[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

So you know, Unnerve doesn't apply to Damage over Time effects even if it's from spells, according to the PoEWiki.
"
TsunaH wrote:
"
st0rmie wrote:
Wondering how essential people feel Tempest Shield is? 3% block and spell block doesn't seem like a huge deal? Not that we're terribly socket-starved, but hitting another button repeatedly to keep the buff up doesn't seem like a lot of fun.

Also, for the CI (not LL) auras, the guide has (Vaal) Discipline + Malevolence + Clarity + Enlighten. Do people find mana regen to be a serious enough problem that it's worth using an Enlighten just to squeeze in a higher level Clarity? I'm not rolling max level 6-link Vortex yet but I wouldn't have thought so?

I have enough mana regen with Frostbite - Blasphemy / Discipline and Flesh and Stone. It should be fine if you take the aura nodes on the left side.

Got a better shield and fix my wand a little bit ! Harvest crafting is nuts

Saw your gear in the last few posts in this thread, and I am just in awe. Could you perhaps go over some of the stuff you did to craft it? I'm still chasing down the last guardian for my 4th keystone (not played since atlas looked like this before), and i'm struggling to get upgrades despite using seeds and so on all the time. What is the proces you go through?
Also, you mentioned target farming the weapon enchant so we can use EE, how do you achieve this? I am just unveiling whatever I can.
"
Thraviel wrote:
"
TsunaH wrote:
"
st0rmie wrote:
Wondering how essential people feel Tempest Shield is? 3% block and spell block doesn't seem like a huge deal? Not that we're terribly socket-starved, but hitting another button repeatedly to keep the buff up doesn't seem like a lot of fun.

Also, for the CI (not LL) auras, the guide has (Vaal) Discipline + Malevolence + Clarity + Enlighten. Do people find mana regen to be a serious enough problem that it's worth using an Enlighten just to squeeze in a higher level Clarity? I'm not rolling max level 6-link Vortex yet but I wouldn't have thought so?

I have enough mana regen with Frostbite - Blasphemy / Discipline and Flesh and Stone. It should be fine if you take the aura nodes on the left side.

Got a better shield and fix my wand a little bit ! Harvest crafting is nuts

Saw your gear in the last few posts in this thread, and I am just in awe. Could you perhaps go over some of the stuff you did to craft it? I'm still chasing down the last guardian for my 4th keystone (not played since atlas looked like this before), and i'm struggling to get upgrades despite using seeds and so on all the time. What is the proces you go through?
Also, you mentioned target farming the weapon enchant so we can use EE, how do you achieve this? I am just unveiling whatever I can.

All my rare gears (most of them) have been self crafted with the help of Harvest crafting. Basically grabbed an es base (Vaal regalia / Titanium shield , sorcerer base), and use the Defense crafting seeds. The craft with the "Defense modifiers are more common" allows high tier of ES mods. Use that craft on the piece you want and thats it mostly. Its a free chaos spam sort of. You can also annul a specific mod that you dont want on gears. For example, I had flat phys on my wand and just annuled that with the craft from Harvest.

For the trigger mod, the best / fastest way to do it without paying someone else to craft it for you is to :
- First unveil the mod from a weapon
- KEEP that weapon
- If you have Aisling in your board, put her in Research ideally as captain
- Now once you got the research safehouse with Aisling, run it and do the usual.
- Once you're in front of the crafting bench, take the weapon you saved (the one that got the unveiled trigger mod at first), remove that craft with the normal crafting bench (1 scouring cost), and use the weapon in the hideout bench. Since its Aisling in Research, it will add a veiled mod to the weapon. Since you kept your weapon and just removed the craft before, the new unveil WILL always have the mod that you remove earlier which is here Trigger mod.
- Do that 1 more time if you dont have 2 benches to unlock it or if you have Aisling as captain, you can get the trigger mod already. Just make sure to remove the craft with the bench so you can put another veiled mod on the second bench.
I'm following this build in harvest and it seems to be going well.

Am a bit confused about a few choices in the build, for example:

Why run an anti-freeze flask, when we have permanent freeze immunity via ascendancy?

