[3.10] Memoria's Icicle Mine Saboteur [SSF, League Starter]

"
"
diem4801 wrote:
"
lostrase wrote:
Dude try Voidwalker boots (5 target pierce while you have phasing + phasing on kill) and shape ring with assassin mark on hit is too good improvement for critical build.

How does this work since its the mines doing the killing and not you?

Yeah you're right, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work since "You" need to get the kill, so the voidwalker idea is pretty much void.

Voidwalker useless even with phase run+cwdt?
"
diem4801 wrote:
"
lostrase wrote:
Dude try Voidwalker boots (5 target pierce while you have phasing + phasing on kill) and shape ring with assassin mark on hit is too good improvement for critical build.

How does this work since its the mines doing the killing and not you?

Yeah you're right, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work since "You" need to get the kill, so the voidwalker idea is pretty much void.[/quote]

Voidwalker useless even with phase run+cwdt?[/quote]

With phase run it works, but it's not very reliable since you need to get hit for it to procc.
"
That's what I meant, I swapped out Pierce with chain and went with Piercing shots instead, so it's a good idea :)

Ahh ok. I see you didn't update the PoB? Which nodes would you sacrifice in tree for those 3 extra for taking piercing shots? I didn't see you edited the gem links in the guide. Would you say swapping out pierce with chain is the *optimal* setup or just a different approach?

Also, you said you forgot about assassin mark on hit but you didn't update the guide with that either?
Last edited by FedeS on Sep 16, 2019, 7:02:42 PM
"
That's what I meant, I swapped out Pierce with chain and went with Piercing shots instead, so it's a good idea :)

Hmmm. I'm just levelling at the moment (62) .. but the loss of the "Supported skills deal x% more damage" from the Pierce skill gem doesn't seem to be made up for by taking the Chain gem and Piercing Shots from the tree. Plus, you also lose 3 points from the tree.

The damage on the mine skill in PoE with chain (vs. Pierce) is definitely lower, and it feels like I have to throw more mines to take out mob packs.

I think you also lose 1 pierce (3 to 2) by using Piercing Shots from tree, but maybe when you get to end game and the damage is up at 500k+ or something perhaps chain works better? Plus ... my gear is garbage atm, but yeah, for me it's not worth it to use chain while levelling. Just FWIW.
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
Hmmm. I'm just levelling at the moment (62) .. but the loss of the "Supported skills deal x% more damage" from the Pierce skill gem doesn't seem to be made up for by taking the Chain gem and Piercing Shots from the tree. Plus, you also lose 3 points from the tree.

The damage on the mine skill in PoE with chain (vs. Pierce) is definitely lower, and it feels like I have to throw more mines to take out mob packs.

I think you also lose 1 pierce (3 to 2) by using Piercing Shots from tree, but maybe when you get to end game and the damage is up at 500k+ or something perhaps chain works better? Plus ... my gear is garbage atm, but yeah, for me it's not worth it to use chain while levelling. Just FWIW.

Same doubt. You actually lose 2 pierce, not 1 (pierce support gem gives +4)
Last edited by FedeS on Sep 16, 2019, 6:54:36 PM
I hate to be the dumb one and ask this, buuuut...

Does this build absolutely demolish computers or is this a safe(r) option for those interested in trying mines out? Pyroclast looks like it would melt my PC in a heartbeat, but Icicle seems like a fun way to get into it...

Edit: Also, is the PoB link to a completed tree? Mine pops up with only 60 points.
Last edited by DarkenX on Sep 16, 2019, 9:12:11 PM
"
DarkenX wrote:

Does this build absolutely demolish computers or is this a safe(r) option for those interested in trying mines out? Pyroclast looks like it would melt my PC in a heartbeat, but Icicle seems like a fun way to get into it...

Edit: Also, is the PoB link to a completed tree? Mine pops up with only 60 points.

Im running icicle on the ps4 and for the most part its pretty solid, however big blight encounters and definitely blight maps can make the ps4 come to a crawl.

As for the guide, I would probably copy a lot of ziggy ds deadeye version. Ive basically merged the two and im running maps pretty well, just hit 85, so ill be getting into red maps soon.
"
diem4801 wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:

Im running icicle on the ps4 and for the most part its pretty solid, however big blight encounters and definitely blight maps can make the ps4 come to a crawl.

As for the guide, I would probably copy a lot of ziggy ds deadeye version. Ive basically merged the two and im running maps pretty well, just hit 85, so ill be getting into red maps soon.

You merged them? How so? As in, branching off towards a certain direction in the tree?

Yeah, still too afraid to venture into Blight maps with my current VG build, but if the PS4 can handle it, maybe mine won't die till Elder and such...
"
Same doubt. You actually lose 2 pierce, not 1 (pierce support gem gives +4)

Quite frankly I don't know why they're running chain and Pierce, you use one or the other, not both.

Like I said I'm only running the Pierce talent, and with the extra support gem I'm clearing stuff extremely fast, and my gear isn't even optimal.

I'll be removing Pierce once I get gloomfang and the chain ring, but only then. With the amount of projectiles that go off there won't be a need for Pierce.

Edit: Ok just got Gloomfang + Snakepit and placed chain into my 6L and removed Pierce in my tree. I can say without a doubt that chain with this setup is far superior to Pierce. I am melting multiple screens with one detonate, including enemies around corners, and the enemies can't even take a step outside of their blight portals.
Last edited by diem4801 on Sep 17, 2019, 12:58:37 AM
"
DarkenX wrote:

I have a so-so PC and it runs just fine. I don't think there is much problem with icicle.

Down below in PoB you have options to see all the tree.

"
diem4801 wrote:
Quite frankly I don't know why they're running chain and Pierce, you use one or the other, not both.

Like I said I'm only running the Pierce talent, and with the extra support gem I'm clearing stuff extremely fast, and my gear isn't even optimal.

I'll be removing Pierce once I get gloomfang and the chain ring, but only then. With the amount of projectiles that go off there won't be a need for Pierce.

Edit: Ok just got Gloomfang + Snakepit and placed chain into my 6L and removed Pierce in my tree. I can say without a doubt that chain with this setup is far superior to Pierce. I am melting multiple screens with one detonate, including enemies around corners, and the enemies can't even take a step outside of their blight portals.

Interesting. Why Snakipit tho? just for the +1 chain?
Last edited by FedeS on Sep 17, 2019, 2:17:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info