chaos res. is).

then 1-2 small with energy from naught . If u get 2 then a second energy from naught or spring back.

I did a first one with so many +attributes on passives thats its kinda hard to transitions to the one i suggested lol. But this is the one i will be aiming as soon i sort out my stats issue.
Vortex seems excellent in Simualircum. Had my first blind run with 1 death. Nothing which can kill you there actually.
The loot is kinda overtuned in terms of quantity (2 full tabs), so meh kinda not motivated to sort that out (prob around 50c in small stuff)..Probably done with char and league , since tomorrow ends my holiday anyway;:(

Gonna stay in thread, since i got lot of offtime in my work

Edit: loot overtuned in quantity not quality ;(
Last edited by moorli on Mar 22, 2020, 2:45:19 PM
Just got 1 shotted by Sirus from 10K to 0 ES in 1 hit, How much ES should I have with low life??
Morning everyone. I feel like I've been promising this for weeks, but I promise I'm trying to work on guide updates. My business is labeled as an "essential" business that is remaining open during the COVID19 crisis, and as a network admin I'm working dozens of extra hours each week to get our entire 200+ person operation to be work-from-home. I have no ability to estimate some delivery time on updates as of right now, but they're in the works. Updated notes and skill trees are first priority.

Thank you all for your patience.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Mar 23, 2020, 11:05:04 AM
"
Just got 1 shotted by Sirus from 10K to 0 ES in 1 hit, How much ES should I have with low life??

10k is more done enough , there is no way around dodging onehsots ( which is not always possible vs sirus).
Last edited by moorli on Mar 23, 2020, 11:47:06 AM
I die to burn damage like a bitch, does anyone have a way to get this build a bit more tanky. I mean in the elder guardian fight
"
I die to burn damage like a bitch, does anyone have a way to get this build a bit more tanky. I mean in the elder guardian fight

If I don't need to go fast I replace my quicksilver 'of adrenaline' to 'of dousing'

Let me reiterate that I don't reroll my adrenaline quicksilver but have a second one instead since adrenaline is essential for mapping. But for boss maps and simulacrum, I just use that instead.

These are my flask setup atm

Hope this helps
Very nice guide!

I played this as my leaguestarter and could absolutely recommend this build.

I am very far from min-maxing, but:
Awakening Level 8:
Atziri - done
Guardians - done

Shaper - done
Elder - done

Sirus - done
Uber Atziri - done
Uber Elder - done

I still have a lot that needs upgrading, but thanks a lot for the guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account: