Massive performance drop after Update

"
Shadowphyre98 wrote:
I was able to find a fix to the problem. You have to force both the x32 and x64 versions of the game to run on your dedicated video card.

Here is how to do it:
1. Open your NVidia Control panel and go to "Manage 3D Settings"
2. Go to "Program Settings"
3. Select from "1. Select a program to customize:" sub-menu the "Path of Exile" game, and make sure you select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" from the "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program". This forces the x32 version of the game to run on your dedicated video card, but does not fully fix the program, because we have to force the x64 version as well.
4. Click on the "Add" button and search for the x64 executable of the game(easiest way is to just run the x64 executable once, and it will appear on top of the list, if not use the "Browse" button), select it and click "Add Selected Program".
5. Do the same thing as stated at number 3. for this executable, and click "Apply". Now you should be able to run the game from Steam and you should have your performances back.

This madman literally fixed it. THANK YOU!!!

O yeah thanks for nothing GGG
i dont have the option in my nvida system settings :<
"
Shadowphyre98 wrote:
I was able to find a fix to the problem. You have to force both the x32 and x64 versions of the game to run on your dedicated video card.

Here is how to do it:
3. Select from "1. Select a program to customize:" sub-menu the "Path of Exile" game, and make sure you select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" from the "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program". This forces the x32 version of the game to run on your dedicated video card, but does not fully fix the program, because we have to force the x64 version as well.
4. Click on the "Add" button and search for the x64 executable of the game(easiest way is to just run the x64 executable once, and it will appear on top of the list, if not use the "Browse" button), select it and click "Add Selected Program".
5. Do the same thing as stated at number 3. for this executable, and click "Apply". Now you should be able to run the game from Steam and you should have your performances back.

This worked for me as well.

At first I did not think it worked...it took me a minute to realize that choosing "full screen" in the in-game setting kept reverting me back to not using my NVidia card... >_<

Gah
I had the same problems and immediately saw that the game reverted to the integrated card.

I changed only the x64 in the nVidia settings and it solved a little but it's still stuttering as hell.
I'll add the x32 version to the nVidia settings tonight, as suggested by Shadowphyre98, and see if it works.

UPDATE: I did it for the x32 version, it's better, but as soon as I use a necro character stuttering goes wild again. I suppose there's a BIG problem with minion optimization, as reported in other threads.

So... in minion league using minions gives you the worst performance? Good job... :-(
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D
Last edited by Anteo12 on Sep 12, 2019, 4:51:16 AM
The game is stuttering on everything but top end machines.

On an overclocked (4.7Ghz) I7 + GTX 1070 i get massive stuttering.

Server connection seems worse too.
Ping is all over the place jumping from 25-150 on Frankfürt and Amsterdam.
IGN: Cyanyx
Last edited by Qmabyte on Sep 9, 2019, 6:51:10 AM
"
COMBOBEAST wrote:
How to fix this issue :

1- Open Nvidia Control Panel

2- Go to Manage 3D Settings

3- In Global Settings => Preferred graphics processor : Set it to High-performance Nvidia processor.

This will force the game to use your best graphics card available which it stopped doing after this patch.

Thank you so much for this one OP!!!!
"
Shadowphyre98 wrote:

Here is how to do it:

Thank you thank you thank you so much! I tried so many things and you finally gave the solution.
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
"
Shadowphyre98 wrote:

Here is how to do it:

This does NOTHING for me! SO sad.. I never had the problem that another graphics card was used so forcing to use my 1080ti didn't change a thing. This having the same problems as you guys, drives me crazy!

EDIT:

Since the moethod didn't work for me I installed Windows 10 (as an upgrade from windows 7) and TADAAA fixed all the issues I had right away.
Since the support for win7 stopps soon it's not the worst solution imo.
Last edited by engelscore235 on Oct 3, 2019, 5:24:37 AM
"
Shadowphyre98 wrote:

Here is how to do it:

I literally changed out a recently-purchased laptop for a different model, in search of a solution to this problem. This actually worked. Thank you, man.
Playing since beta, stoped playing cause my old pc cant run it for 5 min without getting full memory overload.

To bad GGG dont think every1 dont have recent pc. GG lost. Time to move on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info