Too much loot

"
rpgmaniac wrote:
"
MiniMink wrote:
Not sure if anybody else is having this issue, or maybe it's just my taste, but I just grab way too much loot. It gets to the point where I have to use town portal every 2 minutes just to drop off the loot I picked up. Is there an easier way to manage loot? Am I just not supposed to pick things up? Is my character bugged?

MiniMink I used to have the same prob with u when I first start playing but because I am overly organized on this kind of games and I always search the best way to deal with common issues I am going to encounter throughout my playtime sessions I develop some pick up rules to make my life easier :) I will write them below and u r free to use them if u want:

1.ignore normal items unless:

a)they have +quality attribute u can trade all those items on shops (when u have enough items to reach or surpass 40% quality) for "Armourer's Scrap" for armor type items and "Blacksmith's Whetstone" for wpn type items, also keep in mind that 1 single item with 20% quality is one such item also.

b)they have all 3 slot colors (RED+GREEN+BLUE) u can trade those items for "Chromatic Orbs".

c)It's the next tier item for your class and u r searching for one in order to turn it into a rare item, but that's quite obvious eh? :)

2.Pick only small size magic items avoid anything with more than 4 blocks because in the end u r not going to identify all that and u r going to trade them unidentified and the reward between a small & a large item is the same so more is better unless the above rules apply (quality items, RGB items, u need it).

3.Anything above magic is instant pick up no brain those items u can use them or keep them for various recipes and also identify them because they have a ton of mods it's more easier to get a rare mod that gives nice rewards for example (+% to pick up more rare items or increase quantity of items in general) those mods give u "Orb of Alchemy" shards.

I hope this helps :)

+1 This is great ... I also have a problem with wanting to pick up everything and sell it when not needed, I do it with every game.

I am going to try this method above!

Thanks ...
"He who never fell, never climbed"

- Unknown
Here's me thinking he's a closet hoarder

Uh don't worry so am I :)

When I finally get in game I will probably pick up quite a bit at first until I work out what works for my character

Just waiting for a Beta key as I cannot afford one until next month.
Fully support NZ GGG (NZ female 53 mmorpg gamer for yrs)
Eventually you'll start to learn what to look out for in an item, generally once you start getting more skill gems than you have slots to fit them in.

Key things to look for are:

base item type
amount of sockets
amount of linking
Colour of sockets
mods

Everything except for the first one can be changed independantly with various gems, so a keeper would be the right base type with 1 or more of the above with the correct values.

For example i found a 4 socket crown with +1 minion skills, all linked together. Now, all the sockets are green/red but thats ok, after a few chromatic orbs or w/e i'll eventually get the blues I want for an awesome item :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info