"
fsadcvg wrote:
What 4l ice shot should i be using for clear/single-target

While levelling, your links should be as follows:
Ice shot - LMP - onslaught - Ice Bite
Barrage - Elemental damage with attacks - added cold - hypothermia/ cold pen
Ice Shot - Barrage support - elemental damage with attacks - added cold
Shrapnel Ballista - LMP - Culling strike - faster attacks

I'm confused. Are you saying ditch barrage for Ice Shot single target and Shrapnel Ballista AoE? This is obviously different to your levelling guide gems section...
Is Barrage support really worth it while leveling?

I'm using Ice shot + Faster Attacks + Ele + Add.Cold for single target. It may be the tooltip which craters when swapping to barrage support but I'm not really feeling it
Hey to all,

The build to level omg...
Single target is zero,
Can be amazing later on with all tuned but until now in single target you are eaten alive hehe,
It´s a record in deaths hehe

Ty in advance
Could be because of all the buffed boss health. Im just starting and from what ive heard, early bosses are as high HP as two acts after.
i dont understand your problems people, spawn 3 ballistas and shoot, single damage feels fine then
"
"
Aquarism wrote:
"
fsadcvg wrote:
What 4l ice shot should i be using for clear/single-target

While levelling, your links should be as follows:
Ice shot - LMP - onslaught - Ice Bite
Barrage - Elemental damage with attacks - added cold - hypothermia/ cold pen
Ice Shot - Barrage support - elemental damage with attacks - added cold
Shrapnel Ballista - LMP - Culling strike - faster attacks

I'm confused. Are you saying ditch barrage for Ice Shot single target and Shrapnel Ballista AoE? This is obviously different to your levelling guide gems section...

Bro, one ice shot (with LMP/GMP) for clearing, second one with barrage support for single target, 2 separate 4 links, or u can go for barrage with support gems for single target, also his leveling guide is probably outdated, follow what he says in those answers. Yes, single damage in early sucks, bosses in acts got buffed hard, tho its manageable, just go for single target setup with barrage and maybe use this shrapnel ballista as 3rd 4link or at least 3 link, i've been using just ice shot and barrage and yes, I've died couple of times, new mechanic is really rippy, but it's manageable to go through. Buy death's harp @ 32 lv. it helps quite a lot.
For ascendency, 3.9 update in the guide mentions getting Fast & Deadly. Does this mean we drop Gathering Winds?
"
naxus123 wrote:
Hey to all,

The build to level omg...
Single target is zero,
Can be amazing later on with all tuned but until now in single target you are eaten alive hehe,
It´s a record in deaths hehe

Ty in advance

------

Ditto, I'm a about 100 deaths, lol. I've taken to my old trick of leveling just before I try any of the bosses. I have a feeling that the only way to make this work longer-term is with Voidfletcher and that is going to be mega expensive.

Now on the bright side per the OP's suggestion I switched to a barrage setup on my ice arrow and it is much better to level with. I also bee-lined to the +chain ascendency.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
For ascendency, 3.9 update in the guide mentions getting Fast & Deadly. Does this mean we drop Gathering Winds?

--

The new POB shows that you drop the +projectile node which makes sense. I couldn't imaging dropping Gathering Winds and I am sure that the OP agrees. I mean that's why you go Deadeye. Also, for me I personally don't use travel skills much so I am going to keep +projectile for now. I am going to try to not use GMP in my ice shot - we shall see how that goes.

And......................don't do league mechanics while leveling! lol. Maybe I would have 100 fewer deaths if I took that good advice. But, I can't help myself.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Dec 14, 2019, 4:47:26 PM
Ascendency choice is explained in the first few blue text.

POB will be updated when the tool itself is updated.

Gem section is outdated, refer to blue text.

Always check with the blue text before asking questions.

Gear section remains mostly unchanged, only taking in account with new influence mods.

With adjusted act boss HP and resist, levelling will be slow but doable. I’m ashamed that I used @Mrwonderfull99 strategy to kill bosses, but with about 30 death, took me 8 hours with 2 labs all while updating the guide as I go.

I will be busy, please kindly quote this reply to any question that is already answered for the next few days

My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info