[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Post the PoB links for the Assassin/Guardian/Ascendant variants please, so we can see the numbers for each variant.

I have doubts about other Ascendancy choices being better but I want to see the PoB links first.

There was someone trying like 1-2 weeks ago a full crit Asssasin variant of build with decent gear (with nice clear speed and explosions) and almost got 1-shooted by a barrel :)

"
Graiaule wrote:
Yeah, power creep is fun and real in this game!

Remember when we were upset multicraft was reduced to only 2 usable crafts?

One more item that would be interesting is what "/played" says for you.

/played returns the following:

You have played for 25 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes and 9 seconds :)))
Last edited by lilianmarius on Feb 22, 2020, 10:43:45 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Post the PoB links for the Assassin/Guardian/Ascendant variants please, so we can see the numbers for each variant.

I have doubts about other Ascendancy choices being better but I want to see the PoB links first.

There was someone trying like 1-2 weeks ago a full crit Asssasin variant of build with decent gear (with nice clear speed and explosions) and almost got 1-shooted by a barrel :)

I basically went to YT and searched for "POE 3.9 Whispering Ice" and this Assassin version was there with a PoB pastebin, so I plugged in my gear and gems and it looks decent.

Don't know who this is, and he hasn't posted a guide in the Shadow section, but here's his video and PoB: https://youtu.be/vRyYDu3tIDk and https://pastebin.com/MCW67cEh

I've been away long enough and I was already inexperienced before then, so I don't know if this Assassin build has holes in it that make it inferior.

The only thing it looks like it's missing, compared to the Scion and Templar versions, is passive mitigation to chill/freeze/stun (but can do with flasks, so is that a big deal?). And, if you can't get a piece of gear with "can apply an additional curse", then it looks like you have to sacrifice somewhere to get Whispers of Doom (which is what I would have to do).

Aside from that, I am not good enough at this stuff to know if I'm missing something else. But the DPS appears quite a bit better, and the +movement speed looks really REALLY enticing.

Hopefully you can clarify the pro's and con's because I'm having a hard time making a decision on which way to go.
"
SkylerOG wrote:

I basically went to YT and searched for "POE 3.9 Whispering Ice" and this Assassin version was there with a PoB pastebin, so I plugged in my gear and gems and it looks decent.

Don't know who this is, and he hasn't posted a guide in the Shadow section, but here's his video and PoB: https://youtu.be/vRyYDu3tIDk and https://pastebin.com/MCW67cEh

The version in the video and with the pastebin code from PoB was posted some weeks ago in this forum , but even the person that tried it accepted that is not that good for endgame since it lacks survivability against end-game bosses

Kelvynn's Ascendant version of the build is the most balanced version when it comes to damage/clear speed and survivability against end game content, that's why people are playing it.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Feb 22, 2020, 12:26:50 PM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

I've been away long enough and I was already inexperienced before then, so I don't know if this Assassin build has holes in it that make it inferior.

The only thing it looks like it's missing, compared to the Scion and Templar versions, is passive mitigation to chill/freeze/stun (but can do with flasks, so is that a big deal?). And, if you can't get a piece of gear with "can apply an additional curse", then it looks like you have to sacrifice somewhere to get Whispers of Doom (which is what I would have to do).

Aside from that, I am not good enough at this stuff to know if I'm missing something else. But the DPS appears quite a bit better, and the +movement speed looks really REALLY enticing.

Hopefully you can clarify the pro's and con's because I'm having a hard time making a decision on which way to go.

That was my video that Lilian mentioned in his last post. I was trying something different because I got a bit bored of scion all the time. Meanwhile I played a bit more assassine and reached level 97 and have some more experience.

The best version is still kelvyns scion version. I would still recommend you the scion version. Just follow this build here. I personally will try the assassine in the league.

Sorry for my bad English.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

The version in the video and with the pastebin code from PoB was posted some weeks ago in this forum , but even the person that tried it accepted that is not that good for endgame since it lacks survivability against end-game bosses

Kelvynn's Ascendant version of the build is the most balanced version when it comes to damage/clear speed and survivability against end game content, that's why people are playing it.
Cool, appreciate it.

Any opinion on the Guardian version?

The only reason I ask is I already have a 91 Templar with 114/8 points to spend, while only having a 75 Scion with 98/6 points. Like I said, I wasn't that experienced even when I played last.

I had a 90 Occultist with this char before and loved it. Decent gear and all the gems and jewels, and was having a blast before some stuff in RL caused me to have to take a hiatus, until now.
My modifications to the build:
1) Lazy Vortex / Frost Bomb link: Vortex + Frost Bomb + Bonechill + CWDT (lvl 21/20)
2) Crown of Invard Eye for +% global ES and Transfigurations (also: cheap, even with max rolls)
3) Because I get Transfiguration of Mind from the Crown I anoint Mystic Talents (Opal + Silver + Amber) for +30 to Int, 16% increased Spell Damage, +14 to maximum Energy Shield
4) (partly because I did not get 6L chest) Linking golem with Culling strike (and changing to Fire-type for dmg / more chance fore culling triggering attacks)
5) Arcane Surge with Flamedash AND lazy AS from tree (Templar area)

Of course all gems changed to corresponding awakened versions.
Ok so 3.10 sounds interesting. Without waiting for all information on patch notes, nerfs, buffs and so on this new Cluster Jewel Keystone seems compatible with our build:

Spoiler
Gain 2 Grasping Vines each second while stationary
2% chance to deal Double Damage per Grasping Vine
1% less Damage taken per Grasping Vine
(Up to 10 Vines can grasp you, inflicting 8% less Movement Speed per Vine, Broken by moving)

Can't recall how Flame Dash behaves while grasped by vines nor if they're removed if dashing. Otherwise it is quite dangerous against hard bosses.

Other than that it seems like the min/maxing window is increased by all the new passives.
Have to wonder if GGG is trying to kill off Path of Building since PoB makes it somewhat easier to figure out optimal builds.
oh boy

280 new possible skill tree points. A lot of crafting posibilitys and a lot of new unbalanced monster.

I am thinking of leaving poe. That game was my favorite for a long time. But the way they go is not longer my way.

I want to play a game without have to study. I only need a little bit fun.

But every league its more difficult and without kelvyns guide or lilians help i want know what to do to get good endgame gear.

But in the next league there will be a problem to get a good tree, overhelming posibilities to craft and manipulate the items.

Thats not fun for me.

Thanks for the great time and have fun.
@ichbin, the new features are just add-ons. You don't actually have to use them or learn them!

That is, the current build and strategies will still work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info