[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Everyone, a second updated PoB is available here: https://pastebin.com/9CRnhMyX and in the guide.

Updates from yesterdays PoB:

- CI tree accidentally had Whispers of Doom
- Frostbite should be the Blasphemy curse now, not Ele Weakness.
- Arcane Will is taken in Part 2 of the levelign tree for the mana regen once we have Skitterbots+ Malevolence
- Item sets are hopefully finally fixed. They were mixing up sets seemingly on their own.
- Final recommended flask is Basalt instead of Jade
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jun 24, 2020, 9:06:04 AM
I'm not really sure how to address the couple of people who have been saying they can't run maps without dying. I've had this issue with a few private DMs in Discord.

There are multiple people who message me either privately or publicly, tell me the build doesn't work, and then I check their gear and they have like 40-70 ES on gloves/helmet/boots, 200 ES chests, lvl 10-15 supports at character level 80, and tier 6 spell damage rolls on wands with no +1 cold gems or cold dot multi.

Meanwhile there are literally hundreds of people in the discord and stream saying they're having a great time and it's their first time killing Kitava / hitting maps / getting to reds / etc.

I'll help as much as I can, but you're removing the engine and telling the dealership that they gave you a lemon.

I'm continuing to work on guide updates and they will be announced as they go live. Thanks!
"
ShakCentral wrote:
Everyone, a second updated PoB is available here: https://pastebin.com/9CRnhMyX and in the guide.

Updates from yesterdays PoB:

- CI tree accidentally had Whispers of Doom
- Frostbite should be the Blasphemy curse now, not Ele Weakness.
- Arcane Will is taken in Part 2 of the levelign tree for the mana regen once we have Skitterbots+ Malevolence
- Item sets are hopefully finally fixed. They were mixing up sets seemingly on their own.
- Final recommended flask is Basalt instead of Jade

Thanks for your effort dude, appreciate it! Any reason to not go for Malediction over Whispers of Doom? Is the regen just that strong? (Assuming I use Chayula)

How do I make Wintertide stick to my enemies? I tried it out, it only lasts like 1 second before it goes away :S I must be doing something wrong.

My friend just gave me a lucky find he got while leveling:

Been super easy damage with this early maps (it had flat phys to attacks on it as well, but harvest fixed that real quick)!

Great build!
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Jun 24, 2020, 9:21:57 AM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:

Thanks for your effort dude, appreciate it! Any reason to not go for Malediction over Whispers of Doom? Is the regen just that strong? (Assuming I use Chayula)

How do I make Wintertide stick to my enemies? I tried it out, it only lasts like 1 second before it goes away :S I must be doing something wrong.

My friend just gave me a lucky find he got while leveling:

Been super easy damage with this early maps (it had flat phys to attacks on it as well, but harvest fixed that real quick)!

Great build!

Nice wand! Cold DoT multi is the king of damage mods, and that's a pretty decent one.

Wintertide only sticks to enemies for 2 seconds before detaching. That's what it's meant to do. Once it detaches, it debuffs the enemy with a powerful Cold DoT. The power of WT Brand comes after detaching, so don't worry about it!

Edit: Forgot one of the questions. Now that we path over the top of the tree to get Runebinder, Whispers is only a 5 point investment that also helps the curses. We get to dual curse while also keeping as much as 10% ES regen per second, which is incredibly strong.
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jun 24, 2020, 10:10:02 AM
I did some changes / upgrades on my occultist vortex/cold snap since im going in the red maps with pretty rippy mods. Swap my jade for a basalt ideally would love a rumi's drop but i can always dream. Annointed Prodigal Perfection and took Divine Judgement for damage. Had to respecc some nodes to get to Glancing Blows and been working on getting spell block.

My endgame goal is to craft that wand with ideally +1 to all spell gems AND +1 to all cold spell gem with harvest. So far nothing that good came out with the reroll. Then will multimod with cold dot/ spell dmg if I can

I dont understand people having issues with this build or so. Its a CI build at first, the transition can be smooth if you prepare your gears or rough if you dont know what to upgrade that's why he did the guide. ES gears are really easy to make this league with Harvest crafting. (This is a SSF pov but should be the same for trade league)
"
TsunaH wrote:
I dont understand people having issues with this build or so.

For any build there's always several things that have to come together for the build to work, and inadvertently missing any one of them can ruin things. For example, I was getting one-shot by mid-tier map bosses until I realized I was running around with 60% resists after respecing into CI because I had given up several resistance nodes. Oops.
"
I'm not really sure how to address the couple of people who have been saying they can't run maps without dying. I've had this issue with a few private DMs in Discord.

There is nothing you can do. It's a complex game, and people with less experience frequently say (and honestly believe) that they have duplicated the build exactly.

In those situations, you can almost always find a whole bunch of deviations like the ones you point out.

The other thing that makes a difference is in builds that aren't designed to face tank the world. Newer players almost never move enough, and tend not to be very proactive with flask use. Face tanking builds are a lot more forgiving of less-than-optimal play. Most builds aren't.

Is this a correct way of crafting the helm?

-Buy white 85+ hubris circlet with enchant
-Slam Warlord exalted orb
-Spam Dense+Frigid fossils
"
inkopwnz wrote:
Is this a correct way of crafting the helm?

-Buy white 85+ hubris circlet with enchant
-Slam Warlord exalted orb
-Spam Dense+Frigid fossils

Before you go too nuts on the -9 helm, check the discord and updated PoB. I'm still working on the guide update, but if you're on board with Wintertide Brand as a single target complement, you want a Shaper helm so you can roll "Socketed gems are supported by Hypothermia"
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jun 24, 2020, 12:11:35 PM
"
TsunaH wrote:
I did some changes / upgrades on my occultist vortex/cold snap since im going in the red maps with pretty rippy mods. Swap my jade for a basalt ideally would love a rumi's drop but i can always dream. Annointed Prodigal Perfection and took Divine Judgement for damage. Had to respecc some nodes to get to Glancing Blows and been working on getting spell block.

My endgame goal is to craft that wand with ideally +1 to all spell gems AND +1 to all cold spell gem with harvest. So far nothing that good came out with the reroll. Then will multimod with cold dot/ spell dmg if I can

I dont understand people having issues with this build or so. Its a CI build at first, the transition can be smooth if you prepare your gears or rough if you dont know what to upgrade that's why he did the guide. ES gears are really easy to make this league with Harvest crafting. (This is a SSF pov but should be the same for trade league)

Remember that wand will mess up elemental equilibrium for you with the added cold damage to spells ! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info