Master Changes in Path of Exile: Blight

This might be an interesting change but is anyone else reading this as:
-you will get less sulphite from now on
-you will have fewer chances to unveil the mods you need
-you might be forced to do a master on white maps because too many have accumulated and you can't get that master in red anymore (i reeeaaaaally, really hope this won't be the case because it will mess up high lvl mastermind and temple farming)
Last edited by RO_MrGummy on Aug 26, 2019, 3:24:07 AM
oh nice update! love this
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
Yep.

Whether this change is good or terrible is going to depend on a LOOOT of details, details which were not at all shared in this release.

But reduced overall ability to engage with the content we want is NOT an improvement. Less Sulphite, fewer Betrayal missions (Farming foothills is going to beat mapping for farming Syndicate even HARDER now).

Whether "a small amount" really is that or just a GGG euphemism for "Masters are going to be even MORE of a pain in the ass to proc at any reasonable level" remains to be seen.

And for the love of god, please give us literally ANYTHING other than the Jun prophecy to get Syndicate access outside random encounters. We have div cards which drop Sulphite scarabs now and other small accessibility gains for Sulphite, however small, but NOTHING for us Syndicate farmers, and it already takes an average of 22(!) Betryal encounters to get a profitable safehouse. Something - ANYTHING.
Really nice! Now please also fix the unveiling and helmet enchantment systems. <3
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 26, 2019, 3:42:12 AM
"
each Master has a little counter that tracks how many of their missions you've accumulated, and on which Map tiers they can be used (e.g. white/yellow/red). Each day you'll automatically earn a number of Master missions, but if you don't use them, they don't go anywhere -- they're still there on your tracker. Likewise, any missions earned while you're mapping are tracked and accumulated on your Atlas.

For Alva, there is this tactic to run only the first or the first two. To try to maximise your chance to get at the end a good Tier 3 room.

Speaking to Alva, peeking into the menu to see what she got as first room[1], will this count as 'Master Completed'? And not move to the tracker, even though we did not run the room?

Same with Zana, if we speak to her, to see what maps she got, will this also count as 'Master Completed' and not count as "accumulated" onto the tracker, even though we move on?

"
Because we want to make sure players have the opportunity to play what they want when they want, we're moving about half of the random chance for a Master to appear in a map into this Mission accumulation system.

Plainly speaking, instead of appearing in the map, the Master spawns on the Atlas with his or her symbol. Correct?

"
You'll accumulate missions on Standard if you have any valid characters there,

Giving Standard a new lifeline? Selling my red Niko missions to demi?

[1] Rooms are pre-rolled (RNG) with the map, static. The first room will always be the same at each three Alvas.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Aug 26, 2019, 3:56:58 AM
"
FramFramson wrote:
Farming foothills is going to beat mapping for farming Syndicate even HARDER now

Are you still playing Betrayal League?

Check the date, it is August 2019.
Looks good at first sight.

Looks like nerf on second sight.

We have now more questions than answers.

1. Is it 10% chance to meet master now on regular maps?
2. Whats about Zana inventory?
3. The mission number on the next day will be added based on last map you killed boss? So need to kill bosses? What about blight maps? There is no bosses I heard..
4. Can we transfer or trade missions from one master to another? Like, I know many not doing jun, or einhar, or alve, but gladly will do nico instead.
5. Can we sell missions to another players?
6. Mission tier act like before? We get red if killed red boss before tick?
Hmm maybe when we put map into map device show us those additional options to choose - why we have to talk with Zana/Einhar etc.
when i talk to a master to do his/her mission.
will the portals open up around him/her or at the map device?
+ would be better if you just can pick a mission at the map device...:/
Last edited by Rekill on Aug 26, 2019, 4:06:49 AM
"
you may see a very small reduction to the overall number of Master missions you encounter.

So If I play and do master dailies everyday I'll have less master encounters than leagues before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info