[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
So it looks like we can just go with the good old classic version of the build for the first few days. I don't see any problems with leveling through the campaign. With the league starter items you could hardly have more than 5 storms going on anyway.

One thing I really want to keep is Cyclone+CwC. The value of casting while moving is just too much. I'd hate to go back to self-casting. That means there are still 4 other sockets in the staff to experiment with.

SC is the most likely candidate to be dropped with the new limit. Also, casting Icestorm too frequently looks pointless, since the new storms will just replace the old ones without adding any DPS. So I plan to experiment with various other cold skills in that last socket. Perhaps something may be cast between Icestorms that adds some value. However, that value needs to be greater than using another support gem for Icestorm.

Duration cluster may be another thing to drop, if no additional skill is good enough. In that case we can focus on maximizing Icestorm damage while keeping the duration just long enough to match the channelling frequency (i.e. 1 storm should last as long as it takes to channel 5 times).
I just ran a ton of maps with Frostbolt as that additional spell.

5-linked my WI staff with Cyclone + Awakened CWC + Awakened Ele Focus + Awakened Controlled Destruction + Frostbolt. And then Conc Effect on it's own.

Then added Frozen Trail jewel in the socket NW of EE (need 40 int in radius to trigger +2 frostbolts), so with 3.33 trigger rate, I'm getting around 10 Frostbolts per second on top of my ice storms.

Then I moved Vortex to 6L body with Bonechill + lvl 14 Arcane Surge (which is just 2 vortex casts to proc) + Awakened Swift Affliction + Awakened Controlled Destruction + Conc Effect.

Then moved Elemental Weakness + Frostbite + Enfeeble to a 4L with Bane to apply all 3 curses in one very quick cast on a huge AoE radius.

You don't even need Spell Cascade for clearing. The Frostbolts are flying everywhere and Vortexes are dropping all over the place with ~3 second duration and quite potent cold DoT's.

You can literally hold down Cyclone and Vortex together seamlessly with zero interruption or slowdown to ice storms.

Give it a shot. It works and is tons of added DPS between the Frostbolts and the Vortex DoT's. Your entire screen fills up with them.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 18, 2020, 1:05:10 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I have looked at the additional spells that could be added for clearing instead of SC. Nothing seems to be worth it.

The best damage was Frostbolt with the Frozen Trail jewel. But still too 'meh'. Each bolt does about 1.5x damage of a single Icestorm hit, and they move slower than I spin around with The Stampede (or Quicksilver), so I constantly overtake my own frostbolts. LOL.

Inc AoE instead of SC (and CD instead of CE) works just fine for clearing, even with the pre-patch hit model. Everything dies quickly enough.

So now we just need to see how much that 5 storm limit is going to suck.
You need to pump up Vortex as one single vortex cast will produce 5 vortexes on top of the 10 Frostbolts that cast each second.

That's 5 ice storms + 10 Frostbolts + 5 Vortexes (each with a 3s DoT duration) every second.

After 3 seconds, you have 15 overlapping Vortexes constantly.

Just sayin.
Guys please, whats the best gems for start league lvling ice Storm (manualy cast from lvl 33 :equip staff)? Thanks for tips
maybe try herald of agony setup in chest
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Then moved Elemental Weakness + Frostbite + Enfeeble to a 4L with Bane to apply all 3 curses in one very quick cast on a huge AoE radius.

The rest of your post is very promising -- thanks for the ideas.

Here, I'm asking where do you get the third curse? Occultist only gives us +1 curse for a total of 2 (we don't normally path to the +1 curse keystone.)

Presumably you have it set up and working, so I am really curious.
Can someone please respond to a levelling skill?

Using mines is clunky as fuck and the damage of that frost wave feels low.

What other options from 1-38?
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

The rest of your post is very promising -- thanks for the ideas.

Here, I'm asking where do you get the third curse? Occultist only gives us +1 curse for a total of 2 (we don't normally path to the +1 curse keystone.)

Presumably you have it set up and working, so I am really curious.
I pathed to Whispers of Doom as its only 3 passives, even after the move.
convert cold to fire + avatar of fire and add firestorm xDDD
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Can someone please respond to a levelling skill?

Using mines is clunky as fuck and the damage of that frost wave feels low.

What other options from 1-38?

The way the reservation is calculated is much trickier than I thought. If there's 1 non support spell and n supports, then the reservation is the support reservations multiplied together and then multiplied by 30% or whatever.

However, if there are TWO non support spells, each not support spell has a weight of 1, so two of them give a weight of two, and thus the mana reservation is doubled.

So you need to take WINTER or COLD SNAP out of the second spellslinger links.

This is what I am going to try (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdoHPedhC68&t=1585s). Thanks to LiNGeN for this idea; he deserves the credit.

Spoiler

"
1. Make a witch, get FREEZING PULSE-- ARCANE SURGE SUPPORT. Look for BBG/GGB/BBB items.
2. [..] are gems purchased at vendor, {..} are quests before rewards
3. ----------------- ACT 1 – NEED 1 WIS, 5 TRANSMUTE ORBS
4. Make a scion
5. FREEZING PULSE – ARCANE SURGE – (BB from Witch)
6. {Breaking Eggs} FROST BOMB – SPELL CASCADE (BB), FROSTBLINK
7. {Caged Brute} FROST BOMB – SPELL CASCADE – [ADDED COLD DAMAGE] (BBG)
8. FREEZING PULSE – ARCANE SURGE – [ADDED COLD DAMAGE] (BBG)
9. {Siren’s Cadence} CREEPING FROST – [VOLLEY] – [ADDED COLD DAMAGE] (GGB)
10. [WINTERTIDE BRAND]
11. FROST BLINK -> FLAME DASH, [SMOKE MINE] (LMB Detonate)
12. Make 2 cold resist rings
13. ----------------- ACT 2 – NEED 7 ALT ORBS AIEE
14. {Intruders In Black} [SKITTER BOTS], HERALD OF ICE
15. [COLD SNAP]
16. {Sharp and Cruel} CREEPING FROST – VOLLEY – CONTROLLED DESTRUCTION (BBG)
17. COLD SNAP – [ELEMENTAL FOCUS] – [CONTROLLED DESTRUCTION] (BBB)
18. WINTERTIDE BRAND – [ELEMENTAL FOCUS] – [CONTROLLED DESTRUCTION] (BBB)
19. FROST BOMB – SPELL CASCADE – [FASTER CASTING] (BBB)
20. ----------------- ACT 3 – NEED 2 ALT ORBS, 1 TRANSMUTE ORB
21. {Lost in Love} FROSTBITE (B)
22. [SPELLSLINGER] – CREEPING FROST – VOLLEY – CONTROLLED DESTRUCTION (BBGB)
23. [SPELLSLINGER] – (WINTERTIDE BRAND or COLD SNAP) – CONTROLLED DESTRUCTION (BBB)
24. [POWER SIPHON] (Act 1) – need Elemental Overload selected note
25. POWER SIPHON must be in wand. Max out the spell damage of your wand(s).
26. ----------------- ACT 4 – NEED 3 ALCH ORBS
27. {Breaking the Seal} SUMMON CARRION GOLEM
28. [HEXTOUCH] – POWER SIPHON – FROSTBITE – must be in (BBB) wand
29. Add BONECHILL to COLD SNAP
30. [CWDT] - [IMMORTAL CALL]

(version 1.7 - clarified POWER SIPHON must be in a wand) After step 23, you'll be at 93% mana reservation, so no auras for you. This is a glass cannon build.

Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 19, 2020, 12:24:10 AM
What about just lvling with srs? They Are good even od you have nothing to support them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info