Path of Exile: Blight Gem Information

"
dobahkin wrote:
Why zombie numbers have been nerfed? You could get 10 zombies without any items before (3 gem + 5 on tree +2 ascendancy) it's 9 now, (7 on gem +2 on tree)? I played summoner many leagues now (focusing on zombies) this is significant nerf for me. Unless the gem gets another one at lv 20+

+1 zombie per 5 lvl. (4 -5lvl/ 5 - 10 lvl) Capping - 10 / level 35
So "Remote mine" was "50% more damage", now "Blast Chain mine" is "25% less damage, but 5% more for each detonated mine in chain".
Let's presume we have spell with 100 damage.
- 20 detonated "Remote mines" deal: 100 * 1.5 * 20 = 3000 Dmg
- 20 detonated "Blast Chain mines" deal: 100 * 0.75 * 1 + 100 * 0.75 * 1.05 + ... + 100 * 0.75 * 1.95 = 75 * 20 + 3.75 * (1 + 2 + ... + 19) = 1500 + 712.5 = 2212.5 DMG => so it's 26.25% less damage than "Remote mines" (last mine in 20-mines chain will do less damage than regular "remote mine"). And it's if you place 20 of them before detonate (less placed => much worse). And you'll have to wait few seconds for that "chain detonation". Oh and that will reserve mana. But hey! You can throw them now! Great...

Please tell me I'm missing something cause it seems completely nerfed to sh*t.
#RussiaIaATerroristState
Last edited by VS_Revan on Sep 5, 2019, 7:38:54 AM
So, Minion Life doesn't affect the damage of Infernal Legion. That's too bad.
Let's see if it's gonna be a viable alternative to Melee Splash, as they suggested.
Have one question,
Carrion Golem can have only 1 summoned Golem, but on the video you present 4 at the same time, is that a Wrong tooltip on gem, or a ninja "nerf"? :)
I really dislike the changes to RF :-( Same goes for Pulverize (which was slightly too op...yes).
Its a buff for normal life/es based chars.

Its a slight nerv for extreme life/es chars.[/quote]

Its a nerf for every life/es level but mostly for low lvl characters with low life/es.
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502128506434

[/quote]

No mate, you are wrong. Previosly you had 40% of your EHP (life + es) as damage.
Now you got 20% of EHP + 1541 as damage.

So the borderline EHP is

0.4*EHP = 0.2*EHP + 1541;
EHP = 7705.

If your build previously had less than 7705 EHP (doubt it) it's a buff. For EHP > 7705 it's a nerf.

PS. It's about 20lvl gem obviously. Who plays RF from 16lvl anyway?[/quote]

No mate, not wrong, just a different kind of calculation. Ofcorse nobody starts using RF with an lvl 16 character. Rise of the Phoenix and Shavronne's Wrappings are lvl 65; 62 required items. I think, this is the main problem: There arent low lvl items for RF.

And ofcorse in a new league nobody can start with lvl 20 RF gem, so your calculation does not reflect reality. With lover gem lvl its nerf too. And a high lvl RF character with 7705 EHP is useless above tier 5 maps.
"
VS_Revan wrote:
So "Remote mine" was "50% more damage", now "Blast Chain mine" is "25% less damage, but 5% more for each detonated mine in chain".
- 20 detonated "Blast Chain mines" deal: 100 * 0.75 * 1 + 100 * 0.75 * 1.05 + ... + 100 * 0.75 * 1.95 = 75 * 20 + 3.75 * (1 + 2 + ... + 19) = 1500 + 712.5 = 2212.5 DMG => so it's 26.25% less damage than "Remote mines" (last mine in 20-mines chain will do less damage than regular "remote mine"). And it's if you place 20 of them before detonate (less placed => much worse). And you'll have to wait few seconds for that "chain detonation". Oh and that will reserve mana. But hey! You can throw them now! Great...

