[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
deviants0ul wrote:
Shak gutted his character on his profile... Wonder what that means.

I forgot that people check it from time to time lol. It doesn't mean anything for Vortex - I vastly prefer HCSSF to softcore, but my duo partner is softcore, so I converted to an aurabot so I can run stuff with him while he's online and then start back up again as HCSSF.

The build was crushing up to T16s and felt great :)
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Sep 25, 2020, 8:48:43 AM
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I'm just getting into red maps and I'm finally starting to fear a bit for dying and not killing bosses that quick.

I know I should get a 6l, but I don't feel that will really push my damage up a bit. Besides, good 6l chests with high ES are costing quite a bit right now. What could I upgrade to make my mapping a bit easier, less fearful of deaths at this point? Should I just break down and get a 6l, only have 3 exalts right now.

Also, I have no cold damage to spells on my gear, but orb of storms is saying in the tooltip it does cold damage and lightning damage. What's up with that?

"
lcm7malaga wrote:
In the CI gearing section you show recommended items but almost none of them have dex or strength, the items in POB also dont cover the required streght and dexterity. Should I leave dex and st gems at lower levels or finding actual gear for it? 111 st just for increased duration lv 20?

Personally I'd just get your STR to 90's or so, but you'll definitely want DEX at 111

He didn't add stats to gear in his PoB because it's an unsaid thing; get stats on your gear wherever you can (rings, gloves, ammy) to get to the stat requirements.
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I'm just getting into red maps and I'm finally starting to fear a bit for dying and not killing bosses that quick.

I know I should get a 6l, but I don't feel that will really push my damage up a bit. Besides, good 6l chests with high ES are costing quite a bit right now. What could I upgrade to make my mapping a bit easier, less fearful of deaths at this point? Should I just break down and get a 6l, only have 3 exalts right now.

Also, I have no cold damage to spells on my gear, but orb of storms is saying in the tooltip it does cold damage and lightning damage. What's up with that?

Idk where you're getting any cold damage from. I also cannot see any cold damage to spells

But as for damage increases, your next upgrades are 6L and Mark of Shaper/Elder ring. Beyond that, go LL. If a 6L with comparable ES to yours is in the ballpark of 5-6ex, I'd just buy a 6L Shavs and assemble the pieces for LL, it boosts your damage by a huge amount.
"
Are you using the PoB Community Fork?

Thanks for telling me about the PoB Community Fork, didn't know how different it would be from the standard. Shak's build works perfectly on the Community Fork. :)
"
fallensinner wrote:
How's the physical damage mitigation? I've been working through leveling and getting hit by normal enemies nearly ends me.

Any information or tips?
edit : w/e im stupid i saw the first post
Last edited by Plus1 on Sep 25, 2020, 6:29:56 PM
"
fallensinner wrote:
"
fallensinner wrote:
How's the physical damage mitigation? I've been working through leveling and getting hit by normal enemies nearly ends me.

Any information or tips?

We get as much block as we can on the tree to mitigate this. But as you get into higher and higher maps, a 1 shot from a Big Boy Phys attack is pretty much always a possibility.

That's where player skill comes in. If you're running into a group of mobs all firing projectiles and you don't move to the sides at all, you'll die. Thankfully this build basically has no down time from movement, as long as you are moving you are relatively safe.
The LL build runs two curses right? Temp chains and frostbite.

So once you have malediction you can take out points from whispers of doom and put them towards the cluster jewel points?
"
Shaddolf wrote:
The LL build runs two curses right? Temp chains and frostbite.

So once you have malediction you can take out points from whispers of doom and put them towards the cluster jewel points?

Also wondering this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info