[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

"
Cutthroat1205 wrote:
"
loczek123 wrote:
"
Not worth the pathing cost imo. There really is no boss that is that long without adds to fill up the flasks. 2x4.8s to apply poisons will burn any boss down to the next phase, usually an add phase.

Hmm, I began to think more deeply about it and I think you're right, at first I calculated this path through the prism of HP, which is so hard and that's another 14 valuable percent. And all in all, it's worth giving up this path from Jewel. This will give us an additional 8 points. 2 spent on 8% HP on the wheel at Written in Blood. Additional Jewel for 2 points (that nobody noticed that I was miss it lol :o), 3 points to finish claw wheel (60 Crit chance and 30 multi) and we are still one point on plus! Thanks for your valuable comments!

I will do PoB and poeplanner update tomorrow morning, well now I'm at work on a night shift and I have only a smartphone available XD

I updated what you mentioned here. I took that one point as well as removed the growth and decay tree and put those 5 points to go get Dire Torment and pushed a little more DPS. Your thoughts would be appreciated. :)

https://pastebin.com/htNFBDsY

I get more damage from not going for Dire Torment and instead using those 5 points for Heartseeker and the phys/chaos nodes at Shadow start instead of the dex nodes. Has the added bonus that those 4 chaos/phys nodes will help IMMENSLY for early leveling.

People forget that increased physical damage scales poison too as we convert 50% of phys into chaos. So these little nodes are pretty good.

Basically what happens is you use two points to gain 42% increased chaos damage plus 42% increased physical damage which means you get more chaos damage from the conversion, which is then scaled by the increased chaos damage. And lose 20 dex.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 6, 2019, 12:53:47 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
First time in 7 years of playing this game that I see someone talking about stat priority in relation to PoE :D

Only thing I can think of is get as much life on your rares as possible and enough resists to cap at 75%. Not sure if that is what you mean though.

Legion was my first full on league, so I'm still a bit new to the game and don't fully understand all the damage scaling mechanics behind different types of damage. I definitely know to cap res and life on most if not all gear. I'm talking like when I ID random rares, or pick up unique items, what stats will do the most, preferably in order of importance?

Something like affix X > affix Y > affix Z, or you really want A, B, and C on your gloves and A, C, and D on your boots. The ED\Cont guide I followed for Legion had a breakdown like this and said you want to prioritize non ailment chaos damage over time. That was the premier stat you wanted, and was always the goto if possible, and if it wasn't there was a secondary stat that provided the next largest increase in power, and so on and so forth.

Granted I haven't had a chance to check out the PoB due to work, I'm not sure what this build scales with. Phys damage? Flat chaos damage or % chaos damage? Is it all poison\DOT % increases? Is attack speed important? Stuff like that.

Ok, got it. Didn't realize that poison builds can be a bit confusing for newer players. Even more so with the crit multi acting as a poison damage multiplier too. As OP said, the Viper Strike video of Mathil 100% applies to this build and you should find a good base of knowledge of what to look for on items. Any questions after that should be quickly answered in this thread.

Hi, Mecielle
As I'm a newer player, I don't know what you guys are talking about but, I wanna ask this. Are you really recommending this build for newer players? Can I do exactly same as this build? I really want to play with an assassin.
Thank you for the responding.
Last edited by BlackCats7 on Sep 6, 2019, 12:55:34 AM
"
BlackCats7 wrote:

Hi, Mecielle
As I'm a newer player, I don't know what you guys are talking about but, I wanna ask this. Are you really recommending this build for newer players? Can I do exactly same as this build? I really want to play with an assassin.

This is a work in progress as a number of the skill gems used in this build are new. I don't see why you couldn't follow this build, as long as you keep checking into this thread for updates as we find things out together. The build is definitely "subject to change," but is a good starting point for sure.
Last edited by Nizreb915 on Sep 6, 2019, 1:08:23 AM
"
BlackCats7 wrote:

Hi, Mecielle

Yes, you can definitely do this as a new player. Just check in periodically, maybe read the new comments here every day. Right now from the info we have it looks like Cobra Lash is a skill you get at level 1 which will still be insanely good at level 90. But things are just assumptions at this point and not set in stone.

To a friend that started playing last league I gave the advice to keep an eye on poe.ninja. After a day in the league there will show up the characters that use the same build as you. You can look at their items and their passive trees to see what they are doing, maybe get some new ideas. Here is the link:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Assassin&skillmode=Normal

Right now it is still on Legion, but it will change to Blight today and tomorrow there should be the first characters showing up. When that happaned just type Cobra Lash into the search, click the skill and you will see all Assassins that are using Cobra Lash. You can then sort by level or DPS.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 6, 2019, 1:15:48 AM
So ... I collected all the comments, I added my own and the final version of the tree was created.

https://pastebin.com/j80je4FN

There is a bit less HP but it will be offset by an additional Jewel, I went to Chaos / Physical at the start path. Growth and Decay I replaced for Dire Torment (it is extremely strong!). I also removed Ballistic Mastry, I think 15% Projectile Speed is not worth 2 points. Tree now ends at 120 points, the last three are Heartseeker (if there is no problem with HP, you can add it earlier instead of small HP). I think this is the optimal tree, thank you for all the feedback :)

I also added chest in items, you can check the DPS loss is not big so probably on edgame we will use HP chest at all.

