[3.13] Raikudou's CoC Ice Nova Assassin (3M+ DPS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSW5aH94xGI
Simulacrum wave 15-20. Both Kosis and Omniphobia make an appearance. Overall I am having no issues with DPS.
"
Kiyoshi_Ito wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Vetroxbl, appreciate your time looking into POBs for us noobs.

https://pastebin.com/HCvDJqTP

Could you take a look at mine? You say spell damage per power charge is strong, but really when you just have 6 or so charges, isnt that only 24% increase? That's only as good as many other notables granting 25% increase (ie. most notables offered from cluster jewels).

I see in my POB when i swap out Arcane expanse cluster to get the spell dmg per power charge, the avg hit is the same. I also need the int from arcane expanse, and aoe is a nice benefit to have too. I don't need any crit from the extra power charges as I am at 100% crit already without diamond flask.

I also feel like my damage is pretty weak, like it takes probably 20 seconds to kill a T16 guardian... and if I get hit I get 1 shot.

Thanks

- Your PoB doesn't represent your character at all. It shows manually made jewels and 114 points spent at lvl 89, which is impossible;
- The spell damage per power charge is strong because it's 24% for only 1 point. Arcane Expanse is a total of 35% for 3 points - 11,66% per point - more than twice weaker. The oddity on your build is that you haven't picked up the, imho mandatory, extra power charges. You're also using Inc. Critical Strikes gem, and an Inc. Critical Strikes Watcher's Eye.
For the super-late game which you mention doing that +1,8% baseline crit needs to come from a Bottled Faith, so you can run both Inspiration and Hypothermia on the Ice Nova. Your Watcher's Eye should also be a 15% Cold Pen one.

If you can fix your PoB to be an actual 100% precise representation of your character I'll take another look.
Want info on builds or you need something?
Contact me on Discord - discord.gg/s9kzKCT
Hello. Could it be possible to also check my pob ? Managed to take down Sirus A8 with it (died a few times tho...) and I would like to know what are the best investments I could do right now to keep pushing it further. I'm currently mostly using him for farming splinters but I want to push it as far as I can.

https://pastebin.com/4Tedpivi

I got also a few questions concerning CoC builds:

-I did this one following Esoro's CoC guide but whether it's his guide or builds on poeninja, they all have much higher APS than what I have. According to the first post and vetroxbl's posts, you want to have it as close as possible to CoC cooldown to make sure it procs optimally which makes sense if you have 100% hit and crit chance. But what if you have let's say 90% crit chance but 10 APS ? Because with double cospri, each one also proc a spell everytime it crits and they each got 0.15s cd (according to the wiki) like CoC so cooldown recovery speed should have the same effect on them. But if you hit with one weapon then hit with the other with cyclone, that means that to proc each cospri optimally you would actually need double the optimal APS of CoC.

So, logically, you would rather want your APS to be as high as possible for optimal double cospri no ? Or is there an important information that I'm missing ?

-Which one is better investment-wise for damage and/or tankiness ? LL, CI or life-based ? And if we were to assume a budget of 100 ex, which one would give the best bangs for your bucks ?
Last edited by Magakix1 on Apr 26, 2020, 8:42:37 AM
Hey Guys,

its my first league, and my 2nd char.

Can someone please take a look at my PoB

and tell me my next BIG Upgrades ?

TY

https://pastebin.com/t4sCuE1y
"
vetroxbl wrote:
"
Kiyoshi_Ito wrote:
Spoiler

Could you take a look at mine? You say spell damage per power charge is strong, but really when you just have 6 or so charges, isnt that only 24% increase? That's only as good as many other notables granting 25% increase (ie. most notables offered from cluster jewels).

I see in my POB when i swap out Arcane expanse cluster to get the spell dmg per power charge, the avg hit is the same. I also need the int from arcane expanse, and aoe is a nice benefit to have too. I don't need any crit from the extra power charges as I am at 100% crit already without diamond flask.

I also feel like my damage is pretty weak, like it takes probably 20 seconds to kill a T16 guardian... and if I get hit I get 1 shot.

Thanks

- Your PoB doesn't represent your character at all. It shows manually made jewels and 114 points spent at lvl 89, which is impossible;
- The spell damage per power charge is strong because it's 24% for only 1 point. Arcane Expanse is a total of 35% for 3 points - 11,66% per point - more than twice weaker. The oddity on your build is that you haven't picked up the, imho mandatory, extra power charges. You're also using Inc. Critical Strikes gem, and an Inc. Critical Strikes Watcher's Eye.
For the super-late game which you mention doing that +1,8% baseline crit needs to come from a Bottled Faith, so you can run both Inspiration and Hypothermia on the Ice Nova. Your Watcher's Eye should also be a 15% Cold Pen one.

If you can fix your PoB to be an actual 100% precise representation of your character I'll take another look.

