[3.13] Saboteur Pyroclast Mine Crit - Cheap, SSF friendly

"
Maybe a stupid question. Since this is a crit-based build. Swift assembly vs Increased critical strike chance. What do you think, guys?
Inc. Crit Strike has always been a somehow weak support gem. Swift Assembly DPS increase is way higher in any circumstance.
"
Harest wrote:
"
Maybe a stupid question. Since this is a crit-based build. Swift assembly vs Increased critical strike chance. What do you think, guys?
Inc. Crit Strike has always been a somehow weak support gem. Swift Assembly DPS increase is way higher in any circumstance.

thank you, man.
Hi, i'm here again to ask some newbie questions.

First of all, thanks for answer me before. This build result very fun for me. At the moment, I'm 92 and will try to defeat Uber Elder, but seems I will don't have any problem killing him, just I need try to not die haha.

The doubts I have are next:

1) Herald of Ash or Zealotry? I want to choose one, don't know who helps better.

2) Elemental Damage, Spell Damage, Fire Damage, Mine Damage... What other modifier improve my Pyroclast Mine damage? For example: Adds Fire Damage to Attacks? Adds Fire Damage to Spells? Elemental Damage with Attack skills?

3) I know that is more important the modifiers, but... need any specific amount of armor in my gear? Or this build is only dependant of Evasion?

Thanks for any response.
Last edited by NGXIS on Oct 19, 2019, 1:35:10 PM
"
NGXIS wrote:
... [see above]
Hi, no problem. Glad you enjoy this skill.
1) Zealotry if you don't have any mana cost issue with it (which probably requires enlighten support on it), otherwise Herald of Ash.
2) If you check the keywords of the gem you'll get the answer : "Mine, Spell, Projectile, Fire, AoE, Aura". So yh flat fire damage added to spells, aoe damages too. Note that projectiles damages will only after the secondary effect of the mine.
3) Not necessarily no, the more you get the better, but with Acrobatics you've a 50% less armor so you're better off using evasion.
"
Harest wrote:
"
NGXIS wrote:
... [see above]
Hi, no problem. Glad you enjoy this skill.
1) Zealotry if you don't have any mana cost issue with it (which probably requires enlighten support on it), otherwise Herald of Ash.
2) If you check the keywords of the gem you'll get the answer : "Mine, Spell, Projectile, Fire, AoE, Aura". So yh flat fire damage added to spells, aoe damages too. Note that projectiles damages will only after the secondary effect of the mine.
3) Not necessarily no, the more you get the better, but with Acrobatics you've a 50% less armor so you're better off using evasion.

I was checking about the tags of the skill gems but my doubt was like for "Fire Damage to Attacks", but now I imagine "Attacks" refers to skills like Cyclone (have "Attack" tag).

Now, another doubt I have (that maybe will modify my skill tree), is about Area of Effect and Area Damage. How important are? If I'm not wrong, Area Damage works like any other % of damage, right? So Area of Effect increased the area that affects the mine explosion with his projectiles, no? So, If I avoid "Blast Radius" to use that points on Jewels Socket (for example: +life +spell dmg with staff +area dmg + another useful thing), how much will affect that -20% area of effect? I know that is useful, but is very important for this skill in particular? I think I will not have problem, but I prefer the opinion of people who know x)
Last edited by NGXIS on Oct 20, 2019, 1:57:43 AM
"
NGXIS wrote:

... [see above]
Yes Area Damages mod works like any other damages mod. Area of Effect is less frequent and can be very useful but you probably want to check the numbers in PoB for that. Because sometimes to get +1 radius, you may need 11% inc. AoE and if you can only get 10 then it's useless.
In the case of Pyroclast Mine there's 3 radius modified by the AoE : first nova explosion (does damages), then the AoE of where the projectiles are going to land, which are homing on the enemies. So bigger is the AoE radius, more the enemies can be far from the mine that landed and that is currently detonating. And the 3rd radius, quite small by default to avoid to much easy overlaps ofc, is the projectile explosion.

So, imo, i'd get at least a bit of AoE vs more inc. damages when we already have a good amount. Not a lot because it quickly has diminishing returns anyway, but i think it makes builds more enjoyable to play overall and somehow less clunky. Small AoE really aren't fun to play with. And sometimes it goes in the opposite direction like Cyclone in the previous league where it's ab it much :p.
Last edited by Harest on Oct 20, 2019, 8:29:28 PM
Can someone give me any tips on what to upgrade on my pyroclast mine character ?
I've built the same way as SkitterShitter, so i have 6L pyro and 6L icicle mine.
My tree is diferent tho, should i loose 15%dps + acro + phase acro for 550 hp and 1100 es ?
ps : i've already cleared red elder and shaper with this build. Thank you very much for this guide.
Last edited by Drastdevix on Nov 18, 2019, 1:12:24 PM
"
Drastdevix wrote:
... [see above]
Test it out and see what fits you better? Though "15%dps + acro + phase acro" vs "550 hp and 1100 es", if you do the math, the first one is probably better in most situations.
Outside of what i put in the build i don't have much more to say to upgrade your character.
Last edited by Harest on Nov 19, 2019, 9:04:58 AM
Got my mind set on this one for a league starter. After seing the manifesto I have good feels about Pyroclast mine!

I saw tho they nerfed early mine skills, and I'm thinking. What do you think is the best way to level this build with? Like before you reach 28 and get Pyro mine? Arc?

Any other things to mention for early game?
"
Pjey wrote:
... [see above]
I'd go with anything you like / feel comfortable with. I don't really have answer to questions like "what's the best ...?" ^^.
Even if Stormblast Mine will be nerfed, i think it'll still be perfectly fine to level up with. The nerf is just there to change the speedrun/race meta i feel like.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 10, 2019, 12:04:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info