Balance in Path of Exile: Blight

I actually laughed aloud when I read the section about mana for spellcasters. The changes are...kind of just unnecessary? If they really think the issue with casters is that mana leech was too good...I...really don't know what to say. So now we get to replace mana leech with a required mana pot modifier, so that's a flask gone, and/or more investment required for the new mana passives...and...why, exactly?

I just don't get the logic here, unless the logic is just change for the sake of change. Truly baffling design choice (as if spellcasters were op...?)

The rest looks pretty nice to me.

Edit; also, mega rip to indigon, unless I'm missing something.
Last edited by MeWhenum on Sep 2, 2019, 9:47:49 PM
Oh, wow, mana leech got flat out neutered...

IMO leech should be leech, regardless of direct damage method... be it spells or attacks. Having to invest a gem slot to get leech (life or mana) for spells is a non-starter.
Leech from other sources (totems, minions) should apply to them unless a notable directs it to the player deploying them.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
These balance manifesto's are as long as patch notes used to be. I love the level of communication from you all as a team.

Also, that you for returning POE to a time (gameplay wise) when skills aren't attached to specific ascendancies. I've felt like (since Essence) that specific skills being tied to ascendancies took away from some of the strongest aspects of POE's design - the freedom to mix characters, archetypes, and skills that other games forced into specific "classes" or roles.

My personal example was Necro. Necro was the primary way to play summoners due to the various explicit buffs certain skills got from that ascendancy. Now that specific skills buffs are being removed from the Ascendancy (and it sounds like more are on the way) this opens up whole new worlds and combinations of reusing assets (something ya'll love to do!) like skills and ascnendancies, but in new combinations previously not thought of. Thanks for unlocking the door and throwing it open to a wide world of possibilities in Wraeclast for blight league!
IGN: Steeldraconis
G3 Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/goodguygaming
Youtube: http://tinyurl.com/y5nvpcpo
Check out the CHAD Zerker build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2478633
S𓆣C𓆣A𓆣R𓆣A𓆣B𓆣G𓆣O𓆣D𓆣L𓆣I𓆣V𓆣E𓆣S𓆣
Last edited by Steeldraconis on Sep 2, 2019, 9:48:23 PM
"
MeWhenum wrote:
I actually laughed aloud when I read the section about mana for spellcasters. The changes are...kind of just unnecessary? If they really think the issue with casters is that mana leech was too good...I...really don't know what to say. So now we get to replace mana leech with a required mana pot modifier, so that's a flask gone, and/or more investment required for the new mana passives...and...why, exactly?

I just don't get the logic here, unless the logic is just change for the sake of change. Truly baffling design choice (as if spellcasters were op...?)

The logic behind their post is that Melee has to build Accuracy to scale well into end-game, so it gets easy mana. Spellcasters always hit, so the best way to balance them out is to limit the amount of spells that can be cast. So either cast speed or mana. GGG has chosen mana.

EDIT: Please note, I am not saying I agree with them via this. While I think reddit over-reacts to this change, I DO NOT think this change is a perfect solution. Spells and Melee have way to much other stuff seperating them in terms of performance. I am just stating what I think GGG's reason for the mana-spellcast stuff.
Last edited by KnightAgenta on Sep 2, 2019, 9:50:37 PM
Any chance we can see the Guardian tree before too long?
"
Dragothjim wrote:
its probably similar to slayer life leech ascedancy.Even on full mana you still regen but for lower duration.This will help if you spam alot of times your skill i guess

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Normally, when you reach full mana, the effect terminates. With Enduring, the effect will last its full duration, even if you reach the cap.

"
vonzgred wrote:
I assume it's about the additional effects of flask.
Non-enduring mana flask of something - the something effect is on as long as your mana is growing and dies the instant your mana is full ("flask no longer working")
Enduring mana flask of something - the something effect lasts for the given amount of time independent from your mana pool state, with given amount of time being lowered compared to standard.

Oh, yeah yeah it is starting to make sense now.
Thanks for the quick clarifications guys, much appreciated !
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Nerfing caster mana and melee pulverize like this will ensure the only build people play are summoner/miners or much later on the league, white map tornado farmers.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Honestly? You nerf Berserkers insanely but you don't touch Champion? OR IMPALE?!?! Impale literally DOUBLES your damage! A 12% chance was too much for Berserker?!?!

Guess I'll just go back to stacking Impale to 25 million dps instead of 12 million with the same exact build on zerker -,-
"
MeWhenum wrote:

the point is opening the game up and removing the limitation they had on themselves because mana sustain was not a consideration for practically any build in the game.

Now mana flasks are relevant again lategame, with some new cool clusters on top of it too.

AND it brings back MoM as a relevant keystone and archetype
"
Desecrate has had its cooldown removed, and now has a shorter cast time.

POGGERS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info