Massive performance drop after Update

Same issue here, game was running perfectly on 3.7, dropped to about 15 fps on average after 3.8 update. I didn't change any setting in game or for the computer between the patches. Playing around with graphic settings in 3.8 doesn't help, neither does reinstalling POE.
After playing around a bit in the NVIDIA setting and reading previous posts, I too found that the POE 64 settings had defaulted to to the crappy integrated graphics card after the update for some reason. Forcing it back to the NVIDIA graphics cards fixed the issue for now.
same issue here, I have gtx 150 and i7 7700hq with ssd, the system is ok before fps was like 120+ and now maximum is 20fps
I was able to find a fix to the problem. You have to force both the x32 and x64 versions of the game to run on your dedicated video card.

Here is how to do it:
1. Open your NVidia Control panel and go to "Manage 3D Settings"
2. Go to "Program Settings"
3. Select from "1. Select a program to customize:" sub-menu the "Path of Exile" game, and make sure you select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" from the "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program". This forces the x32 version of the game to run on your dedicated video card, but does not fully fix the program, because we have to force the x64 version as well.
4. Click on the "Add" button and search for the x64 executable of the game(easiest way is to just run the x64 executable once, and it will appear on top of the list, if not use the "Browse" button), select it and click "Add Selected Program".
5. Do the same thing as stated at number 3. for this executable, and click "Apply". Now you should be able to run the game from Steam and you should have your performances back.
Yeah I am posting here after unexpected DC number 8 trying to get to Kitava.
Managed to get from 25 fps tp 70 fps by forcing nvidia and lowering all settings.

But this is still to less, when there are a lot of mobs it drops down to about 45 fps...which is just shit.

Any other ideas whats the problem and what I could try?

Does it make a difference if i start POE via steam or standalone? Or maybe with nvidia geforce experience?
"
Shadowphyre98 wrote:
I was able to find a fix to the problem. You have to force both the x32 and x64 versions of the game to run on your dedicated video card.

Here is how to do it:
3. Select from "1. Select a program to customize:" sub-menu the "Path of Exile" game, and make sure you select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" from the "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program". This forces the x32 version of the game to run on your dedicated video card, but does not fully fix the program, because we have to force the x64 version as well.
4. Click on the "Add" button and search for the x64 executable of the game(easiest way is to just run the x64 executable once, and it will appear on top of the list, if not use the "Browse" button), select it and click "Add Selected Program".
5. Do the same thing as stated at number 3. for this executable, and click "Apply". Now you should be able to run the game from Steam and you should have your performances back.

yes it is working ty!!!!!
How to fix this issue :

1- Open Nvidia Control Panel

2- Go to Manage 3D Settings

3- In Global Settings => Preferred graphics processor : Set it to High-performance Nvidia processor.

This will force the game to use your best graphics card available which it stopped doing after this patch.
"
Shadowphyre98 wrote:

Here is how to do it:

This worked for me! Needed to x64 as well.
Same problem here since the patch, terrible performance, packet loss from certain servers (Amsterdam), lower FPS, stuttering.

I7 4790K
GTX 1070
32 GB
SSD 512 MB
Win 10 Pro
IGN: Cyanyx
Last edited by Qmabyte on Sep 8, 2019, 5:34:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info