3.8| Stress Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Marreco1670 wrote:
Hey! I am looking to try this build for my next play through with a friend.

The guide looks really good and I really like simple gameplay it provides. I am really new to the game tho and most build I follow have a leveling guide where it shows the gem progressions, for example I am not too sure what gem to focus on first/use whilst I don't have bladestorm and things like that. Similarly, a leveling skill tree would be nice, even tho any direction is fine I am sure certain things are more important early game than others!

Any chance to add something like that? not necessary a walkthrough but a progression guide and kind of gear/links/pasives checks per act?

Thanks and keep up the nice guides and creative builds!
Hey Marreco1670!

Welcome to the game and I'm glad you're enjoying it! I do get asked for levelling guides on occasion. It's likely going to be the only thing that's requested that I don't implement though (with the exception of the Scion build I have because that can be tricky for new folks). Here's why: I find that the less decision making new players make on their own, the slower they learn the game. This game shows it's true colours when people really start grasping the terms and values described in PoE on their own. So though the learning curve may seem slower with my guides, I find that people really do learn the game quickly making their own choices and doing their own "in-game" reading. I provide the gems, the tree, and I suggest gear. With this specific build, I point out the two KEY passive tree nodes that shouldn't be forgotten about. I'm also very happy to answer any questions people have regarding the build (though I normally can't respond the same day). Also, one thing I shouldn't forget to include is that I always design my trees so that anyone can actually go in any direction they want and they wouldn't be making any poor choices.

I know it's not the answer you were looking for, sorry. I really am happy to answer any questions you have though. So please ask anything you like. And if you have any more suggestions, please feel comfortable to suggest those too.

Thanks again for the kind words and encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Oh! And regarding a bit of tree guidance, I'd go for the mana leech node right away. Then Resolute Technique...but as you travel to those nodes, take all the nodes on the tree as you pass them. It's good to have a balance of health and attack as you go through. You won't be hurting for accuracy in the early stages of the game anyway.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Enjoying this build so much that I began a new toon in Blight SSF to see how it goes. I previously ran in soft-Blight, but had access to much currency and uniques, which made process so easy.

So took a break from that toon at lvl 80, and started anew -- with nothing other than what drops or what I can put together myself in SSF.

Currently lvl 40, only died once as I entered the mines with absolutely 0 fire res and got trapped -- my mistake. Otherwise all good, will update progress later.

Only one tip I have really, I use Leap Slam and Dash, just to get around more efficiently. And damage flasks ...
"
martyl48 wrote:
Enjoying this build so much that I began a new toon in Blight SSF to see how it goes. I previously ran in soft-Blight, but had access to much currency and uniques, which made process so easy.

So took a break from that toon at lvl 80, and started anew -- with nothing other than what drops or what I can put together myself in SSF.

Currently lvl 40, only died once as I entered the mines with absolutely 0 fire res and got trapped -- my mistake. Otherwise all good, will update progress later.

Only one tip I have really, I use Leap Slam and Dash, just to get around more efficiently. And damage flasks ...
Awesome martyl48!

I hope you enjoy the process! I'm glad you are so far. Thanks for the encouragement and for taking the time to do so. Blocking is so great to level with! And you gave a good tip for sure.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Idn, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm facing real difficulties clearing blight encounters, the survivability is on point but the clear speed is pretty weak, it might be due to my build though, I'm not quite sure.

I can pretty easily clear t14 rare map bosses as an example, but even in a t10 with branching out lanes I might fail the blight encounter. Not even talking about the blighted maps :(.

Any suggestions on what I could do?

edit --- by build I mean my items*
edit --- thanks for the build though, gameplay wise it is really fun!!!
Last edited by Furpict on Nov 27, 2019, 1:48:09 PM
This build does not mesh well with Blight mechanic. I've avoided Cassia completely, tbh.
"
Furpict wrote:
Idn, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm facing real difficulties clearing blight encounters, the survivability is on point but the clear speed is pretty weak, it might be due to my build though, I'm not quite sure.

I can pretty easily clear t14 rare map bosses as an example, but even in a t10 with branching out lanes I might fail the blight encounter. Not even talking about the blighted maps :(.

