[3.9] Purifying Flame Sabo | 7kEHP | 2mln Shaper DPS | All content | League starter

waiting for PoB
New PoB added
There are three 'Item sets' and 'Trees' versions for Start League(SSF), Mid Game and Late Game.
I will probably add End Game version after league starts and we know more about new influence items.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/wfKCyzi4

Overall no big nerfs or buffs to the build in this patch. New shield Mistwall should be nice at the beginning of the league if it is not very expensive.
Some bosses now take reduced damage for a short period immediately after becoming targetable - this is QOL nerf to mines overall, but shouldn't be a big problem. Buff to Wand spell damage is nice for us.

Sadly i dont have time to add leveling guide before league starts.
I can recommend watching Tytykiller run with mines, I will add it below. Best option is doing something similar, so you start with Stormblast Mine (start leveling Purifying Flame in offhand as soon as you can) later on change Stormblast Mine to Pyroclast Mine for boss killing.Tytykiller uses Icicle Mine for clear - we can instead use Purifying Flame with Blastchain Mine/High-Impact Mine Support. After Kitava you can drop Pyroclast Mine and focus on Purifying Flame.

Tytykiller speedrun
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFtGlfYtE0E

I've never play mine before and wanted to try it out after reading your guide,
and I'd some question I would like to ask.

What is the reason of having pain attunement in the build? I dont see anything will make us low life to have it be in effect. Could the BIS armor be Skin of the loyal/kaoms heart/ well rolled rare?
"
Logan_we wrote:
New PoB added
There are three 'Item sets' and 'Trees' versions for Start League(SSF), Mid Game and Late Game.
I will probably add End Game version after league starts and we know more about new influence items.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/wfKCyzi4

Overall no big nerfs or buffs to the build in this patch. New shield Mistwall should be nice at the beginning of the league if it is not very expensive.
Some bosses now take reduced damage for a short period immediately after becoming targetable - this is QOL nerf to mines overall, but shouldn't be a big problem. Buff to Wand spell damage is nice for us.

Sadly i dont have time to add leveling guide before league starts.
I can recommend watching Tytykiller run with mines, I will add it below. Best option is doing something similar, so you start with Stormblast Mine (start leveling Purifying Flame in offhand as soon as you can) later on change Stormblast Mine to Pyroclast Mine for boss killing.Tytykiller uses Icicle Mine for clear - we can instead use Purifying Flame with Blastchain Mine/High-Impact Mine Support. After Kitava you can drop Pyroclast Mine and focus on Purifying Flame.

Tytykiller speedrun
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFtGlfYtE0E

do you have a leveling tree? The league start has 111 points allocated still, I don't really know which order to go for these things in, this is going to be my first league start as a miner.
I did some testing runs earlier using stormblast mines and orb of storms. It felt like stormblast dps really increased in conjunction with oos. Now with that nerfed, do you think it may be better to use pf mines for clear and single target dps until you can have pf for clear and pyroclast for single target?

Once you can use pf with blastchain mines in act 1, would added lightning (or cold/fire?) be the best third support?
"
Gurintea wrote:
I've never play mine before and wanted to try it out after reading your guide,
and I'd some question I would like to ask.

What is the reason of having pain attunement in the build? I dont see anything will make us low life to have it be in effect. Could the BIS armor be Skin of the loyal/kaoms heart/ well rolled rare?

Militant Faith jewel changes Pain Attunement into The Agnostic, PoB has no way of showing that :(
If you don't get Militant Faith you can skip it, together with jewel slot near it.

"
zrenda94 wrote:

do you have a leveling tree? The league start has 111 points allocated still, I don't really know which order to go for these things in, this is going to be my first league start as a miner.

Right now i don't. I will try to make one today.

"
Garash wrote:
I did some testing runs earlier using stormblast mines and orb of storms. It felt like stormblast dps really increased in conjunction with oos. Now with that nerfed, do you think it may be better to use pf mines for clear and single target dps until you can have pf for clear and pyroclast for single target?

Once you can use pf with blastchain mines in act 1, would added lightning (or cold/fire?) be the best third support?

Good question.
Imho early on you really want to have Swift Assembly Support for your boss killing mine. So on a 3-Link Stormblast mine wins even without OOS, because PF losses one link for Blastchain Mine support.
If you get 4-Link before you get Pyroclast, you could switch to PF only and not use Stormblast.

In Blight I did use 3-Link PF with Wave of Conviction for boss killing and it was fine, you can do it, but Stormblast mine is a little bit more efficient. And OOS is probably still useable, even after nerf.

About gems for PF. I would take Swift Assembly Support as third link and Trap and Mine Damage Support as fourth. That is if you get right link colors, if not you can go Added Fire or Added Lightning, both are fine. Shadow doesn't get Added Fire as reward tho.
"
zrenda94 wrote:

Below in PoB you can find examples of leveling.
Alot depends on gear you find, but if you follow this you should be fine.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/CKebmbBV

I went through new Awakened Support Gems.
Awakened Added fire Damage is perfect for us - probably wont be even that expensive because not many builds can use it that well.

Awakened Fire Penetration and Awakened Controlled Destruction I will have to test after league starts. Awakened Fire Penetration could be very good vs new buff to boss ele resists.
Btw, you need a shit ton of attack speed to make whirling blades viable for a caster. Otherwise, the slight pause after the attack animation leaves you vulnerable to mobs with hyperspeed and hyperdamage. For example, while delving past 500+ or doing any t15/t16s/Uber Elder. Honestly, I don't think anyone could justify investing attack speed into a spell build. Merely supporting WB with Faster Attacks is not enough, btw.. I've tried it. Flame Dash + Faster Casting and/or Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify seems more reasonable. Lastly, you are confined to using spell daggers to utilize WB as a movement skill.
"
HwtChirino wrote:
Btw, you need a shit ton of attack speed to make whirling blades viable for a caster. Otherwise, the slight pause after the attack animation leaves you vulnerable to mobs with hyperspeed and hyperdamage. For example, while delving past 500+ or doing any t15/t16s/Uber Elder. Honestly, I don't think anyone could justify investing attack speed into a spell build. Merely supporting WB with Faster Attacks is not enough, btw.. I've tried it. Flame Dash + Faster Casting and/or Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify seems more reasonable. Lastly, you are confined to using spell daggers to utilize WB as a movement skill.

I always thought that pouse was some kind of bug, good to know, thx for the info.
Tbh never felt like it was very problematic and i could swear it doesn't always occur (thats why it felt like bug to me).
Nonetheless I will probably change it for Shield Charge (Flame Dash shares CD with smoke mine if I remember correctly). I already thought about it because of wand spell damage buff, now there is even more reasons.
Again, thx.

"
SC Trade Metamorph player here.

Still can't decide what skill to pick up for league. ARC Mine? Pyroblast Mine? Glacial Cascade Mine? Icicle Mine? Ball Lightning Mine?

Well, if you don't want to play Purifying Flame I would go Icicle Mine - even after nerf they should be great with few changes (chain).
I have tried Arc mines and I was not impressed. I haven't played GC or BL.
Last edited by Logan_we on Dec 13, 2019, 1:49:26 PM
"
SC Trade Metamorph player here.

Still can't decide what skill to pick up for league. ARC Mine? Pyroblast Mine? Glacial Cascade Mine? Icicle Mine? Ball Lightning Mine?

You are not the only one :P I guess I will decide after I played several gems and see what I stick with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info