[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
DeadBabyDave wrote:
"
That trigger 8s also seems to me like big nerf for us, or maybe I don't know something?

Its probably more of an annoyance then a nerf, there's probably other reasonable ways to proc EE. Anyways, I came here to ask about handling this too. Someone mentioned using brand recall on left click, which is an interesting idea if it works. Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this in a way that doesn't require a whole bunch of extra clicks? I like playing this build because I can watch tv well farming most of the time, this is a nerf to my tv consumption damn it.

Well yea, in terms of nerf I was thinking about clicking additional buttons (maybe I'm too comfortable). Hmm wouldn't simple "adds # to # Lightning Damage to Spells" trigger EE? Or this don't work that way? I'm bad at theroycrafting lol.
Last edited by Moted1 on Apr 14, 2021, 9:27:33 AM
I'm by no means an expert but looking at the updated POB the trigger wand setup now sockets Orb of Storms, Tempest Shield and Frost Bomb which all have decently long durations and selfcasts Storm Brand in the curse setup for better EE uptime on bosses. So the longer trigger cooldown becomes rather a quality of life nerf than a big loss of damage.
I'm expecting a lot of questions about the trigger change, so to clarify:

We only ever need EE and hexes for bosses. We almost instantly kill all white/blue/yellow monsters. To ensure we have EE and hexes up 100% on bosses, we are now handcasting Storm Brand linked to Hextouch and your 2 favorite hexes. This alone will provide 100% EE uptime, but we'll also be using the trigger for helpful spells, like OoS to proc Elemental Overload, Frost Bomb for exposure, and Tempest Shield for a long duration block buff that also deals lightning damage for EE.

In short, we're totally fine and stronger than ever.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Apr 14, 2021, 10:09:11 AM
Anyway to post loot filters in a way Xbox users can also use?
"
ArcadeCanuck wrote:
Hello folks

First time playing Shaks Vortex, first time posting in here.

I seem to have all the gear for level 60 and up ready to go
Shav's (I need to 5 link or 6 link)
Prism Guard
Sin Trek
Presence of Chayula
Rime Gaze

Intuitive Leap and Energy from Within

My question is do I equip these items when I can or wait till the passive tree is more filled out from better use out of these items.

Read the section "When to go low life"
I swapped to LL at 68. As soon as i could equip prism guardian. It all depends on your abilities to dodge. i was running t9's at 68.

68 LL is gonna have you sat at like 4-5k ES, Skip the jewel slots and focus on the mana reservation next to sovereignty till you get all auras active.

Once auras are done pickup the 6% ES nodes by Ele Equilibrium.

Having no issues personally. Ignore my belt & EoC it's just until i can use my Triple Res/ES Crystal belt at 79 & can get a Chayula blessing (SSF Issues)

Worth noting i also don't have energy from within yet, so that's a decent ES loss on my behalf

Last edited by acidytrips on Apr 14, 2021, 11:00:42 AM
Thanks for the fast update.

I used this last league as a starter and loved it. It made gaining currency for my main build very easy since it was so cheap and powerful to play.

I've been playing since breach and if we take twink gear out of the equation, this is the smoothest leveling build I've ever played.

Good luck to you and everyone else on league start!
For non LL (SSF) wouldn't hextouch OoS be better than Brand since we might not 1 shot every packs while mapping?
"
ShakCentral wrote:
I'm expecting a lot of questions about the trigger change, so to clarify:

We only ever need EE and hexes for bosses. We almost instantly kill all white/blue/yellow monsters. To ensure we have EE and hexes up 100% on bosses, we are now handcasting Storm Brand linked to Hextouch and your 2 favorite hexes. This alone will provide 100% EE uptime, but we'll also be using the trigger for helpful spells, like OoS to proc Elemental Overload, Frost Bomb for exposure, and Tempest Shield for a long duration block buff that also deals lightning damage for EE.

In short, we're totally fine and stronger than ever.

thanks for the explanation!! That is very clear.
I have a couple of questions on the latest POB that I am hoping some of you experienced players can help with.

1) I noticed that the self cast of Storm Brand was only listed under the LL build. What is the reason we can not self cast Storm Brand when using the CI version?

2) In the LL version, 2 curses are linked to regular Hextouch. Where in the build do we get the ability to use a second curse? I know Awakened Hextouch 5 gives that ability but it was not listed.
"
2) In the LL version, 2 curses are linked to regular Hextouch. Where in the build do we get the ability to use a second curse? I know Awakened Hextouch 5 gives that ability but it was not listed.

It says in the guide that u switch ascendancy to +1 curse from explosions
Last edited by hohaa on Apr 14, 2021, 1:50:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info