[3.8] Dominating Blow Staff Guardian [HC][SSF][League Start]

Thanks for the guide!

Just wondering if you thought coming calamity was BiS for us? It seems like that would cost us a lot of survivability (life, res, armor), just for +2 to herald of purity. Am I underestimating it somehow?
"
buttdick314 wrote:
Thanks for the guide!

Just wondering if you thought coming calamity was BiS for us? It seems like that would cost us a lot of survivability (life, res, armor), just for +2 to herald of purity. Am I underestimating it somehow?

It also reduces the mana reservation cost significantly, which makes it easier to sustain a 6L herald, especially when running the optional Flesh and Stone-Maim link. Really though, a rare is BIS.
Heads up, I will not be league starting with this. I have an insane idea that will never work that I'm league starting with, so this build will not feature in my stream during launch.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
Heads up, I will not be league starting with this. I have an insane idea that will never work that I'm league starting with, so this build will not feature in my stream during launch.

LoL fair enough. bizarre is good at keeping everything fresh. I however, will enjoy this as my league starter. Thank you for sharing.
isnt dom blow way to slow and clunky?
or did the 3.8 changes affect it ?
Bayern des samma mia
"

That depends on how slow is too slow to you. It's perfectly viable to do mapping in, and feels pretty good to me. It's not the top tier meta zoomzoom build though, so if that's what you want then look elsewhere.

3.8 gave us good stuff in Guardian, including permanent onslaught, to help with the speed issues. It also will allow us to have a mini-ancestral call for free using anointments. Overall, I think this will be a pretty good build for SSF and HC.
ah ok and on bosses? is it hard to get the army up? or is the 3.8 buff helping
Bayern des samma mia
Hi

Thanks for sharing your build. I pick it for league start in softcore and it roll over everything easly for the moment (lvl 46) it's quite impressive ^^

You say "It also will allow us to have a mini-ancestral call for free using anointments" what do you mean by that?

"

Yep i hope at hight lvl with good aspd it will be better, i often strike in emptiness as the minions kill stuff too fast xD

Fly safe

This looks interesting. I was wanting to use the buffed dominating blow and HoP this league, and I like the concept/flavour of the guardian more than the necromancer (which otherwise seems crazy powerful). Playing softcore though, so I don't mind much about dying now and then. :D
"
Tagmatar wrote:
You say "It also will allow us to have a mini-ancestral call for free using anointments" what do you mean by that?

Yep i hope at hight lvl with good aspd it will be better, i often strike in emptiness as the minions kill stuff too fast xD

With anointments we can get a passive node that makes dominating blow hit another target, just like Ancestral Call but weaker.

If enemies die before you can hit them, it sounds like you didn't need more minions to kill things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info