[3.11]QUEEN OF NECROMANCY - STRONGEST ZOMBIES EVER? 55M+ DPS 7K+ LIFE MAX BLOCK 90% CHAOS RES

I wonder do you think it is worth it to replace alberons with 10% str 55str (and if I can get it) 30% MS?
"
supafiya1989 wrote:
I wonder do you think it is worth it to replace alberons with 10% str 55str (and if I can get it) 30% MS?
I’d say yes, but scaling is all gear dependent. The more % strength you get, the more valuable flat strength is, and the more flat strength, the more valuable % strength. Especially since rare boots can also come with flat life or additional defensive mods.
well it's less str% but more other stats and better MS if I can get it.

anyway how are you guys rolling your ammys? I got elder/warlord ammy and it seems like t1 str% comes up once every 1000 alts and +1 zombies isn't much better. I tried using annul's when I got one of the two, because it usually meant I got an extra 2-3 trys to roll the other mod but it's still very rare. How are you guys doing it?
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

As previously said it depends on your other sources of scaling STR (Amulet, Belt, Lethal Pride, Brawn). Generally I'd say they need all three of the above and then some, be it life or a resist you're missing. The chaos resist from Alberons cannot be ignored this league. Ideally you'd want an open suffix to craft chaos resist.

"
supafiya1989 wrote:

anyway how are you guys rolling your ammys? I got elder/warlord ammy and it seems like t1 str% comes up once every 1000 alts and +1 zombies isn't much better. I tried using annul's when I got one of the two, because it usually meant I got an extra 2-3 trys to roll the other mod but it's still very rare. How are you guys doing it?

Alt spamming for those two affixes is certainly tedious. I'm guessing most people either:
-Get an Elder amulet with +1 Zombie as only Elder mod and a Warlord amulet with %STR as only Warlord mod, and then combine them using Awakener's Orb. There are several videos on YouTube detailing the procedure.
-Get a amulet with +1 Zombie delve (non-influenced) mod, other desirable mods, and then yolo slam a suffix with Warlord's Exalted Orb. Only like 15% chance to get T1 %STR though.
Last edited by Ikarian3 on Jan 15, 2020, 2:51:37 PM
Thanks Qlida and Aldonés for the tips and ways to improve my build. I haven't even taken into consideration that the zombies are out of F&S range since I'm not using cyclone, very big mistake there. I've swapped it for Skitterbots and am looking into what I can do about Discipline, since I did notice that a lot of my ES is just ignored by all the new chaos damage in the game.

I am also looking into swapping precision for something else. I switched to Animate Guardian as well. Added Convocation to the setup for some added defense in certrain scenarios.

"
Aldonés wrote:

**That bow of yours really does intrigue me. I’ll have to look into it more in PoB.

Bow is a bit worse than the maim weapons, but I didn't play necro then and didn't know it would go legacy, so I chose to go with a bow for a number of reasons. One of them being the implicit from Synthesis league and the option to use Scourge Arrow to make the zombies go to different places so I can stay behind. The quiver is a bonus.

Not having much to go on other than poe.ninja builds that use bows, I had to make it up as I went along and obviously I made some mistakes while following guides (like using F&S even tho the zombies are always out of the range for it).

If you are interested in the bow you can PM me ingame and we'll talk about it more. @Nio will work.

"
Ikarian3 wrote:

Alt spamming for those two affixes is certainly tedious. I'm guessing most people either:
-Get an Elder amulet with +1 Zombie as only Elder mod and a Warlord amulet with %STR as only Warlord mod, and then combine them using Awakener's Orb. There are several videos on YouTube detailing the procedure.
-Get a amulet with +1 Zombie delve (non-influences) mod, other desirable mods, and then yolo slam a suffix with Warlord's Exalted Orb. Only like 15% chance to get T1 %STR though.

The awakeners orb give new mods tho, I've used 2 of them. I guess I'll just keep alt spamming because I really want the +1 zombie and the +12 str. I just duno the best way. I guess I'll keep alt spamming... the annul way I was doing it before seems like the best way imo so I might do that. anyway thank you for input
"
Qlidascope wrote:
"
Ikarian3 wrote:
Has Thread of Hope been discussed?
If you're in a position where losing the STR from Efficient Training in top-middle jewel-socket doesn't cost you a zombie, then it might be a viable option.
Thread of Hope - Medium Ring allows you to allocate Ravenous Horde, Cruel Preparation and Heart and Soul without being connected. This could free up an anoint and some skill points, that might be better used elsewhere.
https://imgur.com/a/EhkVN8F

Personally i am not suuuper excited about this one, as it eats alot of strength aswell as resists. Personally i'd rather go for something else, as alot of the passive points (Talking out from the medium range) is something that we want to pick up anyway. I see around 1 int node that isn't really needed, however it is still strength. Maybe someone sees value i don't see?

Well no, it's not super exciting - but worth keeping in mind.
Taking my own character as an example: I'm currently at 1816 STR, and there is still room for improvement. With fine-tuning of gear I can hit 1900 STR. That increase only gives me 42 STR added to zombie, which I'm guessing is negligible. But if I can drop one Efficient Training, stay above 1800 STR, get a couple extra skill-points, get Ravenous Horde and change anointment to Grave Intentions - then that's rather significant. I'm over-capped on resist and have dual-mod Watcher's Eye with Ele.Weakness immunity, so the resist penalty doesn't bother me. Situational, yes - but I'll certainly be keeping this option open.
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

The awakeners orb give new mods tho, I've used 2 of them. I guess I'll just keep alt spamming because I really want the +1 zombie and the +12 str. I just duno the best way. I guess I'll keep alt spamming... the annul way I was doing it before seems like the best way imo so I might do that. anyway thank you for input

Yeah, it's kind of a gamble. If the outcome gives you no other desirable mods than the two you fused you can sell to recover some of the cost or try to annul a suffix to craft STR on it. It's not free, but neither is chewing through 3000 alts and 10 annuls.
Edit: Just to make sure. You know you're guaranteed +1 zombie and T1 %STR if you do it right? The rest of the mods might not be so hot, but that's the gamble.
Last edited by Ikarian3 on Jan 15, 2020, 3:30:28 PM
"
Ikarian3 wrote:
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

Yeah, it's kind of a gamble. If the outcome gives you no other desirable mods than the two you fused you can sell to recover some of the cost or try to annul a suffix to craft STR on it. It's not free, but neither is chewing through 3000 alts and 10 annuls.
Edit: Just to make sure. You know you're guaranteed +1 zombie and T1 %STR if you do it right? The rest of the mods might not be so hot, but that's the gamble.

wait what? I never knew this.. can you point me in the direction of a guide to do this the right way? I don't want to mess it up like I Have many other things I thought I knew how to do but didn't.
"
supafiya1989 wrote:

wait what? I never knew this.. can you point me in the direction of a guide to do this the right way? I don't want to mess it up like I Have many other things I thought I knew how to do but didn't.

Grimro has a decent video on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWU7_ZUqYjc
I can type it up step for step if you're uncertain about anything. Just ask.
Last edited by Ikarian3 on Jan 15, 2020, 4:06:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info