[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
krobeN1337 wrote:
sup guys. thank you matt for this build. wouldnt have thought melee could be this fun. im lvl 91 now and i can clear t12s relatively easy. but i feel like i've hit a mental wall in terms of what to upgrade next/upgrade priorities.
I run around with 350pDps foils and it feels like bosses just laugh at me. I dont know how to link all my items into this comment like everyone else does so i just pop my PoB/character in here

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/krobeN1337/characters?characterName=teamseshhh

https://pastebin.com/v8h3ibYD

I have about 16 ex to spend but i just dont know the best way to spend them. thank you in advance, i'll happily take everyones advice.

I took a look at your build - just take note that I am still a new player myself, so I haven't grasped the full potential of the build (and game mechanics) myself.

- Your `crit multiplier` is kinda low. For more dps you want to have it on as many gear you can get it on, so try to get some weapons and amulet with it. Aim for a +30% mod.

- You're using the wrong type of gloves.

- Not sure about the belt. Having a stygian with an abysal jewel (again with crit-multiplier mod) can make some difference, but might be lower priority for now. Test it yourself with PoB after you changed the other stuff.

- Getting some Boots for Fortify helps with Flicker (when the related gems are socketed into the boots).

- Getting `Tribal Fury` on the amulett is something the creator of this build always suggests (but I haven't been able to do that yet)

- Interesting to see that none of your gems have reached level 20 yet (I guess you switched them rahter late). Your gem-setup looks a bit different from the build, but it looks like the relevant gems are all there. You should als try to get quality gems at least for all gems related to `Flicker` (Helmet) and `Double Strike` (Chest).

- Nice enchanment on the helmet (I still had no luck with a decent one myself). Your boots are still missing one, so you might want to try running the Uber-Lab once more if a decent one pops up.

- If you can get a jewel with at least 5% life consider replacing on of the life-nodes with it.

Last edited by katuwrat on Feb 16, 2020, 6:33:15 AM
"
katuwrat wrote:
"
krobeN1337 wrote:
sup guys. thank you matt for this build. wouldnt have thought melee could be this fun. im lvl 91 now and i can clear t12s relatively easy. but i feel like i've hit a mental wall in terms of what to upgrade next/upgrade priorities.
I run around with 350pDps foils and it feels like bosses just laugh at me. I dont know how to link all my items into this comment like everyone else does so i just pop my PoB/character in here

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/krobeN1337/characters?characterName=teamseshhh

https://pastebin.com/v8h3ibYD

I have about 16 ex to spend but i just dont know the best way to spend them. thank you in advance, i'll happily take everyones advice.

I took a look at your build - just take note that I am still a new player myself, so I haven't grasped the full potential of the build (and game mechanics) myself.

- Your `crit multiplier` is kinda low. For more dps you want to have it on as many gear you can get it on, so try to get some weapons and amulet with it. Aim for a +30% mod.

- You're using the wrong type of gloves.

- Not sure about the belt. Having a stygian with an abysal jewel (again with crit-multiplier mod) can make some difference, but might be lower priority for now. Test it yourself with PoB after you changed the other stuff.

- Getting some Boots for Fortify helps with Flicker (when the related gems are socketed into the boots).

- Getting `Tribal Fury` on the amulett is something the creator of this build always suggests (but I haven't been able to do that yet)

- Interesting to see that none of your gems have reached level 20 yet (I guess you switched them rahter late). Your gem-setup looks a bit different from the build, but it looks like the relevant gems are all there. You should als try to get quality gems at least for all gems related to `Flicker` (Helmet) and `Double Strike` (Chest).

- Nice enchanment on the helmet (I still had no luck with a decent one myself). Your boots are still missing one, so you might want to try running the Uber-Lab once more if a decent one pops up.

- If you can get a jewel with at least 5% life consider replacing on of the life-nodes with it.

