[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hey guys,
Is it ok to run flesh and stone in sand stance instead of a second curse? It is less mana reserved and blinds enemies which is good since you run into packs
"
Elch1po wrote:
Hey all,

I'm sure this has been answered before, so pardon me for being lazy and searching for the answer.

BUT, what is the way to go when going for the endgame wand, +1 spells, +1 cold spells, +x dot multiplier?

cheers.

Buy +2 wand, multimod cold dot multi and trigger.
"
Laurel wrote:
Hey guys,
Is it ok to run flesh and stone in sand stance instead of a second curse? It is less mana reserved and blinds enemies which is good since you run into packs

I ran that setup for a whole while (between 90 and 96 IIRC), I liked it a lot, only swapped away from it because its a bit subpar against bosses but especially if you are still filling out the atlas its worth its weight in gold.
So all the gems supporting vortex give roughly 44% more spell damage over time to it. Which is great. However I wonder, why not use empower? Doesn't empower multiply with other supports better?

Like if you have +400% increased damage and +200% more damage or some such the +400% and +200% are multiplicative with each other right? but empower would be multiplicative with everything?

Yet when I swap any one of the support gems out for empower level 4 on path of building my dps goes down slightly. What detail of path of exile math is going over my head here? Anyone able to explain this to me?
"
namad wrote:
So all the gems supporting vortex give roughly 44% more spell damage over time to it. Which is great. However I wonder, why not use empower? Doesn't empower multiply with other supports better?

Like if you have +400% increased damage and +200% more damage or some such the +400% and +200% are multiplicative with each other right? but empower would be multiplicative with everything?

Yet when I swap any one of the support gems out for empower level 4 on path of building my dps goes down slightly. What detail of path of exile math is going over my head here? Anyone able to explain this to me?

Empower only gives gem levels to the main skill, which is Vortex. None of the gems supporting it get an increase.
need help... I feel like i'm dying a lot and get one shots out of nowhere. Really infuriating. Been stuck at level 92 for a few days.

CI version of course

What can i improve??

Thanks

For path of building;

https://pastebin.com/UL0n6KHH
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
SirCalmness wrote:
Hey guys,

Really enjoying the build so far, thanks!

Just a small question since I'm close to using the clusters, is the Conservation of Energy notable a good pick? I had it drop on the small ES cluster and don't want to reroll since it looks great for survivability.

Let me know, cheers.

ES leech doesn't work on with Cold Dot and is completely useless for this build. Use the Passive "Energy From Naught" instead.

Understood, thanks chief ;)
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
namad wrote:

Empower only gives gem levels to the main skill, which is Vortex. None of the gems supporting it get an increase.

That doesn't really address the question, I was comparing vortex raw base damage over time and empower level 4 raises it by 40% without effecting the other gems.

edit: oh also, how does hypothermia work if you have elemental focus also on the vortex and you swap out your skitterbugs? Does hypothermia only trigger then when you also cold snap on top of it?
Last edited by namad on Jan 29, 2021, 12:05:44 PM
"
namad wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
namad wrote:

That doesn't really address the question, I was comparing vortex raw base damage over time and empower level 4 raises it by 40% without effecting the other gems.

edit: oh also, how does hypothermia work if you have elemental focus also on the vortex and you swap out your skitterbugs? Does hypothermia only trigger then when you also cold snap on top of it?

Re: Empower: When I ran it through PoB Empower 4 lost against all my links (admittedly awakened gems) by 5-10%, might depend on your setup whether or not Empower wins out.

Re: Hypothermia: Its super unintuitive but the vortex dot always chills, ele focus only takes away ailments from the hit portion of vortex.
"
namad wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
namad wrote:

It depends on the gem level. When you have a lv 21 vortex with 6 additional levels from your gear, raw level on vortex start to flatten out seriously. Not only the incremental damage is degressive with each level, but it's literally halved from lv 31 and onward...

So with few sources of added levels yes empower 4 is decent, but not with high end gear.
Last edited by roselan on Jan 29, 2021, 3:09:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info