Perfect Agony - so you need only 3 points to get it. So I leave this Keystone for a personal preferences, you can put out small HP/Jewel or Crit chance and multi on the Claw wheel at any time. And depending on when you have Coralito's.

Okay, I can go to sleep now :)

first page also updated
Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 6, 2019, 1:40:59 AM
@loczek123: I just now realized that you take "Ambush and Assassinate" instead of "Unstable Fusion". As I am 100% going with "Unstable Fusion" I was wondering why.

Lets take a look at Ambush and Assassinate step by step:

"20% more damage against low life enemies"

Really only comes into play vs. high end bosses aka Uber Atziri, Uber Elder and Aul. Everything else goes from 35% to 0% life almost instantly from our poisons. Also, the 20% more only applies to poisons we inflict while the enemy is at low life. All the poisons we applied before will not deal 20% more. So I would say this is borderline useless.

"+40% to crit multi against enemies at full life"

Full life means 100%. 99.9999% is already not full life anymore. So, for exactly 1 poison this applies. The many poisons we apply later get nothing. Useless.

"100% more critical strike chance against enemies at full life"

Almost the same as the last node, but this is a tiny bit more useful as in some cases 1 poison is enough to kill trash mobs.

"100% more critical strike chance against enemies at full life"

Same problem as with the other "low life" mod. At the point everything except the bosses I mentioned will be dead very, very soon after they reach low life state.

"Crits have Culling Strike"

Also only applies against the top tier bosses. Against everything else we won't be even hitting them once they are below 10% as their life is dropping very quickly from poison. And Culling Strike only works with hits below 10% life.

So, overall in my eyes this is a less than mediocre node to take for a poison build. And it is overshadowed by being able to have automatic 100% power charge uptime (and an additional power charge) without using 3 or 4 gem sockets for stormbrand and having to rely on taking damage to proc it.

Those are just my thoughts. I know Unstable Infusion is not great either. But I think it is the better choice here. And for people that want to use this to mostly farm bosses, Opportunistic is a great alternative too.

Unrelated piece of advice: Help Alira and change it to +2 passives later. The benefit of the mana regen and resists while leveling the first character of a league, which means you are basically self found, is immense. And 20 regret orbs to change it to +2 passives is basically nothing once you are mapping.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 6, 2019, 1:47:29 AM
Unstable Infusion is completely unnecessary, it gives us only 40% more Critical Chance. I completely do not understand the delight of Unstable Infusion this node only makes sense as we add Deadly Infusion or we have mechanics that scale well with Power Charge. Opportunistic can also be taken into account in choosing the last points but certainly not Unstable Infusion, unless you actually find something worth having in 4 link.
Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 6, 2019, 2:00:28 AM
"
loczek123 wrote:
Unstable Infusion is completely unnecessary, it gives us only 40% more Critical Chance. As for the setup that generates Power Charge for me, it will be used to generate SHOCK which is amazing for this build. I completely do not understand the delight of Unstable Infusion this node only makes sense as we add Deadly Infusion or we have mechanics that scale well with Power Charge.

So you ignore my arguments that "Ambush and Assassinate" is basically useless.

And let me know how your level 8 Storm Brand with its 16 to 47 unscaled lightning damage shocks enemies for a huge damage boost. At most you will get 1%. Against enemies where shock would actually make a difference you will get 0%. Really not sure where you get the idea that you get huge shocks. You know that ticking the "enemy is shocked" box in PoB assumes maximum shock?

To take the example from the wiki:

"The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally shocking The Shaper requires a single hit of 40 000 lightning damage."
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 6, 2019, 2:06:58 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
loczek123 wrote:
Unstable Infusion is completely unnecessary, it gives us only 40% more Critical Chance. As for the setup that generates Power Charge for me, it will be used to generate SHOCK which is amazing for this build. I completely do not understand the delight of Unstable Infusion this node only makes sense as we add Deadly Infusion or we have mechanics that scale well with Power Charge.

And please let me know how your level 8 Storm Brand with its 16 to 47 unscaled lightning damage shocks enemies for a huge damage boost. At most you will get 1%. Against most enemies you will get 0%. Really not sure where you get the idea that you get huge shocks. You know that ticking the "enemy is shocked" box in PoB assumes maximum shock?

Ye its true about Shock i dont think about this, I even edited that post but you were faster with the answer than my edition :D. Hmm maybe you're right for now I have to sleep when I get up I will think about it. Although for here and now I would exchange for Opportunistic.
Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 6, 2019, 2:06:24 AM
"
loczek123 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
loczek123 wrote:

And let me know how your level 8 Storm Brand with its 16 to 47 unscaled lightning damage shocks enemies for a huge damage boost. At most you will get 1%. Against most enemies you will get 0%. Really not sure where you get the idea that you get huge shocks. You know that ticking the "enemy is shocked" box in PoB assumes maximum shock?

Ye its true about Shock i dont think about this. Hmm maybe you're right for now I have to sleep when I get up I will think about it :D Although for here and now I would exchange for Opportunistic.

Yea, Opportunistic starts to sound nicer and nicer to me too. Movement speed, more damage against bosses and reduced damage taken while mapping and against multiple bosses. Nemesis is a Zana mod, so having two rares nearby in maps will be a very common event.

But have a good night for now ;)

After all, this is for when we do Uber Lab, so no hurry to figure this out.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 6, 2019, 2:25:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info