Too much loot

Not sure if anybody else is having this issue, or maybe it's just my taste, but I just grab way too much loot. It gets to the point where I have to use town portal every 2 minutes just to drop off the loot I picked up. Is there an easier way to manage loot? Am I just not supposed to pick things up? Is my character bugged?
no such thing as too much loot.

Though yeah, you aren't really supposed to be picking up absolutely everything.
"
twistedhands wrote:
no such thing as too much loot.

Though yeah, you aren't really supposed to be picking up absolutely everything.

Damnit, these kinds of games make it sooo hard to keep loot littered around! XD
There's no skill involved if the game doesn't give you a choice ;)

The game gives you enough loot that you need to make choices about what to take and what not to... but ideally not too much loot that you can't see the floor ever.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
MiniMink wrote:
Am I just not supposed to pick things up?

You picked everything up that dropped? How far did you get before you realized that this is really a lot of stuff to carry?
"
"
MiniMink wrote:
Am I just not supposed to pick things up?

You picked everything up that dropped? How far did you get before you realized that this is really a lot of stuff to carry?

lol, just got to the second quest ;3

So I'm guessing I'm playing it wrong. I blame diablo for making looting easy, haha!

Thanks all!
"
MiniMink wrote:
Not sure if anybody else is having this issue, or maybe it's just my taste, but I just grab way too much loot. It gets to the point where I have to use town portal every 2 minutes just to drop off the loot I picked up. Is there an easier way to manage loot? Am I just not supposed to pick things up? Is my character bugged?

I only pick up magic items for definite return, and I'm still only playing in Normal, right now.

If you have room to spare on the way back to town, pick up 4-space white items in preference to larger ones, since they all trade the same in town. And only ID items you might be able to use for your char or an alt; you can still get some decent trade out of unidentified magic items. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
MiniMink wrote:

lol, just got to the second quest ;3

Ah, well then. It would have been funny if you actually collected loot from several areas before realizing that no man should ever possess this much.
If anything it's not enough space rather than too much loot and I'd think buying the extra stash slots should sorta fix that.

Filled my stash with nothing but blue items mostly during the free weekend now I can't even use or sort it
"
MiniMink wrote:

MiniMink I used to have the same prob with u when I first start playing but because I am overly organized on this kind of games and I always search the best way to deal with common issues I am going to encounter throughout my playtime sessions I develop some pick up rules to make my life easier :) I will write them below and u r free to use them if u want:

1.ignore normal items unless:

a)they have +quality attribute u can trade all those items on shops (when u have enough items to reach or surpass 40% quality) for "Armourer's Scrap" for armor type items and "Blacksmith's Whetstone" for wpn type items, also keep in mind that 1 single item with 20% quality is one such item also.

b)they have all 3 slot colors linked together (RED+GREEN+BLUE) u can trade those items for "Chromatic Orbs".

c)It's the next tier item for your class and u r searching for one in order to turn it into a rare item, but that's quite obvious eh? :)

2.Pick only small size magic items avoid anything with more than 4 blocks because in the end u r not going to identify all that and u r going to trade them unidentified and the reward between a small & a large item is the same so more is better unless the above rules apply (quality items, RGB items, u need it).

3.Anything above magic is instant pick up no brain those items u can use them or keep them for various recipes and also I suggest u to identify them all because they have a ton of mods & it's more easier to get a rare mod that gives nice rewards for example (+% to pick up more rare items or increase quantity of items in general) those mods give u "Orb of Alchemy" shards.

I hope this helps :)
Last edited by rpgmaniac on Apr 7, 2012, 3:21:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info