[3.8] Assassin Cobra Lash Detailed Endgame Guide | 6.5k+ Life | High DPS | All Content | Gameplay up

- Changed POB, Cobra Lash instead of ST. Damage went up by a lot. Added Withering Step & Plague Barrier. Removed orb of storms for power charges (was not worth it)

You can follow my character progression. Most gear is obviously really bad right now (especially the weapons).
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/darkix1/characters

"
Alooren wrote:
Why are we going wither totem instead of withering step? withering step allows you instant ramp up and faster map clear at the same time considering we dont spec into cast time a totem will feel clunky, while the wither step will feel natural and gives an instant 6-7 Wither stacks

You are right. This guide was made pre release so some stuff needed to be updated. It's added now.

"
Arcimis wrote:
"
It's hard to tell how it will perform on pure budget gear. You probably want to have atleast 2x wasp nest and coralito's. Damage should be enough. Since a lot of people will play assassin, gear is gonna be expensive on league start.

My concern is more about being able to survive. The damage already just looks insane

Yeah, assassin gear is expensive right now. Survivability-wise, even in red maps, I'm doing pretty good thanks to dodge and elusive buff. But I'm only at T12 so I didn't try out guardians, etc. yet.
Last edited by darkix1 on Sep 8, 2019, 1:56:05 PM
I'm semi following the guide and one thing to take into account is the setting you have in PoB, the abbysal jewel, while you mentioned it that it might be hard to get, is just pure statistical BS. it essentially doubles your damage and makes for unrealistic dps expectations
"
ArkamHatchet wrote:
I'm semi following the guide and one thing to take into account is the setting you have in PoB, the abbysal jewel, while you mentioned it that it might be hard to get, is just pure statistical BS. it essentially doubles your damage and makes for unrealistic dps expectations

The only extra mods left on the abyssal jewel are:
- the delve poison mod on your weapons (equals 60% more poison damage)
- 20% more damage (Assassin's Opportunistic Node, which is up 99% of the time)
- Elusive Attackspeed (because it's not in POB yet)
- +1 Curse Anointment

I removed everything else, what was there to simulate Cobra Lash, after the last POB update.

Also I removed power charges and herald of agony (and the need of malevolence enchant + enlighten lvl 3).

The damage still is better than it was before.

Remember, this is an endgame setup. You are not hitting these numbers without fenumus webs, solstice (temp chains), +1 curse amulet and the finished crafted delve weapons. It's very expensive but not unrealistic.
Last edited by darkix1 on Sep 8, 2019, 2:29:48 PM
Hi so I've been really confused lately. The passive tree in PoB is not the same as the passive tree in PoE. How do i convert this build to work in the new passive tree?
"
Hi so I've been really confused lately. The passive tree in PoB is not the same as the passive tree in PoE. How do i convert this build to work in the new passive tree?

Are you sure? I just checked and both skill trees are the same. Maybe you opened another tree from another guide.
Removed "unfair" bonuses from PoB (bonuses that don't work unless you add them manually somewhere in your gear):
- 60% chance for 100% more poison damage from delve mod on weapons
- 20% more damage from Opportunistic node
- 30% IAS from elusive buff

This means PoB dps went in half while the real dps will remain like before (twice as high as PoB dps).

Last edited by darkix1 on Sep 8, 2019, 5:33:10 PM
So did you make this build or did you just take Ghazzy's? I ask because I saw his youtube video with the same exact build almost a week ago. If it is inspired by him at least give him credit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdz_0H-_si4
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Sep 8, 2019, 5:59:15 PM
hmm nice catch i didnt realize it, looks the same
why do u still keep the wither + totems in this build?
"
Nostrademous wrote:
So did you make this build or did you just take Ghazzy's? I ask because I saw his youtube video with the same exact build almost a week ago. If it is inspired by him at least give him credit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdz_0H-_si4

I've talked with Ghazzy already. The situation was, one of his viewers linked him my PoB without mentioning it was mine. The build looked good, so Ghazzy published it. He realized after the upload, that the build was already on the forums, so he asked me if I want him to take down the video or if I need a plug for my thread. I didn't care for either things. And that's it. You can ask him if you want to. I don't want to post private messages in here.

"
AleXTC wrote:
why do u still keep the wither + totems in this build?

Still worth it for bossing and blight encounters.
Last edited by darkix1 on Sep 9, 2019, 10:51:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info