[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
datffarmer wrote:
hey how about a new mod on the boots (gain tailwind on crit) what do you think about it?

Is that coming in 3.9? If so, hell yes, it sounds awesome. I am kinda worried about 3.9 in general because of there will be a huge decrease in Shaper/Elder items, which means getting the Shaper ring with Assassin's Mark on hit will be very expensive, same with getting Fortify on the boots. We also don't know yet about getting anointments on amulets. It will probably be a more expensive league in general.
THIS JUST IN:

New mod in 3.9 on gloves: 'Strike skills target 1 additional nearby enemy', this will be a solid alternative to putting Tribal Fury on your amulet, since Tribal Fury costs a Golden Oil, which will be super rare and expensive. Best news yet!
Btw its dual wielding so what do you think about swap double strike for dual strike?
no cwdt + immortal call?
i've made some changes starting as scion...

with the same level and items from your pastebin, i've managed to get

MY DPS: 6.786.513 vs 5.473.900
MY HP: 7,088 vs 6917
My Evasion: 5,869 vs 4048
Obs: extra 8% res to all elements, giving space to get more evasion or damage on equips.

am i missing something or it looks better? could you check it?

POB: https://pastebin.com/6vZkgMhw

do you think the 5 points to get to swagger would be worth it? more block and chance for endurance and frenzy on block
"
Vegas169 wrote:
Btw its dual wielding so what do you think about swap double strike for dual strike?

No, and Dual Strike was my first love in this game, but Double Strike has surpassed it in multiple ways. Dual Strike requires a threshold gem to be viable, which means losing health and other stats. In the melee rework patch of 3.7, I tried really hard to see if it could be better than Double Strike, but the real kicker is the new 'less attack speed' multiplier that makes it feel even more sluggish than it was. Dual Strike doesn't require bleeding however, so in that sense it is more consistent, but that's all it has going for it.

Lastly, Double Strike hits twice per attack which makes it feel more than twice as fast, which makes makes it awfully hard to give up :D
Last edited by roguemjb on Dec 8, 2019, 4:01:06 PM
"
ericlala wrote:
no cwdt + immortal call?

Nope, not since the Immortal Call rework, it's not worth the sockets anymore. It used to be awesome paired with the Soul of Arakaali pantheon for huge life recovery because IC would pause degen from Blood Rage, but no longer. IC itself is pretty unimpressive now. The sockets are better used for other things imo.

If you're playing Hardcore, then of course it is still a good idea, but there are other defense skills, new and reworked, that might be a good choice also.
Last edited by roguemjb on Dec 8, 2019, 4:47:12 PM
"
ericlala wrote:
do you think the 5 points to get to swagger would be worth it? more block and chance for endurance and frenzy on block

Worth 5 points? Nope, not worth it at all. 3 points, maybe. The extra block chance is nice, and if you're playing HC and investing into block chance, then I could see it. But we rarely get hit at all with all the dodge we stack, and clearing so fast with Flicker, I doubt you would ever see more than 1 endurance charge at a time. 10% chance to get a charge on block, when our block chance with it is 25%, so of the hits that we don't dodge, 2.5% of those will grant a charge.

This might be fun to test out, but I don't see it being remotely viable unless you removed Acrobatics and invested heavily into block chance.

Edit: Hey GGG, how about some more 'on dodge' mechanics?
Last edited by roguemjb on Dec 9, 2019, 2:01:26 AM
Any thoughts on playing this as a league starter for 3.9 ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info