[3.13] Saboteur Pyroclast Mine Crit - Cheap, SSF friendly

"
SquireShiedon wrote:
It's better Tremor Rod or Martyr of Innocence for endgame?

This is just my assumption, but I'd favor Tremor. The ability to detonate mines again seems pretty nice. Though it makes me wonder how skitterbot detonation and Tremor Rod would work out.

The huge flat added spell fire damage on Martyr seems pretty nice but since it's only 80% added effectiveness for Pyroclast Mines, you're not getting the full benefit of that. Still, the other mods (100% increased fire damage, 15% fire pen after a block, immune to chill/freeze) on Martyr is pretty great too.

For singular purpose of only using Pyroclast Mine, then Martyr does seem really great maybe BiS unless you can get an amazing rare Shaped Staff. Though if you got a separate 6L on body armor to do icicle mine for general clear, I'd go with Tremor Rod as the extra detonation has some good utility especially on clusterfuck situations like a blighted map.
Last edited by reciprocate on Sep 11, 2019, 1:54:22 AM
Loving it so far. I'm around T7-T8 and have no issues whatsoever.

I adapted the skill tree a little bit, but it's very similar to yours.

Thanks for the awesome build :)

Here's my current gear :

I tried different wands and staffs with Fire damage etc. but I am not really sure how to judge compared to daggers. Yes daggers, I know may sound stupid but I do make a very good experience with these weapons using for this build.

I fully spected into the crit route in the tree and was looking for stats such as penetrates fire resistances, spell damage and fire damage on daggers.

Damage output compared to staffs/wands feels much higher that way. Playstyle feels much more smoother as well. Tooltip ingame is also showing higher damage with daggers, but I am not sure how the tool is considering "Spell Damage" in the information character screen
(Adding spell damage does not change any damage parameters in the character tooltip, ANY INPUTS ON THAT?).

Coming back to Minefield support I still feel it is very clunky and the damage increase (if any) for bosses at these levels is not needed. For clearing I believe it is even worse than with the combo swift assembly / Charged mines support. Frenzy and Power charges do really fit well into this build.

My 5 link setup is pyroclast, trap and mine support, Swift Awareness, Charged mine and combustion support. 6th gem probably will be immolate or fire penetration. I did not spec into any increased aera damage node yet, IMO absolutly not needed.

I am only in T4-T5 maps now but damage output is very good and survivability is no problem and I still have crap gear everywhere.

For the people having Mana issues, I highly recommend the Mana Flask "Lavianga's Spirit" --> Problem solved
Last edited by Joybringer75 on Sep 11, 2019, 3:54:37 AM
"
SquireShiedon wrote:

Martyr of Innocence is BiS for this build. The damage/dps boost it gives is absolutely insane. Tremor is still good though when you're saving up for Martyr of Innocence.
Its been a really great build. I have done every content without a sweat whatsoever. The damage is insane, and survivability aswell(atleast the way i did it). I recommend trying the new gloves, you can basically facetank everything with it. Others said that martyr would be a better weapon because it gives much more dmg, but honestly i dont feel like there was an issue with the damage. I bursted through uber elder even with the tremor rod.

Mygear
Spoiler

"
Joybringer75 wrote:
... (Adding spell damage does not change any damage parameters in the character tooltip, ANY INPUTS ON THAT?). ...
It should change the values displayed, quite strange. Tooltip is fucked anyway with all it doesn't take into account (penetration, increased damages taken by enemies, etc.) so..

"
zozokaa wrote:
... [see above]
Nice to hear. And that's indeed the gloves i was talking too in the gear section but i didn't remember the name, so thanks to you i added the name in there.
I still don't have much time to play myself currently unfortunately. Good to see at least many players have fun with the new mines skills.
I'm mostly using Icicle rather than Pyroclasm. Since the build doesn't really focus on any particular element, I shouldn't have to alter much, correct?
"
TychoVelius wrote:
I'm mostly using Icicle rather than Pyroclasm. Since the build doesn't really focus on any particular element, I shouldn't have to alter much, correct?

yeah you can use any mines tbh. i didnt even take a single elemental node on my tree.
"
"
SquireShiedon wrote:

Martyr of Innocence is BiS for this build. The damage/dps boost it gives is absolutely insane. Tremor is still good though when you're saving up for Martyr of Innocence.

Might be debatable depending on what you are trying to accomplish. I think tremor rod does way more dps to a single target (both clear any tier of maps with ease). But given how strong the pyroclast skill is I doubt it really matters. Either will instantly phase shaper / uber elder and instant kill the guardians.
Last edited by wakechaser on Sep 11, 2019, 1:48:09 PM
I tried my best to like pyroclast mine for general map clear, but it feels very subpar to icicle mine.

Icicle with pierce or fork/chain combo can offscreen mobs safely and reliably, and with some effort can even take down guardians/shaper.

Pyro melts bosses instantly, but creates such visual clutter that its too easy to miss ground effects and die. Its also a lot shorter range than icicle, meaning map clear isnt as safe.

Looks like gonna be sticking with both for now via a weapon swap. Double shimmeron for icicle and martyr for pyroclast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info