[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
evolite wrote:
Hey gang, i found this cluster that gives unholy might on critical hit, took out Dismembering to make it fit.

It basically means Unholy Might has 100% uptime, that's like a second Hatred, no?

Anyway, seems really strong, thoughts? (30% of physical damage as extra chaos damage.)

I got this, in PoB it shows that i get like 1k more damage.Altough I'm not sure its right.
Spoiler
"
evolite wrote:
Hey gang, i found this cluster that gives unholy might on critical hit, took out Dismembering to make it fit.

It basically means Unholy Might has 100% uptime, that's like a second Hatred, no?

Anyway, seems really strong, thoughts? (30% of physical damage as extra chaos damage.)

Looking at your profile and everything looks decent. I would definitely say don't give up Dismembering, but it looks like you pulled it from other spots, like life and Sleight of Hand. The other jewel in that cluster is only 2 stats though, you could regret those 2 points and get Sleight of Hand again. Test in PoB of course, but Sleight of Hand is 20% damage and 8% speed, it's likely better. But yes, absolutely, Unholy Might would be up nearly 100% which is a big upgrade. Still trying to roll something like that myself.

On second thought, it still doesn't look like Unholy Might is worth 5 passives to get. That's the thing with these clusters, you have to spend so many points on trash passives just to get to the notables. Play with it in PoB, but it doesn't look great. Make sure you toggle Unholy Might on and off yourself, just allocating the notable will not do that.
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 18, 2020, 6:14:25 PM
"
Chnams wrote:
Hi, I've been running your build as a league starter and it's working relatively well so far (although delirium is super rippy). What do you think of using Bloodlust in your DS links instead of Fortify and getting Fortify with whirling blades or leap slam (whatever movement skill you use) since you use Chance to Bleed on totems? So, double strike wouldn't be able to proc bleeds, but since you pop your totems on bosses anyways, they would apply bleed and then Bloodlust would give a massive damage bonus to Double Strike.
Bloodlust roughly give 20% more damage than fortify, with the only caveat being that you can't apply blood yourself, but the totems could do that instead.
Does that sound viable at all?

Not recommended at all, in fact, I've tried this before, when Bloodlust first released, in 3.0 I think, or it was earlier. Having to use leap slam or a totem to proc teh bleed is super bad, because then you have to resummon or leap again every 3 seconds and spend time on the animation. Super clunky and not worth it.
Having trouble figuring out why my DPS is so low. Do you think my MH is garbage? I know you stress 1.85+ attack speed.
I struggle with a lack of damage to bosses. I can't kill Baran or Drox without dying because my potions and Vaal skills are wasted. Do you know how to deal with this? Are 6 links for double strike necessary? I have just 4 ex and few chaoses to spend and don't know what should I upgrade in the first place
Last edited by mefistofx on Mar 18, 2020, 7:39:07 PM
"
thebrutang wrote:
Having trouble figuring out why my DPS is so low. Do you think my MH is garbage? I know you stress 1.85+ attack speed.

Yes, it is garbage. As is the amulet. Search for uncorrupted amulets. Talismans are useless unless they were anointed first. Having Ambidexterity or Tribal Fury on your amulet is vital. Ambi is cheap. You also need more phys damage on rings and more life on all pieces. Gloves need attack speed of 10%+. You can also pick up Atziri's Promise for a few chaos. Replace the low life belt asap. And cut some passives to get all of Acrobatics nodes, 40/30 dodge is essential to survivability. Lots you can do yet :)
"
mefistofx wrote:
I struggle with a lack of damage to bosses. I can't kill Baran or Drox without dying because my potions and Vaal skills are wasted. Do you know how to deal with this? Are 6 links for double strike necessary? I have just 4 ex and few chaoses to spend and don't know what should I upgrade in the first place

2 major things. Your weapons aren't 20% quality. You have no accuracy anywhere at all, so your accuracy is probably 85% or something. Next, is just practice.

The Ancestral Warchief totem is 12 seconds. The Vaal AWC totem is 6 seconds, that's next. Then, pop Vaal Double Strike, aka the doubles (the boys), then your 4 damage pots (or just 3 if you haven't gotten a 4th yet). Get good at doing all of this as quickly as possible.

1. Totem
2. Vaal Totem
3. Boys
4. pots
5. Finally start dpsing yourself til it's dead.
Thanks for the guide! This is my first league and im having a blast!

What would you say my next upgrade would be?
"
Marfen wrote:

You could use a few things.

Getting Fortify boots will increase the potency of your Flicker Strike.

A CoH Assassin's Mark Shaper ring will also greatly boost your damage to most targets.

I don't see a lot of Accuracy on your gear there, I don't know what your hit-chance is, but it probably needs work.

Also I would pull some points out of your Scion life wheel for now, and invest them into finishing the Acrobatics tree. 30% spell dodge is a whole lot more useful than a pair of life nodes.

Also consider getting a Lion's Roar and/or Taste of Hate flask. You shouldn't need that mana flask with the sole leech node able to cover all your mana issues, except in No Leech maps, which you should be rerolling anyways.
Last edited by Verdale on Mar 18, 2020, 9:06:48 PM
"
Verdale wrote:
"
Marfen wrote:

You could use a few things.

Getting Fortify boots will increase the potency of your Flicker Strike.

A CoH Assassin's Mark Shaper ring will also greatly boost your damage to most targets.

I don't see a lot of Accuracy on your gear there, I don't know what your hit-chance is, but it probably needs work.

Also I would pull some points out of your Scion life wheel for now, and invest them into finishing the Acrobatics tree. 30% spell dodge is a whole lot more useful than a pair of life nodes.

Also consider getting a Lion's Roar and/or Taste of Hate flask. You shouldn't need that mana flask with the sole leech node able to cover all your mana issues, except in No Leech maps, which you should be rerolling anyways.

This is pretty accurate, but I see you have fortify boots already. Accuracy would be great, but getting the ass mark shaper ring is more important. And start saving for your 6 link Belly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info