Any suggestions on what I could do?

edit --- by build I mean my items*
edit --- thanks for the build though, gameplay wise it is really fun!!!
"
martyl48 wrote:
This build does not mesh well with Blight mechanic. I've avoided Cassia completely, tbh.
Hey Furpict,

Thanks for the post. martyl48 isn't wrong. Blight is really made for specific builds. I guess it's hard to make a league that suites every build. But For this league, you either need huge AoE, absurd damage, or minions. It's just one of those leagues :(.

I actually play standard just so I don't have to "remake" my builds for short term league mechanics.

I should put a disclaimer at the top of my guides though that states I don't make my guides for each league specifically.

Hopefully, you don't feel like you've wasted your time, but I'm sorry if you do feel so...and don't feel bad to say so.

I to find this build really easy to clear all contents of the core game. I know it doesn't help now, but I've tweaked the guide for 3.9 and it'll do a lot more damage from 3.9 onwards.

Anyway, thanks for your honesty. I'm glad you're liking it except for Blight maps. My only suggestion for you (besides getting a sweet DPS Sword...which is everyone's goal anyway) is when doing Blight maps, stay close to the pulsing thingy. Only bother improving the towers at choke points and upgrade them with slow. It'll give our build time to kill whoever is close. Bladestorm really shines when enemies are grouped together.

I know it's not much, but it's the best I can think of without actually changing the build around tons.

Annnnnd

Off topic here. My Dodging Cyclone build is done but the guide is not. That being said, I've had lots of excitement shown towards it and so I've posted it early and unfinished: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2682751. All the information you need to play is there. But the explanations are not. So feel free to start playing and have a great time. I'll be updating the guide constantly until it is done but the build itself won't change. (I've finally made my decisions!)

I'm sorry it took so long to make! I was going to have it done for 3.7 but heard that the Raider was going to be modified in 3.8. So I waited in case GGG removed the Dodge mechanic from the ascendancy (which is what the build revolves around.) Luckily they didn't remove Dodge. But then they added Elemental perks which screwed up my decision making even more and require TONS more theory crafting. THEN ExileCon was just around the corner and so I figured I'd better wait for those announcements. And now EVERYTHING is going to hit the fan when PoE 2 comes out...but PoE 2 is going to be amazing and I can't wait.

Either way, I'm really sorry it took until the end of 3.8 to release this. I hope you enjoy it but would definitely prefer honest feedback.

Thanks again everyone for all of your amazing encouragement.

Annnnnd

Hi just want to say thank you. Been playing POE a while but just just as I get a character really going I find that I cannot keep up with the gameplay. But a couple of days ago I came on your build guides, more by luck than judgement to be honest, but sounds great for me. At 66 years old I am not the youngest gamer about but I love it. Not complaining but health wise I am not so good so a character I can play more or less one handed and just walk through the game, I mean come on I am already on level 12 lol.
So this is just a massive thank you for your time effort and encouragement to the rest of us.
THANK YOU.
"
smokeycat wrote:
Hi just want to say thank you. Been playing POE a while but just just as I get a character really going I find that I cannot keep up with the gameplay. But a couple of days ago I came on your build guides, more by luck than judgement to be honest, but sounds great for me. At 66 years old I am not the youngest gamer about but I love it. Not complaining but health wise I am not so good so a character I can play more or less one handed and just walk through the game, I mean come on I am already on level 12 lol.
So this is just a massive thank you for your time effort and encouragement to the rest of us.
THANK YOU.
Hey smokeycat!

That's really awesome to hear. I'm so happy to have been able to help and I'm very thankful that you took the time out of your day to let me know and be encouraging. Thank you. I appreciate everything you said.

The amazing thing about PoE is that it provides so many (infinite) build options that even people that need "1 button" builds, like you and I, can play the game efficiently.

Thank you again for your kindness and time.

Annnnnd

So as of a few hours ago today on 12/10/19, the official 3.9 Patch notes fully released. I did not see much information to both changes or buffs to anything in relation to this gladiator block build. Even though it seems that GGG is really pushing Bow Builds for the 3.9 league, does this build seem both strong and viable in any way for 3.9? Any additional thoughts and detailed information I / We should be mindful of; prior to starting our 3.9 journey while planning to fully use this build in a few days would be great !

Thanks!
"Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free." - The Shawshank Redemption

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info