[3.13] Raikudou's CoC Ice Nova Assassin (3M+ DPS)

"
N333mo wrote:
So they nerfed inspiration. Is it still viable or should we switch it out?

Honestly that nerf came as a big surprise. Might have to switch it out for something else now (maybe back to Hypothermia). But otherwise this build didn't get hit at all.
Last edited by Raikudou on Dec 11, 2019, 7:44:48 AM
Have a few "questions":)

Sometimes math doesn't add up to reality in this game and we are better off picking less optimal versions because it simply plays better. I just want to make sure that I'm not leaving any stone unturned.

1. With two cospri's malice and the 14% CD Recovery and only one spell in each weapon, you would need just under 15.14 APS to get the most out of your spells (alternating between each weapon 7.57+7.57). How are your weapon gem links optimizing the damage and triggering potatial? You have right now two trigger gems in each cospri's (only 3 will trigger normally -frostbomb 2 sec CD)

2. It's hard to see on the video, but it looks like ice nova is triggering a lot while frostbold is not active. Might be mainly because of the triggering problem from question 1 and the fact that frostbolt is going to need to wait for its trigger a long time. Would not ice nova triggering by itself both be bad for damage and clearspeed (maybe also survivability because of less range)?

Thanks for your time!
(open for anyone to answer)
Last edited by Nordatheman on Dec 11, 2019, 9:10:25 AM
Hi!

Would you still recommend leveling with Orb of Storms and Lighnting Spire traps after the nerfs? Or is Frostblades the better option now?
"
Hi!

Would you still recommend leveling with Orb of Storms and Lighnting Spire traps after the nerfs? Or is Frostblades the better option now?

This build is based on spell dmg/crit I don't think frostblades would be an option for lvling
double posted for w/e reason
Last edited by mrutomi on Dec 11, 2019, 12:05:31 PM
I was thinking about leveling with arc/storm burst instead until I get my cospri. Do you think that's a good idea? It also feels like more folks would go CoC Ice Nova and cospri could end up being expensive, so I wanted to make sure I have another build to map. I know this guide has oos+spire, but with the patch notes, do you think playing as storm burst is a better option now?
one of the best guides i have seen lately, very detailed and very nice leveling section
"
Nordatheman wrote:
Have a few "questions":)

Sometimes math doesn't add up to reality in this game and we are better off picking less optimal versions because it simply plays better. I just want to make sure that I'm not leaving any stone unturned.

1. With two cospri's malice and the 14% CD Recovery and only one spell in each weapon, you would need just under 15.14 APS to get the most out of your spells (alternating between each weapon 7.57+7.57). How are your weapon gem links optimizing the damage and triggering potatial? You have right now two trigger gems in each cospri's (only 3 will trigger normally -frostbomb 2 sec CD)

2. It's hard to see on the video, but it looks like ice nova is triggering a lot while frostbold is not active. Might be mainly because of the triggering problem from question 1 and the fact that frostbolt is going to need to wait for its trigger a long time. Would not ice nova triggering by itself both be bad for damage and clearspeed (maybe also survivability because of less range)?

Thanks for your time!
(open for anyone to answer)

1) The gems in my weapons are not optimized at all since im still using my chest setup as the main damage source. Im aware that you can use Cospri's as a big damage source, but i use it for QOL buffs and leech. The Frostbolts are indeed slower the more gems you put into your swords, but they still pop frequently enough to not justify removing any gems from my current setup IMO.

2) As long as you have Frostbolts near the enemy at any given time it should work fine. I even took out all other gems once to see if they were affecting the cast times and felt no difference in DPS. Not sure what you mean with the less range thing.

Just like you said, sometimes math doesn't add up to the real enviroment you are playing at. I found this setup to be optimal for me and had no issues. I always welcome constructive feedback if you find better solutions though.
"
Hi!

Frostblades is a weapon based attack skill, we are using spells. OOS and Spire Traps barely got touched tbh and should still be fine if you are not aiming for 2h Act 10 Kitava kills.
Last edited by Raikudou on Dec 11, 2019, 1:09:28 PM
"
mrutomi wrote:
I was thinking about leveling with arc/storm burst instead until I get my cospri. Do you think that's a good idea? It also feels like more folks would go CoC Ice Nova and cospri could end up being expensive, so I wanted to make sure I have another build to map. I know this guide has oos+spire, but with the patch notes, do you think playing as storm burst is a better option now?

In a previous answer i said that OOS and Spire Trap is still fine. But both skills got hit with a slower hit rate nerf which is kinda annoying (doesn't matter for casuals though). So currently Strombrand is looking pretty juicy to me again.
Last edited by Raikudou on Dec 11, 2019, 1:10:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info