-i'll look for some 350ish pDps foils with crit multi and maybe 10% as extra chaos damage on them, but im sure they'll cost me a fortune :D

-wrong type of gloves? you mean the base? its not really important isnt it? unless it has atkspeed, phys damage and accuracy on it it should be fine afaik

-i've thought about a stygian but i think its too expensive considering where it gets me, i think i need to focus on other stuff first.

-getting the tailwind fortify boots is def what i'll be going for right after the foils

-getting tribal fury is somewhat expensive aswell. i want to anoint it on an amulet that is worth to anoint it to. getting life, resists, int, phys damage and crit multi all on one amulet will be expensive aswell i think

-they arent level 20 yet cuz i respec'd from a coc ice nova assassin yeah, but i think my gem setup is an exact copy of the builds gem setup. (havent anointed tribal fury yet so the flicker might be different idk)

-the enchant was an ex, thought its a good deal :D

-will look into a rare jewel, although a hatred crit watchers eye shouldnt be too expensive afaik

thanks for the answer, appreciate the help!

"
krobeN1337 wrote:

-wrong type of gloves? you mean the base? its not really important isnt it? unless it has atkspeed, phys damage and accuracy on it it should be fine afaik

Seems I am still using the PoB-Build from the Blight League. The implict ~20% Melee Damage from the `Spiked Gloves` is a nice to have, but it seems this League Build the gloves were adjusted/simplified? (not sure whether there are other reasons behind that).

"
krobeN1337 wrote:

-they arent level 20 yet cuz i respec'd from a coc ice nova assassin yeah, but i think my gem setup is an exact copy of the builds gem setup. (havent anointed tribal fury yet so the flicker might be different idk)

You changed the setup a bit, by having `Flicker` on your Helmet instead of the Boots. Instead you put `Ancestral Warchief` there, which at least looks like a viable option to me - haven't tried that myself.
You also skipped `Whirling Blades` but thats only used for faster movement.

"
krobeN1337 wrote:

-will look into a rare jewel, although a hatred crit watchers eye shouldnt be too expensive afaik

A normal crimson jewel should be just fine and much cheaper (at least for now).

You'll find my latest PoB link a few post ahead of yours - I am currently sitting at ~2.8m Damage. At least one of my weapons is worse than the ones you currently have, but both were relatively cheap (less than 1 ex each, but I still need(ed) to spend some currency on crafting some mods on them to make them (more) viable)

Compared to your setup I am a bit short on Accuracy ...

"
katuwrat wrote:
"
krobeN1337 wrote:

Seems I am still using the PoB-Build from the Blight League. The implict ~20% Melee Damage from the `Spiked Gloves` is a nice to have, but it seems this League Build the gloves were adjusted/simplified? (not sure whether there are other reasons behind that).

"
krobeN1337 wrote:

You changed the setup a bit, by having `Flicker` on your Helmet instead of the Boots. Instead you put `Ancestral Warchief` there, which at least looks like a viable option to me - haven't tried that myself.
You also skipped `Whirling Blades` but thats only used for faster movement.

"
krobeN1337 wrote:

A normal crimson jewel should be just fine and much cheaper (at least for now).

You'll find my latest PoB link a few post ahead of yours - I am currently sitting at ~2.8m Damage. At least one of my weapons is worse than the ones you currently have, but both were relatively cheap (less than 1 ex each, but I still need(ed) to spend some currency on crafting some mods on them to make them (more) viable)

Compared to your setup I am a bit short on Accuracy ...

im not running flicker in my current boots because i dont have fortify on them, so it doesnt make a difference if i put flicker in my helmet or boots

i changed both my weapons for 350+ pDps with crit multi in pob and i only get like 100k dps more. thought weapons are the biggest increase in dps or am i missing smth? i mean im clearly missing out on smth significant but i just cant figure out what the hell it is. (with other swords i'll still have 100% hit chance, so it cant be the hit chance thats decreasing my dps)

got the fortify tailwind boots now and an amulet that is tribal fury worthy, i think.

next up would be a stygian vise (life & resists would suffice? or do i need to look out for other mods aswell?) plus 2 crit multi jewels, 1 for the tree one for the belt.
"
i mean im clearly missing out on smth significant but i just cant figure out what the hell it is.

