[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

Have 15ex to spend, but not sure what to spend it on. Is there another, more expensive unique chest that works better but may be out of budget for some? Farrul's Fur? Sporeguard? Something that one of you can recommend?

These exas are burning a hole in my pocket.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if Asenath's explosion stacks with Sporeguard's?
Last edited by cuorebrave on Oct 7, 2019, 11:39:48 AM
"
fichi wrote:
Belly of the beast for 6th link armor or cherrubim, or should I try to save and go for a custom one how I even craft one?

"
cuorebrave wrote:
Have 15ex to spend, but not sure what to spend it on. Is there another, more expensive unique chest that works better but may be out of budget for some? Farrul's Fur? Sporeguard? Something that one of you can recommend?

These exas are burning a hole in my pocket.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if Asenath's explosion stacks with Sporeguard's?

I think yes they would stack jsut try to keep your life around 5k, or you could go for..

ilvl 86+ Elder base and then just spam pristine fossil until you get

subbteranian and eldrich life mods, then t3+ life. T3 gives about the same about of life as belly. t1 and 2 more. the other mods on the rare are up to you, could be resists or some funky elder mod like the crit one. or add serrated in with prisine and go for -15cost of socketed skills.

twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 7, 2019, 11:50:59 AM
Hey, I just wanted advice on which should be the next/last upgrades (except Headhunter, I will do that last) I should go for. I got a lucky House of Mirrors drop and still have like 13-15 ex to spend. Right now my plan is to go for a nice Watcher's Eye, but I don't know which mods are the ones I should be looking for. I guess 21/20 or 20/23 gems would also be nice, but which is more important?

Also is there still a way to run level 1 Precision, or is it not that important?

Last edited by AFKGecko on Oct 7, 2019, 1:36:35 PM
"
AFKGecko wrote:
Hey, I just wanted advice on which should be the next/last upgrades (except Headhunter, I will do that last) I should go for. I got a lucky House of Mirrors drop and still have like 13-15 ex to spend. Right now my plan is to go for a nice Watcher's Eye, but I don't know which mods are the ones I should be looking for. I guess 21/20 or 20/23 gems would also be nice, but which is more important?

Also is there still a way to run level 1 Precision, or is it not that important?

Watcher's eye mods
+(18-22)% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence

(15-20)% increased Recovery rate of Life and Energy Shield while affected by Malevolence

(20-30)% increased Skill Effect Duration while affected by Malevolence

Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence

Unaffected by Poison while affected by Malevolence

Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage (10-15)% faster while affected by Malevolence

i think the only one that is not that great would be the increased recovery one.

Immune to poison is great because then you can take soul of ralakesh and be immune to blind and maim as well.

21/23 venom gyre and despair provide the big dps increases i think.

You could also try to get enough life/res from rings/belt and jewels to swtich helm to devoto's devotion or rat's nest.
And what about a level 1 Precision instead of Increased Duration for Vaal Haste? Then I could go for either Attack Speed or Flask Charges on Critical Strike as an additional Watcher's Eye mod.
"
AFKGecko wrote:
And what about a level 1 Precision instead of Increased Duration for Vaal Haste? Then I could go for either Attack Speed or Flask Charges on Critical Strike as an additional Watcher's Eye mod.

Yup you can do that. Another option would be to use rank 3 or 4 enlighten with malevolence(dropping empower from plague bearer) and then level up precision more until youre at a mana amount you can manage.

Great thing about taking precision is you can then also take some accuracy nodes from the passive tree and put them somewhere else. Just try to keep chance to hit evasive monstors at least 94% in game tab. 94-100% i dont notice any difference.

Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 7, 2019, 3:17:31 PM
I haven't played as much this league (just had a baby) so my funds in game are pretty low, so I've had to play a budget build of this so far. I'm still on a 5 link, still using a wasps nest, no extra curse annoitment yet, and already rocking T15 pretty hard so far. (1 exalt drop and haven't done any money making this league due to time constaints).

Some potential things you can do if you want (or try) if you are looking to rearrange some stuff, or don't have the full build budget yet (like me), or don't want to all in with some of these 6 link items for specific effects. You can pick and choose any of these as "alternatives" to free up gear slots for other things as you get your final gear.

Focus is a thing. You can get focus on Helm + Ring

Helm - 140% increased duration of Ailments you inflict while focused
Ring - Shock Nearby enemies for 4 seconds when focused

This gives you the same shock effectiveness as skitterbots (without needing the aura) and if you can get your duration of ailments past 12 seconds, you have 100% effectiveness of that buff since they will overlap. Even at 8 seconds it is still like 95% increased effectivess on the poison duration (if my math is right anyway). This lets you alternatively remove some duration from the tree and place it into life if you want.

This frees you up with another aura to squeeze in instead of skitterbots, like precision or HoA. (Unless you really love the chill from skitterbots)

You can use a
to get the shock AND for the -2 per corrupted item to reduce your mana costs, as it's pretty easy to get a few corrupted gear, like the shield, belt, ring, etc. Alternatively, you could find a flat one. I don't think you can combine these on a flat -X to cost ring, but alternatively, you can get those to reduce costs vs the chest.

You can get power charges by linking in a Power Charges on Crit to your whirling blades.

You can get the explosion effect with a Abyssal Cry gem, which scales with all of our Chaos damage anyway.

This does mean 1 or 2 active skills (focus + abyssal), but it does give flexibilty until you lock in which gear setup you want to go with.

Last edited by wakasm on Oct 7, 2019, 3:41:34 PM
I'm sorry if those questions are obvious but why not dual wielding and why skitterbot ? I thought those would be useful only for traps / mines.

Thanks for answers and thanks for keeping this build alive :)
I've gotten to endgame with Venom Gyre faster than ever. They are totally going to nerf this skill next league.

i craft my this helmet yesterday it sad that it doesnt have any resist but i think i will get aisling to veil it and get 2 more mod then it will increase hp and dps since the - chaos resistance

currently i put intelligence coz i got not enough int to wear my equipment need to change my ring

and here are now my full set

5k hp and 4xx ES
Last edited by neoxhero on Oct 7, 2019, 9:20:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info