3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

"
awesoweh wrote:
"
Rosashy wrote:
So a weird question, after i put my staff and pseudo 5 link helm my tooltip dps went down, is that normal? i'm quite new and i based my gear choices on that untill now

In-game tooltips lie all the time (to be fair PoB is not 100% either), but if you could make your characters tab available (it's in profile -> privacy settings afaik) we can figure out what's happening.

"
berial6 wrote:
I guess it would REALLY help if you at least mentioned Brand Recall- it's just a life saver while clearing. So far i have ~1k mana (270 after all aurasas), my Brand costs 71 mana per use, which means that i cast 4 or 5 and i'm out of mana. Using brands only when they start to disappear and cosntantly dashing->recalling is just a better option, because recall costs 30 mana and instantly spawns all 4/5 of the brands. Also, it's a perfect "oh shiet button', i haven't seen the pack of mobs or mini-boss that would survive it.

Also, to everyone that wonders what the hell is that Brand dps- the game is off, A LOT. It doesn't take into concideration a lot of factors, including frequency or "brand deals +x% damage to enemy it's attached to", not to mention burning.
So far it shows 5-7k, but it surely does more than your avarage plain skill with ~50k.
So far i'm in love with this build. It's your perfect "cast once or twice and don't worry, everything will burn". Sometimes i don't even notice the boss i branded and dashed away already died.

Brand Recall has been discussed quite a few times in the thread, i'll clean up the initial post eventually. My view on it is that it's useful during leveling but it leads to developing bad habits (running into things) that'll bite you in the ass late game, so I'm not a big fan. But if it works for you, then by all means have at it.

Oh, i see. Path of Psychology
1.Whats your opinion on:
1.a -Loreweave
1.b -Duskdawn

2. Which golem is better for damage:
2.a -ice
2.b -flame
This build REALLY struggles with mana to be honest
"

Not at all. Just get a mana flask that has 'flask effect is not removed at full mana'
can you kill awakener of worlds with this build?
"
Akorius wrote:
"

Not at all. Just get a mana flask that has 'flask effect is not removed at full mana'

for sure, the build struggles with mana, if you have a flask it's better, but I'd lean towards one that can sustain while using defensive flasks as it's already lower life that normal life builds would be without stacking mom, or evasion or anything like that
"
berial6 wrote:

Oh, i see. Path of Psychology

I chuckled ngl, it's not that important for SC obviously, but it still took me a minute to adjust. Used recall quite a bit during leveling too.

"
Akorius wrote:
1.Whats your opinion on:
1.a -Loreweave
1.b -Duskdawn

2. Which golem is better for damage:
2.a -ice
2.b -flame

Loreweave isn't bad, but it ain't great either. Ideally we'd want the best possible max res roll on it, but it will cost you. And if you are willing to invest that much into the build, might as well grab kaom's instead I guess. Or better yet find (or craft) a shaper influenced chest with +1 level of active socketed skills and 100% reduced elemental reflect (good life and res rolls too obviously).

Duskdawn is not good for this build I'm afraid, spell damage doesn't affect ignite.

For golems - I'd go with flame (keep it within the theme and it's a better option out of the two, since we have a crit on demand in form of a Orb of Storms setup).

"
Blakwhysper wrote:

On paper - sure, but a hybrid flask takes care of all the issues + it doubles as a crutch for no-regen maps. Besides this build doesn't really need another flask slot, we run 4 defensive flasks as it is, with Quartz one being there just for the phasing really. Which will be swapped for Cinderswallow in the late game anyway and Rumi's will just take Granite's spot (naturally) leaving us with 3 main immunities covered (curses, bleeding and freezing).

"
rezzet wrote:
can you kill awakener of worlds with this build?

If you know the mechanics well enough, sure why not. This build is really decent for bossing, despite not looking like much on paper. The dps might not be amazing for current health pools but it's steady and doesn't require any real upkeep or involvement beyond reapplying brands every 10 seconds or so. Which is really huge and one of the reasons why totems/minions/dot builds are so good right now, you actually have time to manually dodge things without gimping your DPS in the process.
Last edited by awesoweh on Dec 31, 2019, 1:43:10 AM
"
Blakwhysper wrote:

Get an Enduring Eternal Mana Flask (of Iron Skin, or whatever suffix you need like Heat or Staunching).
**Deleted, made wrong statements on the build due to my own mistake. Deleted cause I don't want to make build followers feel uncomfortable. Old posts can be still looked up in author quotes :)
Last edited by Akorius on Jan 7, 2020, 1:48:27 PM
ive added gangs momentum to the build, and damage is plenty in red maps...no watchers eye, @ 86.

worth noting no resists on boots makes itemizing gloves and belt slightly more expensive.

this build destroyed the uberlab at lvl 70, and is pretty good

the flask that doesnt lose effect at full mana is nice, and trivializes the mana issue as well.

ive explored the idea of shaper gloves with "socketed gems are supported by lvl X mana leech" for a link with orb of storms also fixing the mana issue, but thats also taking it out of the super budget category

so far, i have zero issue in upper red maps, on about 4ex investment, which is a fraction of my other builds, so still super cheap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info