The most significant thing I found is in your configuration.
You're looking at `Shaper/Guardian` DPS while I am looking at normal DPS.

Also in the passive tree next to `Dismembering` you choose `Crit Chance` instead of `Crit Multiplier`.

(Just looking at Double Strike dps)
- Changed Config: 1.88m dps
- Quality Gems (Level 20): 2.16m dps
- Adjusted Tree: 2.20m dps
- Fake 30% Mult Mods on Weapons + Amulet,
+20% Meelee Damge on Gloves : 2.70m pds

Thats pretty close to mine. I myself still try to figure out where the other 2.5m damage are supposed to come from. For my build parts of that would be due to:

- Maim on Chest (+500k)
- Better Weapons (+600k)
- Double Strike Enchanment (+500k)
- Tribal Fury (+40k / rather small, but I guess PoB only calculates single target damage and this one is more effective against multiple enemies)

Besides Tribal Fury, none of that is really available to me, but I would still miss another mill of dps.

Last edited by katuwrat on Feb 16, 2020, 11:39:53 AM
"
katuwrat wrote:
"
i mean im clearly missing out on smth significant but i just cant figure out what the hell it is.

The most significant thing I found is in your configuration.
You're looking at `Shaper/Guardian` DPS while I am looking at normal DPS.

oh ok. yeah that makes sense now. its on normal dps in matts pob aswell.

"
katuwrat wrote:
"
Also in the passive tree next to `Dismembering` you choose `Crit Chance` instead of `Crit Multiplier`.

yeah i fucked that one up and had no regrets left. said to myself that i will change that up later and completely forgot about it. thanks for reminding me :D
Heya, I am glad to see you helping each other out while I haven't been as active on here recently. If you shoot me a PoB, I'd be happy to have a look. I will be more and more active coming up to the new league to field questions and improve the guide.
Been with the char for a while and adjusted some items and I am dealing 17.6m shaper damage. done all the content. solid and love the build <3 thanks!

Hi there! So i'm now lvl 93 and enjoying the build more than ever, the elder was such a piece of cake
But now i'm a bit struggling with my build, i'd like to improve my damages, but dunno what I should go for ...

So here is my current gear :

Spoiler

I'm about to change my current belt for a stygian vise, my weapons aren't the best but i didnt found anything better (standard league)
My goal is to kill the uber elder for the first time and i'd like to archieve this with my assassin. Survavibility is kinda ok but i still need 3 more life nods.
So maybe do you have any advice to improve my gear before the big fight against uber elder ?

Here is also my POB if you want to check : https://pastebin.com/BG4KEarB

PS : I've trained a lot against the shaper and elder (also looted the celestial hideout!)
Last edited by FezuPapa on Feb 17, 2020, 6:17:20 AM
"
FezuPapa wrote:
Hi there! So i'm now lvl 93 and enjoying the build more than ever, the elder was such a piece of cake
But now i'm a bit struggling with my build, i'd like to improve my damages, but dunno what I should go for ...

So here is my current gear :

Spoiler

I'm about to change my current belt for a stygian vise, my weapons aren't the best but i didnt found anything better (standard league)
My goal is to kill the uber elder for the first time and i'd like to archieve this with my assassin. Survavibility is kinda ok but i still need 3 more life nods.
So maybe do you have any advice to improve my gear before the big fight against uber elder ?

Here is also my POB if you want to check : https://pastebin.com/BG4KEarB

PS : I've trained a lot against the shaper and elder (also looted the celestial hideout!)

I'd say gloves first. Get a pair with attack speed and some added physical damage and 70+ life. Resists are good too. Then replace your ring and ammy with better physical damage and try for really great resists. Get a vermillion ring if possible for the base. Then the belt and try for high life and strength on it. Get a Starkonja helm with a good double strike enchant on it if possible and replace that 290 dps sword. If you can find solid upgrades for all those, UElder should be much more forgiving. Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info