Hey I fixed it up a bit: https://pastebin.com/Xmtrh3Bc

- this is my actual character, with same items and all numbers reconciled to in game character info numbers
- I have 1 power charge in my helmet, and in general I try to minimize extra power charges because I don't need the crit chance, as you said, I have incr crit chance and watcher eye base crit. I wonder if it would be better to spec more power charges and remove my increased critical strikes. Anyways, as I have it now, my cyclone's crit chance is just a bit over capped.
- with my above strategy by minimizing traveling to power charges, I was able to expand a bit with cluster jewels. The cold-blooded killer and blast-freeze have been extremely useful with survival.
-in general, my accuracy and crit with cyclone are both 100%, and looks like my dodge chances with quartz flask up are 89% and 75% for spells. Though I sacrifice a lot of the hp nodes, so im just under 5k life now.
-dps wise, i'm hitting 7.41 times per second and ice nova avg hit is 456k (571K including opportunistic)

edit: i did a little playing around, it looks like if i can save up for a bottled faith i can replace the incr crit strike with hypothermia. doesnt make much difference to swap arcane expanse, and i think the aoe helps a bit with survivability, aalso my poor int requirement is very tight

your other point about the dmg per point is missing the fact that it would also cost 3 points to reach that node. so point wise its the same, just a matter of 24% incr + 8% to multi vs. 35% + aoe + 10 int.
Last edited by Kiyoshi_Ito on Apr 26, 2020, 1:17:28 PM
Hi!
Can I improve that build with Watcher's Eye with Crit Chance mod while affected by Hatred?
"
Kiyoshi_Ito wrote:
Spoiler
"
vetroxbl wrote:
"
Kiyoshi_Ito wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks

Hey I fixed it up a bit: https://pastebin.com/Xmtrh3Bc

- this is my actual character, with same items and all numbers reconciled to in game character info numbers
- I have 1 power charge in my helmet, and in general I try to minimize extra power charges because I don't need the crit chance, as you said, I have incr crit chance and watcher eye base crit. I wonder if it would be better to spec more power charges and remove my increased critical strikes. Anyways, as I have it now, my cyclone's crit chance is just a bit over capped.
- with my above strategy by minimizing traveling to power charges, I was able to expand a bit with cluster jewels. The cold-blooded killer and blast-freeze have been extremely useful with survival.
-in general, my accuracy and crit with cyclone are both 100%, and looks like my dodge chances with quartz flask up are 89% and 75% for spells. Though I sacrifice a lot of the hp nodes, so im just under 5k life now.
-dps wise, i'm hitting 7.41 times per second and ice nova avg hit is 456k (571K including opportunistic)

edit: i did a little playing around, it looks like if i can save up for a bottled faith i can replace the incr crit strike with hypothermia. doesnt make much difference to swap arcane expanse, and i think the aoe helps a bit with survivability, aalso my poor int requirement is very tight

- Your poor Int can easily be solved by replacing the ring mod with +30 Intellect. Once you slot in Inspiration the ring mana cost mod is essentially worthless.
- Drop your Increased Crit for Inspiration, your Quicksilver for a Diamond, and Arcane Expanse for the Power Charge cluster and bam, you just went from 571k to 773k, a ~26% more increase on the hit, while also maintaining ~98% crit on Cyclone and ~100% crit on Ice Nova.

If you're not into buying Bottled Faith there really isn't much left to improve, really. The only other upgrade I can think of is a well seeded Glorious Vanity, which can practically cost infinitely more.
Want info on builds or you need something?
Contact me on Discord - discord.gg/s9kzKCT
upd 3
Can someone looking on my build and give recommendation? Have 7-12 ex for.
Last edited by Attarod on Apr 26, 2020, 2:04:00 PM
"
vetroxbl wrote:

- Your poor Int can easily be solved by replacing the ring mod with +30 Intellect. Once you slot in Inspiration the ring mana cost mod is essentially worthless.
- Drop your Increased Crit for Inspiration, your Quicksilver for a Diamond, and Arcane Expanse for the Power Charge cluster and bam, you just went from 571k to 773k, a ~26% more increase on the hit, while also maintaining ~98% crit on Cyclone and ~100% crit on Ice Nova.

If you're not into buying Bottled Faith there really isn't much left to improve, really. The only other upgrade I can think of is a well seeded Glorious Vanity, which can practically cost infinitely more.

holy shit thanks it wasn't even on my radar that that I could drop the mana cost mod for int and dex. this frees up one mod on my jewel too. since currency is so easy to get this league, ill save up for a bottled faith and drop incr crit for inspiration!

meh, looks like the 20% incr aoe is only worth 2 radius on ice nova. not really sure how wide that is, so i guess the power charge is definitely the route to go. now that i am so overcapped on crit, i could probably swap the shock crit mod on my gloves for a dmg chilled one. looks like i can also drop my ice golem for a flame or stone golem for more survivability.

edit: nvm about the chill gloves. while it gives me another nice 7% dmg boost, i rather not deal with rebalancing all my resistances as those mods come with the respective elemental res.
Last edited by Kiyoshi_Ito on Apr 26, 2020, 2:11:57 PM
Hi this is my 3rd character rolled this league, sold Cyclone Gladiator to go with this because it just seems like way more damage. For awhile I didn't realize sheet chance on crit didn't need to say 100% because it doesn't factor in Cospri's, so I was 14% over crit cap! I need to reroll sockets to replace Increased Crit with something else. What else can I improve besides finding 150 Ex for a better Watcher's Eye?

https://pastebin.com/rF8c9N9A

IGN: Kaasi (Incursion,) Borkrak (Standard)
Last edited by Accaris on Apr 26, 2020, 3:20:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info