[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
Xymordos wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Xymordos wrote:
Ehh that totally contradicts Mark's post. If it works with Desecrate, no reason it shouldn't work with the offering too.

Reason I ask this is that if it works you'll get healed triple the amount, making you incredibly tanky.

It wouldn't even if it could support it. SO has a cap of 4 corpses consumed. You wouldn't be able to get triple the buff.

But yeah, it would make it insane. It's already good.

Yeah I'm planning a CWDT character based on the Spirit Offering. If it worked it would be totally broken.

Apparently it's bugged right now and you're getting the 100% effect of the Spirit Offering rather than 75%.

When I put 12% of max life as extra ES into pob (same as 75% SO), I get the same ES values as with the SO buff in game. The resists match up too. Could be the damage maybe?

Edit: Added a blighted map video showcase. Only T2 but it gives you an idea of what we can do.

EDIT: @Xymordos TURNS OUT I don't think SO is bugged (maybe it is) but it acts as 4 ADDITIONAL corpses for a total of 5. So it's 15% as extra ES. I noticed this discrepancy when I was trying to figure out how I was recovering too much ES compared to my mana cost. Figured it out!
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Sep 10, 2019, 11:45:25 PM
Hey,

Just started this build after doing your Trickster, any chance in leveling progression tree? No idea where to go first.
"
Hey,

Just started this build after doing your Trickster, any chance in leveling progression tree? No idea where to go first.

It's pretty straight forward for leveling. Jsut go straight north to Heart of Flame, picking up the life+mana nodes on the way, then grab Ele overload and work your way left into the templar area where you're going to grab Spiritual Aid, Sovereignty etc...

Then head east from witch start to get ES+Life clusters. These are important for Spirit Offering Scaling.

Hopefully this helps. I'll add a leveling tree once I've polished this out some more.

Also check out my character Stupidity for an up to date tree until I get a chance to update.
Top guy love your builds so far, will be good to get this one up as its gonna be my blight farmer!
Me again,

Got to level 65 and started using the setup, tried to copy your level 67 as close as possible but something is wrong as im chunking health every cast of VD?

Heading to bed now and cant wait for your reply so I can stop going out of my mind xD
"
Me again,

Got to level 65 and started using the setup, tried to copy your level 67 as close as possible but something is wrong as im chunking health every cast of VD?

Heading to bed now and cant wait for your reply so I can stop going out of my mind xD

From what I can see in your character profile:

You don't have high enough mana cost to proc Spirit Offering with every cast to mitigate the damage. Most likely because you do not have a source of Increased mana cost. (IE:Fevered Mind Cobalt Jewel)

What happens is then you are taking 2 hits per proc instead of one and taking a ton of damage as a result.

It's like a 1c jewel. Go get it, slot it, and enjoy. You should at least come very close to breaking even on the damage this way.
Neat leveling/sustaining tip for Blight League:
Anoint "Battle Rouse" notable onto your Amulet if you don't have the crafting mods on the bench yet and don't want to waste a ring slot on the Praxis unique ring.
It's very cheap and can be crafted for multiple amulets if need be.

Last edited by Astrom on Sep 10, 2019, 11:25:07 PM
"
Astrom wrote:
Neat leveling/sustaining tip for Blight League:
Anoint "Battle Rouse" notable onto your Amulet if you don't have the crafting mods on the bench yet and don't want to waste a ring slot on the Praxis unique ring.
It's very cheap and can be crafted for multiple amulets if need be.

I was actually using this on my amulet until I unwittingly converted my amulet into a talisman and lost the enchant....

oops. But yes this node is great for leveling. Praxis is only good for leveling, defnitely not something you want to carry into maps. Though I tend to run minimalistic gear while leveling. the bench craft would be ideal.
i am trying this build and i dont seem to be getting my CWDT to proc i also dont seem to be taking damage when i cast my spells is there a bug or something i am missing?
Finding the proper gear is annoying but I miss playing VD so trying this out. Crafted this thing
. What are your thoughts on a multi modded staff like this since we can get arcane surge from other areas?
Relaxing build for a chill league is great.
Last edited by Ranchhods on Sep 11, 2019, 2:43:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info