[3.9] Trickster Flicker Strike (10 - 15 million Shaper DPS) Awakening Lvl 8 Sirus Down

"
SA_Dza wrote:
I just sunk a ton of money into respeccing my boring (but OP) arc miner into this flicker bro. I am very disappointed. I have all the gear/gems/sockets/links recommended in the OP.

This is not my first flicker dude. I played Oro's, terminus est, etc. versions in the past.

The clear with this build is A+, as expected with flicker, but red map bosses and metamorphs are absolutely brutal on this dude. The boss DPS just isn't there and I get absolutely owned by pretty much everything that isn't a pack of map mobs.

I don't leech enough or fast enough, I run out of potion charges every boss fight, I drop flicker way too often, and my dps/survivability when I have to resort to cyclone for charges is shit.

Any tips? What might I be doing wrong?

I think tons of builds are struggling with Metamorphs. Red map bosses should be incredibly easy, even T16 on A8. Shaper and Elder guardians can pose some threat. Elder is a joke. Shaper is easy. Uber elder and Sirus A8 are difficult but doable. I think Bronn's struggles in fights where you can't instantly kill or phase bosses. Main thing is you are on a timer with your charges. Cyclone is actually still respectable DPS and increases your defense against physical damage--don't be reluctant to use it to preserve charges.

I'd suggest dropping Bronn's for Farrul's if you are struggling with charges. I've pretty much stopped using Abyssus this patch too. Seems really fragile with it on A8.

Also, I wouldn't compare past Flicker Strike builds to anything in 3.9. There is a big difference between 12-18 million life bosses pre 3.9 and 40 - 100 million life bosses that we face now.
Last edited by Spacefight0r on Jan 31, 2020, 5:18:01 PM
"
Manix20 wrote:
Adding a build (after a week or two) - changing the main class in the path of building.
build sucks, its weak (as a new player im really, really sad)
few weeks of my grinding is in the trashbin right now.

Dont make tutorials mate, please.
cheers

I can't see your build to make any suggestions. I wouldn't recommend this as a starter build, but I'm still curious what it's bad in comparison to. Have you tried other flicker strike builds in 3.9?
I'm really enjoying this build but I wanted to know if Awak Brutality Support will be better than close combat.
"
demonhunter84 wrote:
I'm really enjoying this build but I wanted to know if Awak Brutality Support will be better than close combat.

Use it in place of Full Life, drop Sin's Rebirth and run a different flask of your choice. If you hit a degen while on Full Life, you are basically on a 5 Link.
Thanks. Awk Brutality definitely feels better than damage on full life. Would you recommend Tribal Fury instead of Disemboweling or just use a Awk Melee Splash.
"
demonhunter84 wrote:
Thanks. Awk Brutality definitely feels better than damage on full life. Would you recommend Tribal Fury instead of Disemboweling or just use a Awk Melee Splash.

Unfortunately, Tribal Fury doesn't really replace Melee Splash. For general mapping, I use Disemboweling and Melee Splash then swap to Brutality only for Guardians/Champions/Major Bosses. For Blight maps and Legion encounters, I use Tribal Fury and Melee Splash. You don't have to do any of this, but it's the most optimal setup.

Melee splash really needs to be either baked into melee abilities or have a passive on the tree. It's always the best multi-target option and always the worst single target option; essentially forces a swap to be optimal.
Last edited by Spacefight0r on Feb 3, 2020, 5:19:44 PM
Gotcha. Would you say the raider is better than trickster in terms of dps? I feel like frenzy charge generation is still quite slow with Trickster even with Farruls
"
demonhunter84 wrote:
Gotcha. Would you say the raider is better than trickster in terms of dps? I feel like frenzy charge generation is still quite slow with Trickster even with Farruls

Raider is just faster, which is a lot of fun. You sustain charges a bit better against bosses, but you also die a lot more easily. I've been taking my Trickster to fight Sirus and using Raider for mapping.
Doesn't raider have more evasion than Trickster? I thought that would improve the survivability.
"
demonhunter84 wrote:
Doesn't raider have more evasion than Trickster? I thought that would improve the survivability.

A lot of the most threatening damage from bosses is spells which can't be evaded. You can turn that high evasion into high armor and max Molten Shell, but that still has 4 seconds of down time.

Ghost Shroud is 6% reduced damage and you get ~800 ES when hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info