[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
evolite wrote:
Great guide, i do enjoy flicker strike.

One thing is about large clusters, have you thought about what cluster you would need in order to reconsider some decisions in the tree?

you would htink that gems like this could be useful somehow

I've played with a few jewels in PoB and none seems very worth it. The double damage ones are decent. If you can get a 4 stat jewel with 2 good notables and have multi and life on the passives, it could be worth. I will worry more about those once I hit 90+.
"
InQaaa wrote:
looks like flicker good..
until delirium up - budget gear can't handle with long fight in delirium

ok, probably my gear not good enough and low lvl - but i cant imagine what insane gear need to fight in fog over t10 map.

Don't stay in delirium all day, it can slow you to nothing and kill your life/mana regen. But yeah, you can make some cheap upgrades for sure. You should have gotten a diamond flask ages ago, and atziri's promise is cheap.
"
Orzi wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Orzi wrote:
I have been looking at going daggers instead of swords... using nightblade support.

How viable do you think this could be?

Daggers are the worst though, and while Nightblade does sound amazing, it messes up interaction with Mistwalker Elusive, like you get the benefits of one but not the other. Daggers will be pricey and the passives aren't as good, but you could make it work if you just enjoy them regardless. Swords > claws > daggers for this build and melee in general, imho.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Any suggestions on armour mods for Flicker if you want to replace fortify?

Armour mods? And why replace fortify?
"
nateirl wrote:
Hi.
Trying ur build now. Very satisfied by overall clearing speed and DPS (even with DW bug lul), but i have troubles with survivability. T2 (74 lvl i believe) crusader just 2-shots me, same about Atziri. Ok, i can get pantheon, uberlab ascendancy, better life rolls, link fortify to double strike and everything, but it wont upgrade my survivability by 300-500%+++ to be enough for, lets say, t15+\shaper\elder, not speaking about Sirus.

How should i survive in lategame?

And another question. If i someday get to uber-uberlategame, should i aim on getting The Savior+Paradoxica, HH and all this uberpriced stuff?

Thanks!

I've never had that overpriced stuff. Getting to 5k life will help a lot, idk what you're at now, but it will come together. I've killed all the conquerors and I am still in kinda lousy gear. Just pop flasks and totem and they die before they can hardly attack. 4921 life right now.

Replace one sword with a foil asap to fix the dw bug.
Spoiler
"
mefistofx wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:

You need life and multi on your amulet. You have splash on DS but not on Flicker, that is backwards. DS is single target, Flicker is for clearing. For your 5 link, make it 4 reds 1 green. Flicker-melee(or fort)-multi-splash-call. Seriously, without Melee Splash on Flicker, your clear will be complete shit.

Get more physical damage and life on your gear. Get a silver flask anywhere, and get an Atziri's Promise flask for like 3 chaos. Replace the swords when able. Also, I said this in the guide couple times, Aspect of the Panther and Weapon Artistry are lousy, take them absolutely LAST, if EVER. Regret those 4 points and push into marauder area to Strong Arm.

What a shame... Accidentally I swap flicker with dd...
I bought amulet, all flasks and feel alive now. Also, I changed Aspet and Artistry as you mentioned. So what item should I replace now - swords or something else?

What should I look for swords? Looking for something cheap right now, some 10c/each -> https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/dVZqJQoUJ

Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Increased Physical Damage
Adds XX to XX Physical Damage
5% increased Attack Speed

For 5-link I should play with flicker or stay with dd?

Thank you for all tips, you are really helpful

Just search for 250+ pdps, 5.5% crit and 1.8 aps. Like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/YybgYYviY
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 16, 2020, 2:10:10 PM
"

U have nothing to throw away to put that 4-link def setup. Idk what u threw away, but anyway thats a huge dps loss.

By the way we can remove portal and make 4-link leap slam with endurance charge on stun. A bit more defence.

I basically removed the mobility, and faster attacks from the ancestral warchief. i only have dash. You can see my setup in my profile

its not fastest, but, while im gearing up now, dying is a lot slower than anything else.

got a pretty cool sword too, so my dual strike is cool now and i no longer have to remove fast attacks.
Last edited by evolite on Mar 16, 2020, 2:25:55 PM
"
WypasPL wrote:
Its very nice build, thanks for sharing and improving it, clearing speed is great, but i lack at single target dps ;/ at t14-16 its take a lot of time to get down boss. Using vaal double strike helps a bit but its not a solution.. Can you look at my stuff and tell me what to change first ;)

btw. this build works great against delirum mechanic ;D

Your gear is decent, idk why dps would be an issue. You're not trying to kill bosses with flicker, are you?
Spoiler
"
evolite wrote:
"

U have nothing to throw away to put that 4-link def setup. Idk what u threw away, but anyway thats a huge dps loss.

By the way we can remove portal and make 4-link leap slam with endurance charge on stun. A bit more defence.

I basically removed the mobility, and faster attacks from the ancestral warchief. i only have dash. You can see my setup in my profile

its not fastest, but, while im gearing up now, dying is a lot slower than anything else.

got a pretty cool sword too, so my dual strike is cool now and i no longer have to remove fast attacks.

Double Strike needs a 4 link at least. You should be moving around with Leap Slam with faster attacks and blood magic, not dash. Have a look at the gear and gems section.
"
roguemjb wrote:
Spoiler
"
evolite wrote:
"

Double Strike needs a 4 link at least. You should be moving around with Leap Slam with faster attacks and blood magic, not dash. Have a look at the gear and gems section.

the sword gives lv20 rthless and lv18 multistrike, and lv20 poison support. Thought it was nice. As we already want 2 of those in our setup.

I respect the guide, but i can't help trying to be different :P
Last edited by evolite on Mar 16, 2020, 3:14:34 PM
Can you take a look at my gem setup and tell me what I’m doing wrong? I see you have steel skin on in your clear videos but I don’t see that gem in your guides. Is having the 4 link for ancestral totem importal? Do you ever drop the normal totem or only the Vaal version. Right now I’m not using the 4 link totem and using a CWDT setup i also don’t run ice golem because it dies so much this league I am hit capped without it.
Last edited by Gamite on Mar 16, 2020, 3:27:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info