3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

Hello !

Firstly, i would like to thank you for your guide. I followed yours as a starter (that i'll invest in as much i can) for the new league (i didn't played since my armaggedon elementalist on betrayal) and i really enjoy it. And i've no problem for clearing any maps for now (except reflect urgh), i'll see how i'm doing when i reach red ones.
Arma is still the best for bossing imo though compared to storm brand

I have a couple of questions for you and i apologize if they were already asked :

- What do you think that would be our optimal anointment on amulet?
- Should i try to increase my fire damage through my tree in my current level (84) or focus on life nodes (such as the ones with %chaos resist and % max hp). What lenght of hp should i aim ? Right now i'm at 4000
- How do you use orb of storm when you are clearing a map
- What do you think about brand recall by the way in the build?
- Same question for support burning damage ^^
Last edited by YasuoZeo on Dec 23, 2019, 6:00:35 PM
"
YasuoZeo wrote:
Hello !

Firstly, i would like to thank you for your guide. I followed yours as a starter (that i'll invest in as much i can) for the new league (i didn't played since my armaggedon elementalist on betrayal) and i really enjoy it. And i've no problem for clearing any maps for now (except reflect urgh), i'll see how i'm doing when i reach red ones.
Arma is still the best for bossing imo though compared to storm brand

I have a couple of questions for you and i apologize if they were already asked :

- What do you think that would be our optimal anointment on amulet?
- Should i try to increase my fire damage through my tree in my current level (84) or focus on life nodes (such as the ones with %chaos resist and % max hp). What lenght of hp should i aim ? Right now i'm at 4000
- How do you use orb of storm when you are clearing a map
- What do you think about brand recall by the way in the build?
- Same question for support burning damage ^^

Glad you are enjoying it mate.

- Entropy is an alright cheap option, Burning Brutality too as far as damage is concerned. And Constitution is hard to beat for a defensive option (but it'll cost you).

- I'd focus on HP at that level, the damage we get from the tree per point (aside from DoT multipliers) is pretty minimal. 5k+ hp is a decent number to aim for, you likely won't be able to run into packs at higher tiers and some metamorph combos might feel quite rippy (especially with chaos based attacks) but it is what it is, everyone but juggs/10k+ es builds (and even that won't be enough for some bosses) have to bob and weave nowadays.

- I only use OOS on bosses, packs should explode as it is.

- Brand recall is fine early on + it gives you a little bit of burst on the initial jump, but later in the game it's not particularly useful given the rippy nature of the game in its current state.

- Not sure what exactly are you asking, but we get it from pseudo 5(6)-link helmets. However if you can afford a 6-link armor or weapon you should definitely put it in, afaik it's the biggest dps increase we get from support gems.
Checking in again real quick.

The build was fun and surprisingly good at killing things, but I ripped to a Metamorph in Act 10 and I really didn't feel like doing it again cause levelling is atrocious this league.

That said, the build feels strong. It's this league that feels way off mark with the mob stats. I was able to melt pretty much anything up to that point, but that one Metamorph just straight up wouldn't die.

Remember, this was on a 6 link AB.

I can only assume therefore that end-game bosses would also take quite long to kill.
Would anybody like some... POUNDCAKE?
"
Agilaz wrote:
Checking in again real quick.

The build was fun and surprisingly good at killing things, but I ripped to a Metamorph in Act 10 and I really didn't feel like doing it again cause levelling is atrocious this league.

That said, the build feels strong. It's this league that feels way off mark with the mob stats. I was able to melt pretty much anything up to that point, but that one Metamorph just straight up wouldn't die.

Remember, this was on a 6 link AB.

I can only assume therefore that end-game bosses would also take quite long to kill.

Aye the damage and bloat spikes are very similar to betrayal in its early days. Influenced mobs (even whites) and Metamorphs are the biggest offenders so far, with honorary mentions going to Legion screening rares (spears and such).

I was running an Arakaali assassin for shits and giggles, melted everything till one metamorph just smacked me with what I assume was a 5k+ chaos attack, I couldn't even see it coming because he switched forms and had that glitchy thing going on at the time. Tapped out right there and then, might sit this league out, unless some tuning will happen down the line.
Last edited by awesoweh on Dec 24, 2019, 1:01:20 PM
How do you summon scorching ray totem if we take Rundebinder (-1 to maximum number of summoned totems) ?
"
Darkussea wrote:
How do you summon scorching ray totem if we take Rundebinder (-1 to maximum number of summoned totems) ?

Multiple Totems Support - gives 2 extra totems, so it evens out.
First of all: thank you for this build! Very strong, very smooth to play, and ridiculously cheap for what it does.

I have a question: why use the "6-link helmet" instead of just using the 6-link staff? Is it just to save currency or is there another reason I am missing?

Edit: Also trying to get rid of Mana Flask. Suggestions?
Last edited by Freakey_ on Dec 26, 2019, 11:04:08 PM
Hey, so i'm planning on doing this build, but i'm a bit insecure about it's damage on this league, any feedback about it? ther are any videos of the build's showcase?
Last edited by KronusGH on Dec 27, 2019, 6:03:14 AM
"
Freakey_ wrote:
First of all: thank you for this build! Very strong, very smooth to play, and ridiculously cheap for what it does.

I have a question: why use the "6-link helmet" instead of just using the 6-link staff? Is it just to save currency or is there another reason I am missing?

Edit: Also trying to get rid of Mana Flask. Suggestions?

Glad you are enjoying it mate.

6-link helmet is for the sake of keeping things super budget yeah. A proper 6-link is going to outperform it every time (on gem quality and levels alone).

As far as opening up a flask slot, it's worth looking into new modifiers provided by guardian-shaped items on PoEDB, likely there's something that can help you out.

"
KronusGH wrote:
Hey, so i'm planning on doing this build, but i'm a bit insecure about it's damage on this league, any feedback about it? ther are any videos of the build's showcase?

Don't worry you won't notice a thing till mid-late red maps, by that time you'll have enough currency to invest into build a bit and getting a 6-link / Cinderswallow will net you a mill - mill and a half of steady deeps which should be enough to cover everything except the most busted metamorphs, but almost everyone struggles against those, so yeah.

Check out one of the latest Mathil videos where he was running a Puncture Gladatior, he had around 1.5 mil dps and the build plays somewhat similarly, just keep the dots rolling, keep your distance, dodge them telegraphed attacks and you'll be fine.
Really liking the build so far, I'm currently lvl 70. What other items could improve the build? Example Kaom's Heart. Also, I'm not sure i understand why you suggested that late game amulet. It seems that this amulet have synergy when you use multiple aliments. Thank you for your help and awsome build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info