[3.11]QUEEN OF NECROMANCY - STRONGEST ZOMBIES EVER? 55M+ DPS 7K+ LIFE MAX BLOCK 90% CHAOS RES

Well dang, being able to summon archers instead of the melee Skellies seems like one heck of a buff. I’d take that over the Vaal counterpart coupled with an insignificant damage buff. The main issue will be how common these gems are for corrupting to 21. Or do you find the Vaal summoning able to be recast within the duration?
Ohh!Looks so cool!Can this build still work in next league?
"
roylfeilei wrote:
Ohh!Looks so cool!Can this build still work in next league?

I highly doubt that anything is going to happen to ruin it, but it's always possible that it will be taken down another notch.

I tend to play my own versions of builds and although I understand that taking the skeletons is better than carrion golem, I don't like skeletons, so I don't use them which leaves me some room. One thing I'm considering for 3.12 (once we know the exact curse details) is self casting my curse so that I can have 2 carnage, a host and an arena master, without the AG gloves. I'll have to decide whether the utility outdoes the doom effect, but I think this league could make self casting a curse as a summoner worthwhile, especially if they introduce a new minion focused curse :D
"
Aldonés wrote:
Well dang, being able to summon archers instead of the melee Skellies seems like one heck of a buff. I’d take that over the Vaal counterpart coupled with an insignificant damage buff. The main issue will be how common these gems are for corrupting to 21. Or do you find the Vaal summoning able to be recast within the duration?

I would suggest that you measure your expectations a little in this regard.

We need to remember that vaal corruptions do not do well with heavily rng gated content.

And skeletons are one of the most rng gated gems since it has vaal corrupted version in vaal summon skeletons.

So if we are to min max like we do normal summon skeletons we will need to be prepared to buy upwards of 20 of this archer skeleton gem, quality them and then hope to god a double corruption yeilds a 21 vaal version.

otherwise you will just have to settle for a vaaless archer gem that is 21 or a level 20 vaal archer gem.

Either way this is not ideal. So in the end simple rng gating suggest you will need to settle for that level 20 vaal archer if you still want the vaal skill.

But another concern is what damage value they will give the archers. The skeleton mages, after all, do not hit even close to as hard as the melee skeletons. Who is to say they wont do the same thing for the archers and preemptively gimp their dps
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 10, 2020, 9:01:21 AM
PoEDB lists the base damage for warriors and archers. Assuming it is correct, archers do ~67% the damage of warriors and attack ~66% slower. I also was saying to use that instead of the Vaal counterpart. My point was because it gives a viable ranged option, they will no longer compete with zombies for position. The uptime May be more beneficial than every advantage VSS offers. We’ve also seen a very tiny portion of the 900 alternate quality gems and have no clue just how common they will be.

I completely forgot we could corrupt the gems ourselves, lol, which answers my question if there will be alternate quality Vaal gems.
I’ve been playing around with craftofexile.com. Great website that. I first noticed that with Corroded + Jagged + Metallic + Shuddering you have about an 8.33% chance to get +1 to all spell skill gems and +1 to all minion skill gems on a Convoking Wand. Although that seems feasible, it isn't nearly as cheap as continuing with a bow. I can see this being quite powerful because even if Zombies remain the same and you only get 1 6L to work with, you can (1) craft a trigger onto one of the wands for Desecrate + Offering, and (2) all other minions get +4 levels.

If we stick to an 83 Shaper bow, you can fossil craft Corroded, + Jagged + Metallic for a 3.57% chance (average 29 attempts) at getting +1 to socketed gems and socketed skills do 20% more attack damage. For the lazy guys with a hole in their pocket, adding Serrated into the mix brings your chance up to 9.54% (average 11 attempts).

You may be required to anull out a prefix with Farric Lynx Alpha. I'm not sure if you can use that if you already have 3 suffixes, which in that case it would require a regular anull first. You then meta craft prefixes cannot be changed and scour.

Bow can then craft multimod, +2 support, minion attack/cast, and Aspect.

Thoughts?

I’ve also come across Wake of Destruction as an alternative boot choice for AG. I’d have to check to see how mobile he is when bossing though. Shocked ground disappears 2 seconds after he stops moving, and shock is removed 2 seconds after that.
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 13, 2020, 12:07:32 PM
How is this build in act 9 10? Asking for HC league. Does it do good vs kitava or not really.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
Qlidascope wrote:
MAKE ZOMBIES PERMANENT
Boys, i need you to help me out, as it is time to dust of the pitchforks. Lets face it, we've all been waiting for zombies to become permanent minions for ages, and there is none.. Absolutely no reason for them not to be so, so i ask you all to go to reddit and up vote this poor mans post as i am also getting sick of re-summoning hundreds upon hundreds of zombies due to relogs, crashes, dc's and what else. So i beg you please go to

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hembxu/zombies_and_golems_shouldnt_disappear_on_relog/ and upvote so we can get some real discussion going about this super frustrating thing.

ZOMBIES ARE PERMANENT!!!
Okay, so i've had some time off PoE (again) But its time to get ready for heist!
We both have good.. But mostly bad news so far.

Good news:
Permanent zombos (we actually did it.. Lol) ^^
Redemption sentry nerf (makes our build more relevant again yay!)
Skelly archers for clear / single dps? Could be interesting.

Bad news:
Glancing Blows
We've changed Glancing Blows to cause more damage to pass through your block. You now take 65% of damage from blocked hits. The keystone combined with effects that recover life or energy shield on block were providing too much survivability for too little investment.
Divine Flesh
The Divine Flesh keystone provided an extremely strong defensive layer against elemental and chaos damage, provided you could get enough chaos resistance. We’ve lowered the amount of maximum chaos resistance the Keystone gives to +5%, making investment into maximum chaos resistance more necessary to get the same defensive outcome.
Enduring Cry
This warcry combined with the Call to Arms keystone gave convenient defence with little or no player interaction. We're increasing Enduring Cry's cooldown to 8 seconds and requiring at least one enemy to be in range to generate endurance charges in order to increase the importance of positioning and timing during gameplay.

Ascendancies
We've lowered the Offering Effect on the Necromancer’s Mistress of Sacrifice and on the Ascendant back to its past value of 50%.

Not sure how i feel about this tbh. Mistress nerf hits us kind of hard as we'll block less. Glancing blows nerf means we'll take more damage from the attacks we do block, and the ones we don't we'll take more damage due to divine flesh nerf aswell as the less endurance charge generation. We also lose slight dps from vicious bites aswell as precise commander, however i think it won't affect the dps much i believe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info