(Ranged) Blight monsters attack foes which are not directly in their path.

Still totally broken.

For some curious reason when you are playing minions builds the mobs doesn't stack-shot... I'm still testing, but there's something very wrong with the mob AI when you are not playing minions
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
I feel like this topic has been silently marked 'solved'.

While the mechanics outlined in the original bug report turned out to not be a bug at all but a radical change to a core league mechanic not relayed to players, the underlying issue of being nuked by blight mobs while players are not in-lane remains an issue. The method in-which this issue occurs seems like a bug.

It seems like this is yet another problem with core league mechanics that is being swept under the rug until the end of league. I think most players understand that not all bugs can be found/removed before release or fixed instantly when reported and that not all bug reports will receive a GGG reply (and this one did (thank you), partially, to address the literal report though not the underlying issue). However, when the bugs and reports are associated with core league mechanics which could/should have been found and fixed *on the design board* I think we feel a bit let down. When these types of bugs show up each league, and when they're not fixed promptly, it really erodes player goodwill, loyalty, and even desire to play.
Last edited by SirGuySW on Oct 29, 2019, 7:29:33 PM
Remove ranged mobs from blight encounters. Problem solved
I've lost 5 maps today because I've been instantly slapped while standing on the other side of the room. I can't even enter some portals without instantly dying. This is absurd and it's killing any faith i have in this game.
"
SirGuySW wrote:
I feel like this topic has been silently marked 'solved'.

While the mechanics outlined in the original bug report turned out to not be a bug at all but a radical change to a core league mechanic not relayed to players, the underlying issue of being nuked by blight mobs while players are not in-lane remains an issue. The method in-which this issue occurs seems like a bug.

It seems like this is yet another problem with core league mechanics that is being swept under the rug until the end of league. I think most players understand that not all bugs can be found/removed before release or fixed instantly when reported and that not all bug reports will receive a GGG reply (and this one did (thank you), partially, to address the literal report though not the underlying issue). However, when the bugs and reports are associated with core league mechanics which could/should have been found and fixed *on the design board* I think we feel a bit let down. When these types of bugs show up each league, and when they're not fixed promptly, it really erodes player goodwill, loyalty, and even desire to play.

"
SirGuySW wrote:

"
SirGuySW wrote:
I've written the following example and accompanying illustration to re-elaborate why the (presumably) unintended monster behavior described in this topic is actually a bug. This example uses the following assumptions for ease-of-explaining:
  • Monsters in this example are from a single pack, thus they have identical stats (movement speed & range).
  • Monsters in a 'pack' are spawned from the portal in sequence at a constant interval.
  • The lane is a straight line from the portal to the pump.
  • The enemy object, Player, doesn't move and is located at the far end of the lane.
  • Monster attack speed is ignored (because in reality the player is not standing still but is moving around triggering the below case little-by-little until they die).

• Time T0: The first ranged monster (M1) exits the portal. It starts walking down the lane at a movement speed of Mm.
  • A unit of time (T) passes.
  • Time T1: The second ranged monster (M2) exits the portal. It starts walking down the lane at a movement speed of Mm.
  • The distance between M1 and M2 is equal to Mm * T.
  • A unit of time (T) passes.
  • etc.
  • Time Tn: The nth ranged monster (Mn) exits the portal. It starts walking down the lane at a movement speed of Mm.
  • The distance between Mn and Mn-1 is equal to Mm * T. Thus, if we were to observe the lane we should see a string of monsters, equally spaced, walking down the lane towards the pump.
  • -
  • Time Tz: M1 moves within attack range of the enemy object, Player. M1 stops moving and attacks Player. Player is now under attack from 1 monster. Number of projectiles per visible projectile: 1.
  • A unit of time (T) passes. Other monsters continue their movement.
  • Time Tz+1: M2 moves into the same space as M1 and within attack range of the enemy object, Player. M2 stops moving and attacks Player. Player is now under attack from 2 monsters. Number of projectiles per visible projectile: 2.
  • etc.
  • Time Tz+n: Mn moves into the same space as Mn-1 and within attack range of the enemy object, Player. Mn stops moving and attacks Player. Player is now under attack from n monsters. Number of projectiles per visible projectile: n.

Again, the issue is that monsters stack up, thus their projectiles stack up, leading to a single visible projectile hiding several actual projectiles within it. Perhaps this could be fixed by adding a mandatory minimum distance between mobs.

It's unfortunate that mobs are intended to attack us when we're not in-lane, but the real issue is that we're taking shaper-beam style nukes from normal mobs because of this stacking behavior.

I haven't bumped this topic recently because I'd finally resigned myself to the assumption that GGG had given up on the Blight mechanic and were focusing on future developments rather than fixing Blight-specific issues. With Blight going core that assumption can't be correct. Thus I'm back trying to ensure GGG is aware of this stacking bug.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info