[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

I think you viewed the wrong profile. I already have artic armour and my wand is pretty good i think... let me know :)
I'm looking to see what you need help with. The gear looks fine for the most part. If you need damage I'm suggesting dropping Arctic Armour and using Herald of Ice instead of Arctic Armour. A Storm Burst helm enchant would also be a significant damage bump.

If you're really looking to push your damage then you have 2 dead affix's on your weapon you could upgrade with something like spell crit or crit multi.

If you're having trouble surviving then I'd recommend grabbing a temple life chest with 100+ max life and % increased max life, then craft % increased max life and mana.

Is there any content you're having trouble clearing? If so what is it and what's the problem?

Hi there,
I'm enjoying this build a lot. You have to play focused to avoid being one shotted but it happens every once in a while :)
I have some spare ex and wondered what kind of upgrades I could do. Basically a bit more survivability would be nice. Dps-wise I'm ok i think.

How about storm's gift gloves and choir of the storm? Would they add to improving the build in your opinion?

Thank you!
"
arathrana wrote:
Hi there,
I'm enjoying this build a lot. You have to play focused to avoid being one shotted but it happens every once in a while :)
I have some spare ex and wondered what kind of upgrades I could do. Basically a bit more survivability would be nice. Dps-wise I'm ok i think.

How about storm's gift gloves and choir of the storm? Would they add to improving the build in your opinion?

Thank you!

Hey, thanks for checking it out!

If you're worried about survivability there's a couple swaps you can make.
1st, your curse on hit setup isn't doing anything unless there's some interaction between vaal haste/grace/curse on hit I'm not aware of.

2nd your amulet has no life on it. Look at fixing that soon.

3rd Carcass Jack and Inpulsa's are great clear and DPS options but lack survivability compared to something like a Alva Temple chest with life and +%increased max life. My chest in the guide was self found/linked but I bet with a few exalts you can buy something similar.

In general look at bumping up the life values on most of your gear. The belt looks fine but when you're pushing endgame you really want more than +80 life on most gear slots where you can fit it in.

Another thing that jumped out at me is your Wave of Conviction might not be granting the exposure you want. Check the damage to make sure the Cold component is greater than the fire/lightning portions to make.

Also the Murderous Eye Jewel you have has taunt on hit for you not your minions. This means you'll be targeted instead of your purity heralds. You'll be hitting the enemy much more than your minions so their taunt will get lost almost immediately. I know it's your anti-corrupted blood but try running without it against a boss and see if you notice a difference in enemy behavior.

I'm also not sure the watcher's eye mods for haste and grace help you for their vaal versions, if they do let me know, that'd be awesome.

EDIT: For Storm's Gift it would depend on the implicits and if you're using Inpulsa's. If they're all good then go for it. I wouldn't personally since I'd rather the HP and the incursion mod for Damage on hits vs chilled enemies.

Choir of the Storm is nice if you have Leech solved some other way. It's a lot of extra damage and with our crit chance we'll be dumping lightning bolts all the time. The loss of leech on an amulet is something that MUST be solved elsewhere though or your sustain is going to suck.

Last edited by Bladeslaw on Feb 3, 2020, 9:45:15 AM
"
Bladeslaw wrote:

I'm also not sure the watcher's eye mods for haste and grace help you for their vaal versions, if they do let me know, that'd be awesome.

EDIT: For Storm's Gift it would depend on the implicits and if you're using Inpulsa's. If they're all good then go for it. I wouldn't personally since I'd rather the HP and the incursion mod for Damage on hits vs chilled enemies.

storm gift has 8% increased lightning dmg and 16% cricital strike chance

I can confirm that watcher's eye mod for haste proc on using vaal haste.

Tnx for your tips!

Hi All,

This is my first foray into POE and as a starter i saw Esoro's guide on youtube and followed it to get where i am atm, really enjoying it just wondering where i can go from here. Can do Tier 14-16 pretty comfortably other than the occasional 1 shot, failed my first attempt at Sirus.

Made a few changes to skill gems e.g including zealotry for a seemingly decent damage boost, might go the manual casting option which you talk about here for wave of conviction as it rarely has a lot of impact when i'm fighting.