Why is there no bleed immunity on a flask? It has killed me quite a few times, the degen is annoying for ES and is really mandatory.
Ignite also, although with the reduced duration pantheon this isn't as bad..

Is running eye of chayula really worth it, since we already get stun immunity? I know it's some extra ES and a bunch of chaos res for LL, but is there not a better option if you don't need the stun immunity from that slot?
Sorry to butt in but I've got a problem with my single target damage. https://pastebin.com/4qwCexqu

I'm running a life based Staff Occultist. My Defenses are OK however I'm taking close to 7-8 minutes killing Al-Heizmin or Minitour.

I'm on A4 and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I think its something to do with my EE usage? Do I run into the boss room, drop OoS then Vortex ontop or to the side of the boss? Doesnt wintertide brand force and override as well onto OoS since it hits more? My progression is really halted and I'm struggling, I'm going to multimod my staff with %coldDamage and Cold Damage over time Multiplier to hopefully help in the damage department. Probably going to use a 6 link with orb of storms later on with Despair after my Awakened Curse on Hit Gem.

Thanks in Advance! Message me in game @NGLJunReallyCute since I'll probably be much more responsive there
"
schmuggla wrote:
the char is def. fucked up.
i got confused by the guide. i was pretty sure that the guide recommended another ascendancy class if you DONT lvl with vortex (which was recommended, too). i didnt expect to need so many respec points! now i'm inbetween two builds ... at least i got the resis capped now.

i'm almost finished with the respec progress. have 5,7 ES with all auras, max resists. i still feel squishy - can anybody check my tree for ideas? or is it just the bad gear i'm using? :D
Everyone, from the front page today:

6.23.20 Update: I'm very happy to say that the Path of Building has been updated! Check it out here: https://pastebin.com/VnenYqUx

A few update notes:
1. This is the first phase of the guide update. Cluster Jewels, updated gearing, clarifications, etc are all coming, as well as Discord improvements.

2. The “Notes” section of the guide has gem links for leveling. The skill section would be unreadable if I tried to include them there.

3. Do NOT freak out about Wintertide DPS. It is not being calculated correctly in PoB yet.

4. I'm going to continue streaming Vortex related content. Stop by if you want to have a question answered or just hang out. Looking forward to more Vortex content!

Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jun 23, 2020, 2:22:30 PM
"
schmuggla wrote:
"
schmuggla wrote:
the char is def. fucked up.
i got confused by the guide. i was pretty sure that the guide recommended another ascendancy class if you DONT lvl with vortex (which was recommended, too). i didnt expect to need so many respec points! now i'm inbetween two builds ... at least i got the resis capped now.

i'm almost finished with the respec progress. have 5,7 ES with all auras, max resists. i still feel squishy - can anybody check my tree for ideas? or is it just the bad gear i'm using? :D

You need to get more es on every gears. Get a 5l chest asap. Your current chest is good but does have the 5% increased damage taken. You dont have the trigger mod so you can unspec Elemental Equilibrium until then.
Last edited by TsunaH on Jun 23, 2020, 4:12:49 PM
I am having the problem of being very squishy as well.

I completed all acts and am in the process of changing all gear to ES i have only 3.8k ES even t2 maps i die, i tried taking wicked ward but the ES drops were much worse because the regen delay was higher by a LOT.i walk into a pack of mobs, cast vortex and cold snap, i die.. what am i doing wrong? i havent unlocked weapon craft yet..don't have much currency either. should i continue or reroll to VD?
Really hate Maven as a boss and its mechanics! pls give us something cool like Elder/Shaper
"
I am having the problem of being very squishy as well.

I completed all acts and am in the process of changing all gear to ES i have only 3.8k ES even t2 maps i die, i tried taking wicked ward but the ES drops were much worse because the regen delay was higher by a LOT.i walk into a pack of mobs, cast vortex and cold snap, i die.. what am i doing wrong? i havent unlocked weapon craft yet..don't have much currency either. should i continue or reroll to VD?

You're using Prism Guardian without having a shav. All the chaos dmg will bypass your shield and will kill you.

Change your shield with an es one and CI first

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info