New mines also are buffed by aura modifiers.
Cluster Traps what are the changes?
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
Last edited by chosk80 on Sep 5, 2019, 8:31:47 AM
"
MaxGor31 wrote:
"
orion314 wrote:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
Its a buff for normal life/es based chars.

Its a slight nerv for extreme life/es chars.

Its a nerf for every life/es level but mostly for low lvl characters with low life/es.
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502128506434

No mate, you are wrong. Previosly you had 40% of your EHP (life + es) as damage.
Now you got 20% of EHP + 1541 as damage.

So the borderline EHP is

0.4*EHP = 0.2*EHP + 1541;
EHP = 7705.

If your build previously had less than 7705 EHP (doubt it) it's a buff. For EHP > 7705 it's a nerf.

PS. It's about 20lvl gem obviously. Who plays RF from 16lvl anyway?

No mate, not wrong, just a different kind of calculation. Ofcorse nobody starts using RF with an lvl 16 character. Rise of the Phoenix and Shavronne's Wrappings are lvl 65; 62 required items. I think, this is the main problem: There arent low lvl items for RF.

And ofcorse in a new league nobody can start with lvl 20 RF gem, so your calculation does not reflect reality. With lover gem lvl its nerf too. And a high lvl RF character with 7705 EHP is useless above tier 5 maps.
"
VS_Revan wrote:

How about you use one of the mine gems themselves? So you don't need the extra gem slot to waste for the skill for the mine?

I POBed a dual 6 link miner for now for example.

Went for

-6 Link Tremor Rod with: Icicle / Trap and mine damage support / Conc / Voley / Crit damage / Minefield.
-6 Link Lorereave with : Ice Spear / High Impact Mine SUpport / Controlled / Minefield / Cold Penetration / GMP

The high impact mine with the chance of dealing double damage and 5 % less damage than Blast chain, completelly negitiates the negative influence.

Also, you miss the fact, that you could not have up to 25 mines active last league. you get to have 10 mines more than the league before. WIth the stacking auras ( wich you obv forget too ), you get free crit / damage, depending on what you take, and 100% effectiveness of that effect + scalabillity from passive trees, due to the fact, that mines have the aura tag.

You have to do more math mate :P A simple 0815 calculation will never be accurate, before considering every aspect and influence there is.

Overall, this is a huge buff in terms of quallity of life too.

The fact that you have such a flawless and smooth gameplay with mines now, lets you clear faster, be much more mobile in bossing, and you have pets, that trigger your mines twice. With tremor rod, it's going to be up to 3 repeats of the same mine, without it beeing used up.

Example:

Throw mine. Trigger it. Skitter Bot Triggers Mine, re- arms it. Trigger mine again or let the skitter trigger it.

Skitters can be influenced with minion movement speed and area of effect. You know what I' m saying?

Btw: Skitters have a base 10% MORE multiplier for mines. wich also helps on the loss.

Apart from that, Tremor rod got rid of the 35 % LESS damage completelly and gives you 2 free gem levels.

Now let's recap:

35 % MORE MINE DAMAGE - TREMOR ROD
+2 GEM LEVEL - TREMOR ROD
10% MORE MINE DAMAGE - SKITTER BOTS
STACKING AURA FOR UP TO 6*25% INCREASED DAMAGE - AURA FROM THE NEW MINE
MINES ARE INSTANT
MINES DON'T CANCLE EACH OTHER OUT
MINES CAN BE THROWN
MINES CAN ACTIVATE MID AIR
MINES DON'T NEED TO " DEPLOY " ANYMORE ( Wich most of you completelly ignored )
10 MINES MORE THAN BEFORE - IT'S FACT
MAX MINE AMMOUNT REACHED IN JUST 2 SEC - BASE THROW SPEED REDUCTION

Negative:
50% More Damage loss

Cmon man. Don't be like that.
The 3 first lines in the additions already make up for this lmao.

Good luck mate!!

If you wanna see my POB, lemme know!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info