Obviously i can swap out Oskarms and get some life steal on my amulet but just wondering if there's anything that jumps out to more experienced players,

Thanks in advance, thanks for the effort on the guide!
"
Hi All,

This is my first foray into POE and as a starter i saw Esoro's guide on youtube and followed it to get where i am atm, really enjoying it just wondering where i can go from here. Can do Tier 14-16 pretty comfortably other than the occasional 1 shot, failed my first attempt at Sirus.

Made a few changes to skill gems e.g including zealotry for a seemingly decent damage boost, might go the manual casting option which you talk about here for wave of conviction as it rarely has a lot of impact when i'm fighting.

Obviously i can swap out Oskarms and get some life steal on my amulet but just wondering if there's anything that jumps out to more experienced players,

Thanks in advance, thanks for the effort on the guide!

Ok Here's what I would do in order of importance:
1) Amulet with cold damage leeched as life, you mentioned it so I assume you're already on it but I cannot stress how good this is for sustain.

2) Gloves with increased damage against chilled enemies. This is almost certainly a damage upgrade over Oskarm. Again you mentioned it so I know you know but here's where I'd prioritize.

3) Get a curse on hit setup or a cast curse when damage taken setup for either elemental weakness, frostbite, or enfeeble depending on if you need more damage or survivability. Do this after oskarm has been upgraded so you're not constantly overwriting your curses. I use Wave of Conviction for curse application but Cast When Damage Taken works too.

4) Consider a different anointment. To really maximize true damage (not just PoB damage) you want as many balls out at once as possible. Either cast speed or skill duration will provide more real damage than almost any other source. I like Crackling Speed but there's a ton of solid options there. Heartseeker may still end up being the best for you but if you're swapping amulets anyway it's probably worth looking into.

5) Update your flasks. Atziri's and Rumi's are good. If you don't need the block, swap rumi's with Taste of Hate or Sin's Rebirth. Depending on preference swap the Quicksilver with the other one. Try to get a prefix/suffix on all standard flasks since you're wasting potential benefits there.

5) Your weapon is probably due for an upgrade. You have a lot of the right mods you just want bigger numbers. Also consider Sceptres with elemental damage instead of spell damage since they're pretty much the same thing to us. Elder weapons can get Adds X to Y Physical damage to spells which is a nice universal bump to our damage too. You might need to play around in PoB to figure out what combo of affixes gets you the biggest benefit though. You may be able to drop some crit for more base damage too if you swap anointment. This is the toughest slot for upgrades in my experience due to all the factors we're looking for so I really encourage playing around in PoB to get the right answer.

6) Helm Enchant. Get a helmet with 15% chance for Storm Burst to create an additional orb. This is a MASSIVE damage boost but it's also expensive and not vital.

7) If you want more survivability swap out Carcass Jack for a Temple Chest with life and %increased life. On an evasion base you'll break even on ES and come out ahead on life by a fair margin. I use an Inpulsa for mapping/clear and a Temple chest for bossing.
I'll take a look at all of these, just picked up a life leech neck, and i guess i'll swap out the shield charge/fortify for the curse on hit setup.

Thanks for the detailed response, much appreciated!
What u guys think, can I get this build run well with 6ex budget?
"
I'll take a look at all of these, just picked up a life leech neck, and i guess i'll swap out the shield charge/fortify for the curse on hit setup.

Thanks for the detailed response, much appreciated!

Also confirm you're doing more cold damage than anything else on Wave of Conviction otherwise you won't get the exposure benefits.

"
Tsiganisti wrote:
What u guys think, can I get this build run well
with 6ex budget?

Definitely. I league started this build and upgraded over time. You should be able to pick up a Shroud of the Lightless relatively cheaply to get rolling in maps and upgrade to a better chest later, if you can link it yourself you can get one for next to nothing. The CotB rings are cheap for decent rolls and are really the only required unique. Light of Lunaris and Cerberus Limb is also dirt cheap right now and with all that gear you can easily go through yellow maps. All this will cost you less than 1 ex.

If you're looking to push Uber Elder Awakener 8 and Sirus you're probably looking at a 10ex budget, most of which is spent on the chest (so you can take a hit without splatting) and helm enchant with the rest going toward the weapon. You might manage it on a 6ex budget though, depends on what deals you can find.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info